Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

i do crafty things but mostly quilts these days

it all started with the foster kids. i would have people who knew them when they were in foster care each make a square and then i sewed them together so the kids could take the quilts with them so they could remember the people they met here. forgive the old picture

then i got cocky and made this giant thing for my daughter's gymnastics team to sit on at meets

bigger quilts are hard so i stopped that and moved to wall hangings and baby quilts

this one was for my buddy wd-40 bc she loves penguins

and then there was the byob quilt which was insanity. who knew there were so many people in byob?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Prof. Crocodile posted:

These quilts are awesome. But I am especially impressed by the gymnastics team mat quilt dealy. If you ever need a side hustle you could probably make them for for school clubs and youth sports teams in bougie neighborhoods (at a considerable profit).

i might get a profit over the supplies but i'd probably make like 15 cents an hour

that's all hand stitching around every applique you see there. even the eyes of the kids

frankly i think there's something wrong with me

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

Those are all beautiful but I just wanna say as someone who has family in the foster system, you're so friggen awesome fluffy, those quilts you make for those kids are just incredible what an amazing thing for them to have

:glomp:

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

i haven't bought a long arm (yet) but mr duck likes to play with them at joannes and when we were at a little quilt shop a year ago they had a massive one running right in the front of the store and he just stood there the whole time i was shopping going "COOL" so i'd imagine someday we might get one.

right now i tie my quilts. i've been starting to practice a technique called "quilt as you go" where you can use your machine to quilt small sections before attaching the whole quilt together. i'd like to try that for a while before buying a giant expensive machine

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Lol at Byob biting anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

I love bob