Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

B B posted:

Here's my POTUS map:

Here's my Senate map:

Doing both at $5 per missed state.

This is probably going to be the winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Ok looking at what the decision desks are saying I've definitely missed in a few states, but I'm waiting to see if Kanye can claw back in some counties in the rust belt states where my had him up as much as %5,000.

Jeb!, I concede, has failed me.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Phlegmish posted:

Wait until the results are final before paying up, that goes for everyone.

you are not the boss of me

donating in memory of the blue wave that never came :negative: (I had $5 per district for a solid red map)

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

RICKON WALNUTSBANE posted:

you are not the boss of me

donating in memory of the blue wave that never came :negative: (I had $5 per district for a solid red map)

Look at this fuckin’ champion. The goon of honor over here.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't really understand how gambling works.

Lets suppose 5$ per wrong state and I get say TX and FL wrong that's 10$ to charity?

Biden currently is expected for all of Maine's EV's right?

Right now then I think I'm down 20$, potentially 25$. I think for the thing on high I'll donate 25$ more or less immediately as tribute.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
maine's 2nd district was called for trump

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

maine's 2nd district was called for trump

Well then.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

This is probably going to be the winner.

Eh, I missed ME-2 and probably Georgia, but lmao that a dumbass like me did better than the pollsters and prognosticators. My secret: not paying any attention to polls for the last month, because they're bullshit.

If I could choose my prize, it would be giving Nate Cohn, Nate Silver, and Dave Wasserman swirlies.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Interestingly, no one here predicted a blue Georgia (which is in the cards) and red Florida+NC. A couple posters had blue Georgia and either red Florida blue NC or blue Florida red NC, though.

B B posted:

Eh, I missed ME-2 and probably Georgia, but lmao that a dumbass like me did better than the pollsters and prognosticators. My secret: not paying any attention to polls for the last month, because they're bullshit.

If I could choose my prize, it would be giving Nate Cohn, Nate Silver, and Dave Wasserman swirlies.
Just so you know, you picked a map consistent with a 2-pt swing to Trump vs the final projections. It's very much in line with the polls in a binary sense of who won what states.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So it looks like for the map I went with is more than likely going to be 2 off TX went red and NC went red, GA is looking like it might go blue just barely. If it is this few states I picked wrong I'll donate more than the what I said earlier.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

B B posted:

Eh, I missed ME-2 and probably Georgia,

Maine-2 looks right to me? You gave it to Trump and he got it.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

Maine-2 looks right to me? You gave it to Trump and he got it.

lmao misread my own map; as i said, i am a dumbass

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pennsylvania flipped, take that RAINN!!

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Off by three states from what I can tell. But I can do better than $3.

Antillie fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 6, 2020

Dr Interweb
May 18, 2005

Cow Polls

Dr Interweb posted:

I'll bet 5 bucks per state

I was wrong about Florida, Maine 2nd district, and (probably) North Carolina. So, fifteen bucks to RAINN, but I threw in an extra five just in case Georgia or Arizona flips to Trump.

I'll also say that if Alaska somehow goes to Biden, I'll donate another $20

EDIT: I'll take the chaos reigns tag

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr Interweb fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 8, 2020

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'll chip in for $10 per state. Are we required to go to RAINN or can we donate to any charity we want? Not that it matters much, just wondering.

This is my optimistic, but still not believing in Texas map.

I got ME-2, IA, NC, and FL wrong, which would be $40. I rounded up to $50 just in case AZ flips, and I like that rounder number anyway. Donated to Between Friends, which is a Chicago organization helping abused women and children.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Hewlett posted:

Mine's actually pretty much the same as Nessus', and I'll put down $5 per state as well. May Fivey Fox have mercy on our souls.

Looks like I was only off at two (though come onnnnn NC, my wife's home state!); still, I rounded up a bit so they can afford a bit more than a sandwich.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Roseo posted:

I'll go in for $2 per state.

I ended up being a bit more accurate than I was expecting. Rounded my contribution up a bit, it should cover me if I'm somehow wrong on more than the 2 states I see now (FL, ME-2) after counting is official.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

$10 per state.

There is systemic polling error, but it's Biden who is being underestimated.

Looks like I got IA, OH, NC, SC, FL, and ME-2 wrong. So that's $60, but I'm doing $80 just in case I missed something or something unexpectedly flips.

Edit: Hurp durp I missed TX as well. Lmao.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

$50 for ten states wrong. I added a little fun to this by making it an anonymous donation in the name of Donald Trump, care of the White House.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

DutchDupe posted:

I'm betting $15 per wrong state.

President:

Senate:

I call these maps the "Ohio and Iowa suck rear end but it's a landslide for Biden" combo.

So I think my tally here is $90 (4 wrong Presidential/2 wrong Senate) so I'll donate a clean $100 (which is a little more due to currency exchange and accounts for if I hosed up both Georgia run offs).

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Kreeblah posted:

Money's a little tight right now, so I can only do $0.50 per state, but I'm gonna go with this overly-optimistic map.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Pretty sure others have already posted this map, but here's mine

In for the FIVEY REIGNS tag and $5 per wrong state.

Looks like I missed Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and ME-2, but let's just round it up to $30 in case anything flips (it won't)

LATE EDIT: I'll take a FIVEY REIGNS tag please

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 9, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Well that's one way to guarantee a Nate Radium :v:

Anyway, I don't actually think the map's gonna turn out like this, This would be my actual prediction, which is still fairly optimistic, but gently caress it! For $5 a state:

FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA

Those purple mountain majesties and amber waves of grain ended up a lot redder than I was hoping :negative:

Alright, for 9 confirmed losses, 2 assumed (If I'm wrong they can keep the change) and an extra $2 for ME-02:

Always happy to be wrong for a good cause :)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I was off by 3 states, so that's 15 bucks from me to a good cause.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Buff Hardback posted:

Wager: $2.50 per state for both RAINN and The Trevor Project (i.e. each state is a 2.50 donation to RAINN and a 2.50 donation to The Trevor Project).

By my math, I got FL, NC, and one of NE's votes wrong. Decided to double the wagers per organization as celebration.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Athaboros posted:

$5 per state.

Looks like 3 wrong (FL, NC, GA), assuming NC goes red and GA goes blue. But, RAINN is a great cause, so:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SourKraut posted:

$5/state and I'll throw in an extra $50 if Texas goes blue

So it looks like I'll only have missed two, maybe three if AZ flips, so $15. But gently caress my state (AZ) if they do flip or for making it so close, so here's some extra on top:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Does it have to be RAINN or can I also do like, the Canadian Red Cross?

e: I'm Canadian and I'm not sure if I'm able to donate to RAINN.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 7, 2020

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Gravybong posted:

$7 per state. This is pure gut, no brain.

EDIT: my gut changed its mind once and only once

I bet $5 a state alongside Gravybong and it looks like we got 4-5 wrong (NC, NM, the partial shares from ME and NE, and fuckin' Georgia). I'm going to donate $30 because the extra prediction-missing shame of a blue GA.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Dr Interweb posted:

I'll bet 5 bucks per state

generic one posted:

I agree with this. Same wager per state.

Looks like three wrong, rounding up to fifty bucks (I’m bad at math).

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I can't add tags yet because they require an admin to upload them, and I also requested this tag too;

I doubt we'll get it done today, but never fear.

I’ll take this one, if it’s an option. :3:

generic one fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 7, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

TL posted:

Sure, I'm in for 5 bucks per wrong state.

Looks like I got three wrong, but what the hell, RAINN can have 50 bux from me.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Does it have to be RAINN or can I also do like, the Canadian Red Cross?

e: I'm Canadian and I'm not sure if I'm able to donate to RAINN.

Any worthy charity is fine. I didn't take this into consideration when I thought this thing up.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Done.

Name this Pokemon!Tank!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

generic one posted:

Looks like three wrong, rounding up to fifty bucks (I’m bad at math).

I’ll take this one, if it’s an option. :3:

I’d like the chaos reigns tag too. I think I have to get one of my currents one though, so if so, I’ll get rid of “Thrall’s balls”

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
reminder to pick a tag after/when donating if you haven't, otherwise i'll randomly assign one... sometime

edit: tally of currently input: genericone, SourKraut, Raenir

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 7, 2020

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is there a list of the tags I thought they were on the first page but I guess not.

e: I found some.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

As a fun treat, people who participate in this contest will get this cool gangtag if you want it:

I think I'll got for the gif ver if possible, otherwise the first version.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

reminder to pick a tag after/when donating if you haven't, otherwise i'll randomly assign one... sometime

First one

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I would like polls-fists-gif please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

I'll take chaos reigns

I didn't feel like figuring out win/losses so I just donated a bunch.