Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

KillHour posted:

First one

First one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'll take a Chaos Reigns because holy hell if that didn't sum up the last 4 days. :thunkgun:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
give me the (moving) needles!

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Nevermind old tweet

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

GreyjoyBastard posted:

reminder to pick a tag after/when donating if you haven't, otherwise i'll randomly assign one... sometime

edit: tally of currently input: genericone, SourKraut, Raenir

Oh, right. Gimme the first one.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

reminder to pick a tag after/when donating if you haven't, otherwise i'll randomly assign one... sometime

I will take the first one

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Nessus posted:

I will stake $5 per state, as well as something far more precious: my honor as a poster.

As you can see I have a somewhat optimistic but not wholly delusional take.
If I calculate correctly, I got Texas, NC and a Maine district wrong. Arizona is also still in flux, as is Georgia, potentially. Lingering dread has left me with concern that the latter two will slip away, but in the end, when you cross 270 electoral votes, you enter a state known as "victory," and the rest, as they say, is icing.

So I have gone with a $30 donation:

I would like to decline a gang tag as I have too many already and because if I'm going to be real, I have had an unhealthy parasocial engagement with politics which has not motivated me to action, merely sought my suffering. However, it was great to be here with you folks.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Have Some Flowers! posted:

$5 to RAINN per wrong pick. I hope there's a Blue Wave and I'm super wrong and poor.

And $100 to RAICES if Trump wins, $100 to Sunrise Movement if Biden wins

I was real close, just missed Arizona and Georgia (and NE2 because I forgot to click it). Tossed in an extra $10

Can I get the "Only trust your fists" pleeease

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Here's my relatively conservative map:

I'll do $1 per incorrect state.

So, assuming I get everything uncalled wrong, I think that makes 4.

But apparently I gave myself one of those 1,000% matches.

I'll take the moving needles one, and if I have to lose a preexisting gang tag, let it be the Bad Hombre one, please.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

B B posted:

Here's my POTUS map:

Here's my Senate map:

Doing both at $5 per missed state.

Edit: No gangtag, please. I like my current ones just fine. :)

Looks like I missed GA for POTUS; we're also not going to know GA Senate results until January (but I'd still bet my prediction is correct there). Donating more than I owe to cover it either way:

No new gangtags, please.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Red posted:

I'll wager $0.25 per wrong state.

12:30pm - Edit: I hosed up and put IL as red by mistake; this is fixed now.

I only had 3 misses (as long as AZ holds), but I went for a flat $5 donation. :D

Please give me this gang tag:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Thanks Greyjoy!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I want chaos reigns please, thank you

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

zakharov posted:

Betting five dollars per state.

LOL I think this is the same as Moon Slayer whoops

Assuming:

Red:
AK
NC

Blue:
GA

I think I owe 10 bucks lmao. I will donate more than that.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

I’ll get things going with my map. I am betting $20 per state:

This is assuming that Georgia and Arizona are called for Biden and North Carolina is called for Trump, which is what most experts expect. And then I rounded up to 50.

Thank you, all, for participating in this! By my quick, probably-off calculation this thread has donated around $1,900 to worthy causes, including RAINN, The Trevor Project, and the Canadian Red Cross, with more to come.

e: oh crap almost forgot, I'll take the one with the moving needles, please!

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 8, 2020

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

The Artificial Kid posted:

If my prediction is somehow off in any of these states then for each state I've inexplicably got wrong I'll give 20 Australian dollars to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre https://asrc.org.au/

And if I've somehow got all of them wrong (the chance of which I estimate at less than 1:10^50) I would like a Nate Radium tag.

I think Howie won this election by A LOT OF VOTES, but at this point I'm conceding in the face of tremendous voter fraud. I hope this donation leaves enough money for my legal team for the many challenges we will be bringing in criminal Democrat and Republican states.

Edit - if there's a Nate Radium tag, that's what I'd like, or otherwise no tag at all is fine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Artificial Kid fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 8, 2020

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
I got three states wrong but gently caress it. This donation is monthly.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'll go in at $10 per state

well, that's five states and one district wrong, if you count az and ga for the democrats and nc for the republicans. i figured at the time that i would get three, maybe four wrong, but based on the polls i figured i was on pretty solid ground. i'll let this be a lesson for the future

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the first tag feels especially apropos in hindsight

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'll take this one.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

RICKON WALNUTSBANE posted:

donating in memory of the blue wave that never came :negative: (I had $5 per district for a solid red map)

This one plz, animated gang tags are too distracting

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

TL posted:

Looks like I got three wrong, but what the hell, RAINN can have 50 bux from me.

Ah, forgot to choose, I'd like the "Only Trust Your Fists" tag

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
I would very much like the chaos reigned fox pls

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

This was my map as well! At $4 per miss, and assuming Trump gets NC as seems overwhelmingly likely, I missed 5: ME-2, NC, IA, FL, and TX. That's :20bux: to RAINN.

And I'd like Chaos Fivey, please.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

spouse posted:

$5 per incorrect state.

I'm wrong on AZ and GA, and thank the Great Satan for that!

I want that only trust your fists tag!

edit: the animated one :)

spouse fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 9, 2020

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Dr Interweb posted:

I was wrong about Florida, Maine 2nd district, and (probably) North Carolina. So, fifteen bucks to RAINN, but I threw in an extra five just in case Georgia or Arizona flips to Trump.

Since I lazily copied off of this poster's homework, it's also $15 for me. I'll also add $10 because hey, good cause and all that.:)

I'll take the Chaos Reigns one.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Give me a Chaos Reigns tag, please

Biffmotron
Jan 12, 2007

I missed Florida, Texas, ME-2, IA, and (probably) NC, so $25.

And I'll take a Chaos Fivey

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'm trying for Ok Comboomer's 'Nate Radium' challenge, 1$ per state. An intentionally wrong guess is still wrong so if I ace the challenge I will be donating $50

I tried to calculate this out but am too disembrained on victory gin currently so I am just donating 50

the moving needles one if I may

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

By my math we're at ~$2880 USD

:)

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Ooh, we're doing tags? I missed that. No tag for me please. I have enough already.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Roseo posted:

I ended up being a bit more accurate than I was expecting. Rounded my contribution up a bit, it should cover me if I'm somehow wrong on more than the 2 states I see now (FL, ME-2) after counting is official.

You were the only one in the thread to correctly call Georgia but not North Carolina for Biden

Any reason, time traveler??

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Panic Restaurant posted:

I will donate 50 cents per gently caress up.

Ok now that the dust has settled, it looks like I only hosed up on ME-2, Ohio, and North Carolina. I’m shocked I came that close. Technically that means I only owe $1.50 but gently caress that I’m in a good mood!!

I would like the Chaos Reigns tag, please!

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Same thought here.

$3 per state.

I rounded up to $150.

I'll take Chaos Reigns.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Chaos reigns please! :)

Mechadestroyer
Jul 22, 2008

Mechadestroyer posted:

I'm not actually feeling that optimistic on Texas, but I figure that that I should have at least one wrong state to donate for. I'll bet $3 per wrong state and $50 if I actually manage to get it right.

Welp, got 4 wrong, but it's still a good showing.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'll take this one please.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

this seems good. feel free to delete some of my more embarrasing tags

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Improper Umlaut posted:

I'll do .50 cents per wrong state as well, please tag me with shaky needles or Chaos Reigns.

It looks like at this point if everything holds I got AZ, GA, and NC wrong. I was too cynical to believe that AZ and GA would flip and too hopeful that NC would show up for Obama's VP. I don't remember exactly what I selected for ME and NE. But it looks like I owe $1.50.

Since that's a terrible donation here's ten bucks. Please tag me with whatever, either the shaky needles or Chaos Reigns.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I'll go with Chaos Reigns too, please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh yea. Chaos Reigns for me too.