Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I use the Plum Village app, which is filled with guided meditations of various lengths as well as a silent meditation timer that you can have bells sound throughout. There is also a bell you can set to go off to remind you to be mindful. And its free.

Its from a Zen Buddhist group of course but since they are largely responsible for popularizing mindfulness meditation in the west (through the writings of founder Thich Nhat Han, who died last year), I find little to no overt religiosity in the meditations. You have other menus to select dharma talks if you are so inclined. Speaking personally (agnostic), I even find those not so much preaching a religion as spelling out common sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

All of this is excellent advice. To your specific comment about "your mind doesn't clear", that is ok. You are noticing your mind isn't clear, so you are meditating correctly!

This fellow has an extended seminar talk on how to meditate that I can't find with a quick search, but this video will likely cover the same ground. He too had a hard time learning to meditate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thcEuMDWxoI