Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

A very serious question, something I struggled with the few times I tried meditating.

How do you keep yourself from falling asleep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

So, I have been giving meditation a try the last few days because there is quite a bit of stress in my life right now. A lot of it is positive stress, but some negative as well and I have been noticing myself to start to fray at the edges.

Anyways. I have always had a problem filtering out distractions and random noise while concentrating and as it turns out that gets even harder while meditating. I kept finding myself fixating on stuff like bird calls the strange electrical hissing some chargers make that is usually barely audible and only at the edge of my perception but which becomes almost world filling when you try to ignore it.

So, yeah. I assume that is something that gets better with practice but for now it was a somewhat frustrating experience.