Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1325867101496733698

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Possession changes on the interception, and if a play is blown dead but found to be a fumble on a review and there was no clear recovery (the refs picked it up), then possession stays with the fumbling team. This is part of the Dear Ed "Guns" Hocculi rule.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens are trying their damnedest to catch up to the 49ers this year

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens are trying their damnedest to catch up to the 49ers this year

two more 49ers starters in the secondary were injured this week, so the Ravens better hurry up!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
btw if you want your miami dolphins news interspersed with your right wing hate spewing you're in luck

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1325830340565331970

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

keep your eye on the three-week IR and hope he doesn't land on it so he has a shot to play Pittsburgh.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Also everyone is ignoring what a terrible throw it was by Rivers

Every throw Rivers makes is terrible. Even ones that are on target receivers have a hard time with.

I think he's a bad QB.

I mean he has all these stats and everything...it just sucks watching him and feels like he is bad.

The Eye-Test, but for badness.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Spoeank posted:

btw if you want your miami dolphins news interspersed with your right wing hate spewing you're in luck
I bet there are tens of Tua + Bill Mitchell fans very excited for this development.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

I bet there are tens of Tua + Bill Mitchell fans very excited for this development.

PantsFreeZone is probably over the loving moon

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Diva Cupcake posted:

I thought Bill Mitchell died

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Spoeank posted:

PantsFreeZone is probably over the loving moon

THATS who I have been trying to think of. The nutjob from chicago who was probably the dumbest miami sports fan of all time wrt Heat and Dolphins

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Spoeank posted:

two more 49ers starters in the secondary were injured this week, so the Ravens better hurry up!

don't worry, I've got good news!

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1325888754830159879

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1325909812325068806?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Man, a lot of hype and hope post-draft with Takk being a semi-cool and good football player.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Man, a lot of hype and hope post-draft with Takk being a semi-cool and good football player.

Reading draft profiles / mock draftable for guys years after the fact is pretty interesting.

... which has just revealed to me that NFL has rebuilt their front end so they aren't easily findable anymore. gently caress you NFL

Fine, here's PFF's:

quote:

Name: Takkarist McKinley

School: UCLA

Position fit: 3-4 outside linebacker or 4-3 defensive end

Stats to know: McKinley's 16 combined sacks and hits were the most in Pac-12 play this past season.

What he does best:

Angle-changing burst off the line of scrimmage is enough to get tackles to overset
Special straight-line speed when chasing down plays
Impressive start/stop when he wants to counter
Extremely active hands; doesn’t have a lot of clean losses
Success as a pass-rusher from both sides; 32 pressures lined up on right, 24 on left
Fantastic length for his size (34 ¾” arms) and knows how to use it
Plays low in the run game, allowing him to get under blockers and play with good leverage against the ball carrier

Biggest concern:

Wore down easily; had some very low-effort reps
Limited to the edge only, and may be limited to playing with his hand off the ground
Most of his “wow” plays come unblocked and not defeating blocks
Disappeared in a handful of game (Washington State, Arizona State)
Doesn’t turn the corner extremely well, despite his burst
Player comparison: Shane Ray, Denver Broncos

Ray and McKinley both love to challenge tackles upfield before playing the hands game. Neither profiles as a huge factor in the run game, but if they are winning as a pass-rusher, does it matter?

And his mockdraftable, where he's insanely fast: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/takkarist-mckinley

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
9ers getting Sherman back.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1325920178794860544?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1325920144183468033?s=20

Oops

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Athanatos posted:

Every throw Rivers makes is terrible. Even ones that are on target receivers have a hard time with.

I think he's a bad QB.

I mean he has all these stats and everything...it just sucks watching him and feels like he is bad.

The Eye-Test, but for badness.

He was good for a lot of years. One of the few bright spots on some otherwise fuckin miserable 2010s Chargers teams. But he's 1000% washed up and was even his last year with the Chargers. His arm strength is gone and he doesn't have the ball placement he used to. It's kind of embarrassing to watch but oh well. Another dude who should've quit when he had the chance to do it.

Marcus Peters also owns him harder than anybody else in the sport aside for like, Von Miller. I swear he threw a goddamned pick to him at least once in every game he ever played against the Chiefs when Marcus was still there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Reading draft profiles / mock draftable for guys years after the fact is pretty interesting.

... which has just revealed to me that NFL has rebuilt their front end so they aren't easily findable anymore. gently caress you NFL

Fine, here's PFF's:

And his mockdraftable, where he's insanely fast: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/takkarist-mckinley

drat, remember Shane Ray?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alaois posted:

drat, remember Shane Ray?

Apparently they nailed that comparison.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

He was good for a lot of years. One of the few bright spots on some otherwise fuckin miserable 2010s Chargers teams. But he's 1000% washed up and was even his last year with the Chargers. His arm strength is gone and he doesn't have the ball placement he used to. It's kind of embarrassing to watch but oh well. Another dude who should've quit when he had the chance to do it.

Marcus Peters also owns him harder than anybody else in the sport aside for like, Von Miller. I swear he threw a goddamned pick to him at least once in every game he ever played against the Chiefs when Marcus was still there.

2017 Rivers threw 10 INTs.

6 were vs KC.

4 were Peters.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That interception doesn't look bad in real time. He catches the ball, takes multiple steps backwards while fighting off opposing players, and then gets stripped. It's a textbook interception followed by fumble.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mr. Nice! posted:

That interception doesn't look bad in real time. He catches the ball, takes multiple steps backwards while fighting off opposing players, and then gets stripped. It's a textbook interception followed by fumble.

He never really had control though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Let's not forget they overturn the call on the field also. You are supposed to have indisputable evidence which since anyone is posting about a stupid colts game means you didn't have it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

When you get INTs at the rate Marcus Peters does, sometimes you're gonna get lucky.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Justin Herbert is better than Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees and Dan Fouts and John Hadl

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Is that good

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1325920703690862593

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

it is if you have russ on your fantasy team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

Justin Herbert is better than Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees and Dan Fouts and John Hadl

Your right

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

He never really had control though.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Rule book posting is the cry of the truly owned

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
His hands never even stay stationary on that ball, it's wobbling out of his grasp practically the whole time. That's an incompletion.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

His hands never even stay stationary on that ball, it's wobbling out of his grasp practically the whole time. That's an incompletion.

https://twitter.com/_joeyhayden/status/1325528019797209088?s=20

watch this again

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The dress is white and gold, and by god, that's final!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

first time watching this and my immediate gut reaction was to say how the gently caress was this called an interception

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

first time watching this and my immediate gut reaction was to say how the gently caress was this called an interception

He has control of the ball through the first two steps (no movement off the ball at all through that process), the ball is moving before the third but (and I'm guessing) not enough to declare a loss of control until after his third step (where the ball actually becomes loose). Frank Reich said the refs told him something about counting steps so, as far as I can tell, that's their explanation of it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

to me it looks like the ball doesn't even hit his hands, and just flies over everyone in the frame and they fall down from being dizzy trying to follow the path of the moon ball. pass interference or uncatchable?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Basically, from what I can tell, they don't think he loses control of the ball here:

Which is before his third step. And that's probably because he has or regains control here:

Which is after his third step. And then they determine Peters to actually lose control here:

Where you can see his hand physically come off the ball. But yeah, again, how consistently do they ever make this call? It's right by the letter, even with what is technically enough evidence to overturn a call on the field, but 9/10 they just ignore it or let the ruling on the field stand. They're never consistent, and rarely this consistently anal.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I bet I would have caught it no problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
peters is moving back and to the left. back and to the left.