Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

tarbrush posted:

I thought the US ambassador here was almost always done via patronage?

Yep, it's a long tradition of he who donates the most money gets the plum allies spots - the frances, italy, ireland, UK, etc. They are supposed to show up to state dinners & other official engagements, not break laws or embarrass the US, and rely on career state department officials for all the serious work. His appointment isn't like crazy or out of the norm for ambassadors in any way. The rooneys were ambassadors to Ireland for instance about a decade back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

I love how when you get past QB3 you're just like, I dunno, this guy or that guy, who loving cares, they just have to not fumble the snap and you'll take it.

That cardinals year when there was a Skelton and they made the playoffs is my gold standard benchmark of how hosed NFL teams are once QB2 goes down much less QB3.