Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
TNF probably looked really good to NFLN before the season.

MNF will be fun for a particular type of fan. A very particular type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Here's a silly little thing, it starts off with a bang. Best same # quarterback matchups:

https://twitter.com/Dameshek/status/1324059218232500224

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm guessing Alex Smith never played against another #11? Simms/White is a pretty damned mediocre matchup, although I guess Simms has rings.

I mean Alex Smith vs a generic #11 is also a pretty damned mediocre matchup, but I'd think it'd make the also ran part.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1324094825088589825

Second time for him (first was a false positive)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He might get by again, it's a close contact and not a test on him.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1324102099525840898

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Florida jokes aside that could be really bad news for Urban.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Local guy said it was contact tracing again, but I believe this does mean he can't play this week even if he stays negative?

e: 5 day isolation from when he was exposed apparently, well 'isolation' since he was at practice today.

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/1324468007192551424

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

So wait he’s in isolation for being in contact but none of the players he was just in contact with need to

I would assume it doesn't count as a close contact if he wasn't around the same person/people for 15 minutes? I mean that's just my guess, I don't really know how they do this.

It used to be 15 solid minutes at once, the CDC updated their rules to 15 total minutes in a day but I don't know if the NFL has bothered to change their rules or not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
As bad as it's been the NFL has been better than college football as a whole about this. The SEC only cancels a game when there are under 55 scholarship players available or something like that out of 85? Which has happened, with mini-outbreaks every week that don't quite get to cancelling games territory.

This particular game cancellation is Pac-12 specific, and I question whether it is actually one test that made it happen given everything else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Gonna need analytics on dong size ASAP.

Where is Incitatus when you need him?

Anyway that story is by Manish Mehta, so it is probably at least somewhat true and told in the worst way possible? Not entirely sure the good way that story could be told, but I am sure that it's told in a bad way. Or perhaps he's finally just found his holy grail.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

What is it with Stafford repeatedly getting false positives? I'm concerned his 3rd positive test will show he has something else, like Super COVID-19 or a mutant Hepatitis C.

This one wasn't a false positive, he just had a close contact.

Speaking of which remember how Chris Jones had one too that was reported after he was at practice Thursday? We had that brief discussion about how he was supposed to quarantine for 5 days from whenever it happened by the rules? He was back at practice the next day, so...uh, yeah. I mean, I have no reason to think anyone's breaking the rules necessarily, just maybe figure that poo poo out before 4 days after the contact supposedly happened. Also your rules seem to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

He went out right at the end of the game when they really could have used him, I figured it was something at least pretty bad. I was thinking collarbone but I have no basis for that other than him just grabbing at his neck/shoulder, and if it was that simple we'd probably know already I guess.