Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

Sean McVay will definitely use this bye week to finally figure out, after two years, how to deal with Cover 0 Blitzing.

Looks at whiteboard that just has "more games aginst the NFC East" written and crossed out 6 times on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, I have no idea how Jimmy could've been so bad as to get into the NFC East poo poo sandwich here: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2020/week-8-quick-reads

quote:

27. Carson Wentz - Wentz led all qualifiers with an average depth of target of 11.6 yards. In a related note, his average completion gained only 1.6 yards after the catch, worst of the week. He was the week's worst passer from under center (2-of-5 for 20 yards with three sacks).

28. Jimmy G - Garoppolo left this game in the third quarter and still finished last in DYAR in several categories, including third/fourth downs (2-for-3 for 16 yards with one interception, three sacks, and only one conversion), inside the red zone (2-for-3 for 12 yards with an interception), and on throws to tight ends (1-of-4 for 14 yards and an interception). Yes, Garoppolo's interception was thrown to a tight end in the red zone on third down.

29. Da Nootch - DiNucci was last in DYAR inside the opponents' 40-yard line (7-of-10 for 46 yards with three sacks and two fumbles). And on throws to wide receivers (12-of-26 for 93 yards, plus an 8-yard DPI). And on deep balls (0-for-6 -- in fact, he was incomplete on all nine throws that traveled more than 10 yards downfield).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Says something that the dude who's team is most known for having no idea how to win is the big Dem booster.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom Sellout posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1323700821243080706?s=20

The weekly quest to score a touchdown continues. I am setting Cowboys over/under points scored at 6.5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-xzwZ0srGk

Oh my god, they're playing the Steelers this week. Da Nootch is going to die

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope the 2022 3rd round comp pick was worth being stubborn Bill.

More like nobody was trading, because the salary cap is going to crater next year, so most teams can't afford anyone with an ongoing contract and you can't count on getting comp picks for guys, because everyone but the top players are going to get hosed on contracts this offseason.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love how when you get past QB3 you're just like, I dunno, this guy or that guy, who loving cares, they just have to not fumble the snap and you'll take it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just to think about anything else for a minute, here's a screengrab from Sunday.

See if you can pick out Aaron Donald

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

4pm CBS games map:

Red = Cowboys - Steelers
Blue = Dolphins - Cardinals

So how quickly does the entire nation get to see Tua Time?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Is this the eventual election map?

If Andy wasn't dead, I would've Jebbed up this as his election map.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Titans cut Vic Beasley

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

D-LINK posted:

Coincidentally, the NFL in-game sack record is 12, which is Steelers (vs the Cowboys). You may see that record broken imo

I think we're going to see a record for -1 yard handoffs to Zeke

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

D-LINK posted:

:negative:

It would be super rad if you see 13 sacks in a game tho

It would, but I'd feel so bad for the rando Gilbert Grape or whomever they signed for that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Reset the 'he got the roni!' counter:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1324464459742629889

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Local guy said it was contact tracing again, but I believe this does mean he can't play this week even if he stays negative?

I believe it's 5 days regardless

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of not practicing, is this good?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Dugger been any good? I remember him getting some hype draft time.

Hasn't played much yet. Losing the offseason basically cost all the Pats rookies except for the RT their... uh, year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Peters caught the ball then held it for like 3 seconds. The controversy on this one is wild to me.

Maybe in super slow mo:

https://twitter.com/RavensNationCP/status/1325529532003094529

That was a terrible call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Man, a lot of hype and hope post-draft with Takk being a semi-cool and good football player.

Reading draft profiles / mock draftable for guys years after the fact is pretty interesting.

... which has just revealed to me that NFL has rebuilt their front end so they aren't easily findable anymore. gently caress you NFL

Fine, here's PFF's:

quote:

Name: Takkarist McKinley

School: UCLA

Position fit: 3-4 outside linebacker or 4-3 defensive end

Stats to know: McKinley's 16 combined sacks and hits were the most in Pac-12 play this past season.

What he does best:

Angle-changing burst off the line of scrimmage is enough to get tackles to overset
Special straight-line speed when chasing down plays
Impressive start/stop when he wants to counter
Extremely active hands; doesn’t have a lot of clean losses
Success as a pass-rusher from both sides; 32 pressures lined up on right, 24 on left
Fantastic length for his size (34 ¾” arms) and knows how to use it
Plays low in the run game, allowing him to get under blockers and play with good leverage against the ball carrier

Biggest concern:

Wore down easily; had some very low-effort reps
Limited to the edge only, and may be limited to playing with his hand off the ground
Most of his “wow” plays come unblocked and not defeating blocks
Disappeared in a handful of game (Washington State, Arizona State)
Doesn’t turn the corner extremely well, despite his burst
Player comparison: Shane Ray, Denver Broncos

Ray and McKinley both love to challenge tackles upfield before playing the hands game. Neither profiles as a huge factor in the run game, but if they are winning as a pass-rusher, does it matter?

And his mockdraftable, where he's insanely fast: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/takkarist-mckinley