Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
a) I've been supporting ACNUR/UNHCR since music became my main means of income, even when I was poor as gently caress
b) Shitposting in the Chat Thread and dumb posts in the Kaguya-sama manga thread. Occasionally I act like one of the two mods of this sub-forum that I'm supposed to be. :haw:
c) Some of my favorite books, comics, guitars, the definitive noisy post-hardcore record period and I really, really like Katsudon.
d) Hobbies include: Reading, listening to noisy music, video game series Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Shin Megami Tensei & Fire Emblem, jogging, cooking, writing incredibly dumb stuff (including fanfiction) and even at one point becoming a thunderdome loser. I am an audio engineer with a specialty in recording, a coder and a live-translator as current jobs.
e) I've loved Muay Thai ever since I started learning it back in 2003. I think Fugazi was the greatest band to come out of the United States of America. I love eating all sorts of tasty hamburgers and am willing to taste/eat whichever funky burger you wish to serve me. My favorite piece of clothing is a kilt one of my childhood friends did for me back in 2004. If you see me at a show and I'm wearing it, your socks will be rocked clean off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

I’ll post an update once pending becomes confirmed

You're a pretty poggers mo'fo, 'tabster. :glomp:

I'll work on mine once I clock out of this hell-meeting.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

A. https://www.iowaharmreductioncoalition.org/ This is Iowa Harm Reduction Coalition, I volunteered with them until the pandemic hit and life circumstances and health meant I couldn't help out anymore. They make sure to connect drug users with clean supplies and healthcare connections. They've been really struggling during the pandemic and the majority of the demographic they serve are extremely high risk for the virus! So it's important stuff especially in these times.
B. I post in the mecha thread sometimes https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742843
C. I really like manga and anime!
D. I enjoy drawing comics, writing and cooking! I have a very heavy class load this semester so please go easy on me for my challenge!
E. I also enjoy comics from all countries, ancient poetry and literature, and really love hiking and biking. I'm also into 80s post-punk, prog jazz, and new wave music.
Unfortunately, I couldn't donate to the Iowa peeps directly. So (on the IHRC's recommendation) I had to donate to the national Harm Reduction Coalition, hope you don't terribly mind.

For a challenge hopefully this isn't super complicated: Just cook something you love eating and post some rad pictures. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

To be fair, it might have killed Matoi.
:aaa:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

Sorry this is taking me so long, I was sick with a stomach bug and haven't been able to stomach much. I'll cook one of my favorite recipes this weekend though!
s'fine! Currently out of the city due to shenanigans.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

The mods can't just expect a callout within this thread's timeframe. It's not a proper challenge unless it comes right when the mods are at their cockiest.
I'll have it before 2021, I swear. Just... end-of-year, bollocks-everywhere motherfuckery happening. Y'know, as usual for the rear end-end of the gregorian indicator of our shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Here's the silly fanfic. Enjoy, I guess! It's very, very dumb, but was sorta fun to just gently caress around with a small story!

Who's who (if anyone's curious enough):
  • Kengo Arisugawa = Arist
  • Nurse Namikawa = Namtab
  • Kensho Karasuyama = Smoking Crow
  • Goro Gongenzaka = Gorf Zaplen
  • Rintaro Ayukawa = Julias
  • Jiro Nikaido = SB Hermit
  • Tetsuya Kagurazaka = Kagaya Homoraisan
  • Seiji Wakamatsu = Wark Say