Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
You won't even notice it. You blink and you miss it. Cars and trains don't even need to stop there. It's a blip. A dot on a map. It's the only thing I've ever asked for. Please. It's just an itty bitty little place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

A recent poll of Las Llamas residents shows an impressive 80% support for the town council's recent transportation initiatives among residents named 'Madison.'

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
A Reminder from City Hall
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

This is a reminder that, depending on your timezone, Monday may be the last day to submit your drawings to City Hall!

Best Regards,
Carl the Temp.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

From tcarl@.cntrc.rri.com posted:

Dear Mr. Mayor,

I have just finished setting up the new flyer for "RRI Developments", as per your request; please find it attached to this email.
Best Regards,
Carl T.

PS: your vechicle has been thorougly scrubbed and is ready for inspection.

Cities in progress

Nowhere - Sighence

Motto REDACTED

New Mathsville - Blastinus

Always Show Your Work!

Dimension of Doors - Phelddagrif

Motto REDACTED

Linesham-upon-Plastic - Pea

THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HERE!

Steelicity - Eeepies

Steelicity - the city of steel cars and trains!

Otisburg - CzarChasm

Motto REDACTED

Sporkia - SporkChan

Sporkia, where we provide the right tool for ALL MANY Most some jobs!

Las Llamas - megane

Life is better with llamas™!

Pompadia - The General

Motto REDACTED

Beltreno - Omobono

Meglio un autobus oggi che un treno domani

From REDACTED@.rri.com posted:

To Whom It May Concern,

these are the Routes for your RRI Development™ for week #3.

https://i.imgur.com/UarZZCh.mp4

PS: it has come to our attention that the full statistical distribution for the Procedural process is not a know entity to most of the City Planners. These are the possible outcomes when planning a RRI Development™:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 25, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

More rolls funding like the last one please.

[sarcasm]Unrelatedly[/sarcasm], Mr. Carl, the package with my gran's cookies and cakes is in the mail.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Omobono posted:

More rolls funding like the last one please.

[sarcasm]Unrelatedly[/sarcasm], Mr. Carl, the package with my gran's cookies and cakes is in the mail.

No kidding, Carl, you've outdone yourself this time. If ever you need a recommendation so that you can eventually be Purchasing Assistant Carl instead, you let me know.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Leaked Comms from City Hall
Week 3 planning instructions have been unexpectedly delayed. We now know why.

Email 11-26-20 posted:

Seasonal Greetings from City Hall!

Did you know that a flock of turkeys is just called a flock of turkeys? But sometimes, it's called a gang. Apologies for the delayed communications, Carl was trampled by a flock of savage turkeys and had to be hospitalized. We found this in his inbox though:
REDACTED

Best Wishes,
Martha from Archives

PS: if you have already submitted your week 3 plans, good job! We knew we could count on you.

Also, someone did a really nasty hack job and was able to leak these seemingly innucuos emails from last week as well.

Email 11-18-20 posted:

Greetings from City Hall!

Your initial submission has left everyone astonished. Martha in Archives was awe-struck for a good hour (1)! We all agree that this has been the best thing to happen to this Town since the Old Ferry was made free to ride in 1954 (2).
These are the brand new official Routes for the 2nd week of public works:
REDACTED

Here at City Hall we knew you were the perfect candidate for this; we are looking forward to your next submission.

Best Regards,
City Hall

(1) Please don't forget to consult Directive #34-bis/12 Public works and expected results to avoid such incidents in the future.
(2) See point #8 from our previous communication.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 26, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

A reminder from City Hall the infirmary.

Hello!

This is a reminder that, depending on your timezone, Monday may be the last day to submit your drawings to City Hall!

Best Regards,
Carl the Temp.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Good news everyone! Carl is getting better. Our common acquaintance, Sighence, has even sent him a "Get Well Soon" card and I've been told it has been most appreciated! Carl was only mildly traumatized by the avian theme.

Speaking of news, it looks like word is spreading!

Speaking of spreading, it's Infrastructure Week!

3rd Round Progress posted:

Nowhere - Sighence

Motto REDACTED

Always Show Your Work!

That Train Was Just A Car

Steelicity - Eeepies

Otisburg - CzarChasm

Motto REDACTED

Sporkia - SporkChan

Las Llamas - megane

Pompadia - The General

Motto REDACTED

Beltreno - Omobono

Speaking of Week, these are the week 4 approved plans:

Round 4 dice posted:

https://i.imgur.com/UGzPY5Y.mp4

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This was over 7 rounds total, right?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

This was over 7 rounds total, right?

Yes, a full game without any expansion dice lasts for a total of 7 Rounds :)

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

That Italian Guy posted:

Yes, a full game without any expansion dice lasts for a total of 7 Rounds :)

Guess I should actually start deploying those superpower pieces. As the saying goes: use it or lose it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Blastinus posted:

Guess I should actually start deploying those superpower pieces. As the saying goes: use it or lose it.

Yeah, as a reminder you can draw up to 3 Special Routes, but you can only use one each Round! It's not mandatory, but it usually is quite beneficial.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

A Reminder from City Hall
Heavy snowfall is expected across most of the northern emisphere, so please note that depending on your timezone, today may be the last day to submit your drawings to City Hall!
PS: this is true even if your Town is located in the southern emisphere - minus the snow.

A weird interference
Comms from City Hall were...a bit weird last week. We are almost certain there is now a mole in City Hall, altering and leaking correspondence that is supposed to be highly confidential. At least, the Routes provided were kept intact, but this trend is quite worrisome.

Comms from City Hall, 12/01 posted:

Greetings from City Hall, Friend!

Carl is doing better, but he is not out of infirmary yet - something about some kind of wing-claw-and-beak bird virus. I'm sure it's nothing.

In the meantime, great news! Our boldacious city planning initiative has finally been recognized by local scriveners and articles themselves are only mildly slandering. These are the new Routes for week 4 of our Glorious Seven Weeks Plan:

Keep up good work,
Boris, Assistant City Cultural Attaché for Comradery

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
I'll be getting mine in after work. I've had my submission ready for days but I just forgot to PM it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Not sure what to say about this. Slander of the highest order.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxdl7b0AJ8I

We don't think we can trust any piece of media that mispells the word "word". In an unrelated note, I hope everyone will join us in welcoming back Carl after his recovery.

4th Round Progress posted:

Nowhere - Sighence

Motto REDACTED

Always Show Your Work!

Steelicity - Eeepies

Otisburg - CzarChasm

Motto REDACTED

Sporkia - SporkChan

Las Llamas - megane

Pompadia - The General

Motto REDACTED

Beltreno - Omobono

Round 5 dice posted:

https://i.imgur.com/RsSM4pD.mp4

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 8, 2020

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Steeliticy appreciates all the railroads coming, and we're sending in a petition for even more rails in the future.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The T-shaped-railroad lobby has grown far too powerful.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Eeepies posted:

Steeliticy appreciates all the railroads coming, and we're sending in a petition for even more rails in the future.

Otisburg on the other hand respectfully petitions for more roads in the coming referendums.

EDIT: vvvvv Oooh, yeah, 1 or 2 of those too if you are feeling generous.

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 9, 2020

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
New Mathsville, though appreciative of T intersections, respectfully requires an L-bend.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

A reminder from City Hall
Hello!

Best Regards,
Carl the Temp.

Leaked comms from City Hall, 12-08-20

quote:

A defamating piece of media may have come to your attention in the last few days, over the so called "You Tube". Our expert in everything young, Carl, assures us that this is a clear attempt at destroying everything good we have been building - surely the culprits are from That City over there. You know the one.

Anyhow, these are the Routes for this week, straight out of the press!

This infrastructure renovation is totally worth the money we are paying, if you ask us.

Best Regards,
City Hall

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

One of our City Planners has not submitted their drawings withing the deadline! How authentic :3:

We'll wait one more day, to comply with the #335/1917 directive "5 seconds rule, but in days".

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

'Tis the season to be industrious and productive, at least according to RRI's corporate guidelines!

By the way, some of you have inquired about my middle name. It's a bit of a personal question, but since we have worked so hard on this project together, I think we can get a bit personal! My middle name is Cindy. Here are the latest Routes:
https://i.imgur.com/25qoNlf.mp4

It looks like the Railroad union has started a strike this week - something about being overworked the last week. So I hope you enjoy Roads!

By the way, Deadline this week is the 23rd of December, but please let us know if you need an holidays extension!

Best Wishes,
City Cindy Hall

Round 5 progress posted:

Nowhere - Sighence

Motto REDACTED

Always Show Your Work!

Steelicity - Eeepies

Otisburg - CzarChasm

Motto REDACTED

Sporkia - SporkChan

Las Llamas - megane

Pompadia - The General

Motto REDACTED

Beltreno - Omobono

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 16, 2020

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

That Italian Guy posted:

It looks like the Railroad union has started a strike this week - something about being overworked the last week. So I hope you enjoy Roads!

The citizens of Steelicity will not stand down quietly into the night at this outrage, City Hall.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
On the contrary, the road stimulus is greatly appreciated, and we hope that the final round of funding includes even more (with perhaps a rail line and overpass to appease the train lobby).

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Time to change our city motto to "Yes, We Built It This Way On Purpose™"

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

A reminder from City Hall

Hello!

This is a reminder that, depending on your timezone, Tuesday may be the last day to submit your drawings to City Hall!

Best Regards,
Carl the Temp.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Dear City Planner / Mayor,

we were going over the expenses we have so far sustained during the new RRI development and...well, something has surfaced. Please find minutes from the last City Hall meeting attached:

You can find the rest of the minutes on Twitter - we are all for transparency here! The good news is that we have spent very little on anything that is not "dice". No wait, that's the bad news. In fact, we'll have to slash the dice budget massively if we want our City to continue exist after the next month. We have had some dissent, of course:

Image courtesy of Sighence.

Anyhoo, this is the proverbial end of the line. The stopping point. The die is cast, if you will. So have fun with the remaining funding and may all the gods have mercy on our soul.
https://i.imgur.com/dZSTfaj.mp4

As a result of the budget cuts, no straight Roads/Railroads have been produced. But if you like 90° turns, oh boy, you're in for a treat!

NOTE: since this is the last time anyone on this project is getting paid, take your time. You have until January 6th to submit your creations. Of course if everyone is a stakhanovist and we get all the submission before that term, we'll just pull the trigger and publish the final results then. As if.

Time for me to update my resumee.

Sincerely,
City Cindy Hall

Round 6 results posted:

Nowhere - Sighence

Motto REDACTED

Always Show Your Work!

Steelicity - Eeepies

Otisburg - CzarChasm

Motto REDACTED

Sporkia - SporkChan

Las Llamas - megane

Pompadia - The General

Motto REDACTED

Beltreno - Omobono

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 23, 2020

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Quick question: Is something like this allowed?

Or the dead end leading out of the map instead

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 23, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Eeepies posted:

Quick question: Is something like this allowed?

Yes, as long as it doesn't connect directly a Road and a Railroad (IE: if the route below the circled one had an open Road connector on the "north" side). The open end will count as an Error (-1 point) at the end of the game, but it's possible to place a Route like that.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That's...
Actually it's still workable here in Beltreno.
Holy cow I didn't plan for a roll like this. Perfect forward keikaku* :smuggo:
Translator's note: keikaku means the translator is an hack.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
I've decided to just live with my errors at this point. It'll work out in the end.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Thanks! I hate it!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Oops! All Corners

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

A City Hall employee, off the record, is cited as having said "lol get bent".

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Most of the submissions so far have been reaaaly close in score! This is going to be interesting :suspense:

Also, this is the official judge for the Tournament. As you can see, everything is being handled with the highest degree of professionality:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

Also, this is the official judge for the Tournament. As you can see, everything is being handled with the highest degree of professionality:

That's a face the people can believe in. :patriot:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Most of the submissions so far have been reaaaly close in score! This is going to be interesting :suspense:

No kidding, I've checked everyone's else turn 6 trying to estimate everyone's best case scenario with the latest all-corners roll (seriously, that's such a massive tire fire) and it's going to be a nail-biter, because I spotted at least one 1-point difference with me, and the question always is: did I see the actual best configuration? :suspense:

I'm coming back to my map every now and then trying to see if I can squeeze an extra point with something really insane.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Omobono posted:

No kidding, I've checked everyone's else turn 6 trying to estimate everyone's best case scenario with the latest all-corners roll (seriously, that's such a massive tire fire) and it's going to be a nail-biter,

So, before turn 7 I figured out what dice I needed to achieve all my personal goals and get the best score, and it was pretty much the exact opposite of what we ended up getting.

It has also been a trip playing in this format (Thanks for organizing this TIG!) because I normally play an instinctive game, taking quick turns and not even looking at other people's boards. But now I have a week to not only over-analyze my own turn, but each other players at the 'table' and it is making me second guess everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Yeah, after looking at the format, I realized that this is intended to be a chill game where what the other players are doing is mostly not a factor in the gameplay, so I've actually been avoiding everyone else's boards on purpose and just doing what I think would be best for my board in specific. I'm interested to see how it all pans out.