Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I'm down for this, but I vote for no expansion, at least on the first go around.

In the meantime, I'll be drawing up blueprints for Otisburg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Otisburg is going to be an little bitty place that is going be located directly on some waterfront property in the near future. As long as a certain underwear-on-the-outside wearing individual doesn't interfere. Mr Luthor generously is allowing me to try and stretch my meager intellect and try a little urban planning. I better not disappoint him. Again.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Two questions.

For this first round, does every die have to connect to one of the exits, or can I say take the straight road (1st die) connect it to an exit, and then place the 90 degree road (2nd die) to the first one?

Second, with the special dice, do you use one of them in addition to the four dice that are rolled each round (placing 5 tiles for that round), or do you use a special die in place of one of the normal ones?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

You won't even notice it. You blink and you miss it. Cars and trains don't even need to stop there. It's a blip. A dot on a map. It's the only thing I've ever asked for. Please. It's just an itty bitty little place

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Eeepies posted:

Steeliticy appreciates all the railroads coming, and we're sending in a petition for even more rails in the future.

Otisburg on the other hand respectfully petitions for more roads in the coming referendums.

EDIT: vvvvv Oooh, yeah, 1 or 2 of those too if you are feeling generous.

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 9, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I just want to say this has been a lot of fun, win or lose.

I didn't even really think about comparing my moves to other players as we were going along other than looking at the first week to see how different everyone played.

I will also add that this inspired me to pickup a copy of the game myself. Though I'd be lying if Shut Up & Sit Down advocating strongly for it didn't also push hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, I misread the rules for the first 4 or 5 turns and just tried to make the longest continuous connections, but then I saw scoring rule 1 and realized what kind of mistake I was making. (And also how the longest roads actually worked) Still a lot of fun. Thanks for hosting. I'm going to check out your other thread.