Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I'm absolutely down for this. The premise makes it sound like Carcassonne and I love me some Carcassonne.

Everyone will know New Mathsville, but nobody will understand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
I think I'm going to echo other folks in the thread and say that if you want to do expansions, it'd be best to start with game two for that. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to be going into this system blind, so the less complication, the better.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
New Mathsville, a town unconcerned with ending up in the right place, just so long as you know how you get there. Hence the town's motto: Always Show Your Work.

So, you ask, how DID we get here? Well, when your father's the mayor, trying desperately to find a career for his shiftless son, the world is effectively your oyster, an oyster that's 7x7, or 49 square miles. Not a big town, but that's soon to change

For centuries, our quaint little community has subsisted on dirt paths and hiking trails, but my father's been in contact with our neighboring city, That Italian Guyville, and has received some interesting news about a newfangled concept called "infrastructure," involving trains and motorcars. At no charge to us, the big city is airdropping in sections of this so-called infrastructure, and it's up to our City Planning Division to show them where to place it. A real opportunity for us to come up in the world, but there's a problem: we don't have a "City Planning Division".

My father, seeing an opportunity for me to advance my career, has guided me into an office, with a grid of our fair town in front of me, and has politely, but firmly, informed me that my task for the foreseeable future is to fill that in, to the best of my ability. The entire town's future is riding on this, no pressure, see you in seven weeks.

Well, as they say here in New Mathsville, it's time for me to show my work, or die trying. How hard could it be?

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

That Italian Guy posted:

Yes, a full game without any expansion dice lasts for a total of 7 Rounds :)

Guess I should actually start deploying those superpower pieces. As the saying goes: use it or lose it.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
I'll be getting mine in after work. I've had my submission ready for days but I just forgot to PM it.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
New Mathsville, though appreciative of T intersections, respectfully requires an L-bend.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
I've decided to just live with my errors at this point. It'll work out in the end.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Yeah, after looking at the format, I realized that this is intended to be a chill game where what the other players are doing is mostly not a factor in the gameplay, so I've actually been avoiding everyone else's boards on purpose and just doing what I think would be best for my board in specific. I'm interested to see how it all pans out.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Yeah, i kinda had a feeling that I wasn't going to win. Didn't figure I'd end up in a pretty definite last, but eh, it's no biggie. I still had a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Yeah, if I wanted to disaster-proof my design, I should have gone for a minimalistic angle and built along both ends of the board. Given the time constraints and the unpredictability of the pieces, trying to build out of one side into the center has a high probability of leaving you unable to finish your connections on the other side, which is what did me in eventually.