Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

gently caress this, I'm in.

The small Italian town of Beltreno will join in this tournament to show all you mouthbreathers how to make trains run on time :smug:

Narrator voice: Beltreno would not manage to make the trains run on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Spare a thought for a beleaguered town planner in the small Italian town of Beltreno.

It began when a con artist waltzed in town trying to convince an investment into a monorail scheme. The inhabitants being smarter than those of Springfield, USA [citation Needed], the con man was run out of town.
The inhabitants NOT being smarter than those of Springfield, USA, they then decided the general idea of expanding the town's transportation network, but with proper Italian roads and trains, was a good one.

Considering that words like "synergies", "visibility", or "holistic" were involved, it is my deep suspicion that the "con man" was in fact a distraction, and a successful one at that.

I don't even want to know how we're getting the funding here. A couple people must have called in some favors from their in-laws working at the region. I hope.

Enter me, the town's employee that somehow ended up failing upwards into the Road and Railroad Planner position; I'm fairly sure it's because I was too slow in calling "not me".

How hard can it be, really? (don't answer that please)
And now I've got to herd all the committees and subcommittees and subsubcommittes so I know what we can build. Frankly, the outputs are quite indistinguishable from random dice throws.

Then I've got to take that crap and try to fit it into a semi-coherent plan on how to improve Beltreno's connection with the rest of our neighbors. And I must immediately implement everything that comes out, because as always funds work on "use it or lose it" criteria.

Then some idiot decided to throw a gauntlet around the loving world. That one is on me. I'd ask what the gently caress I was thinking, but I was drunk so I know the answer, I wasn't. So if when this poo poo blows up it'll be in my face. Admittedly it was always going to blow in my face but it'd have been a local idiocy, not a globalized one.

Oh, here comes the new town motto, from the motto subsubsubcommitte. Hopefully it will be a decent one. Oh, who am I kidding.

"Meglio un autobus oggi che un treno domani"

gently caress it's even worse than I feared.
Screw this, I'm not sober enough for this poo poo.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

More rolls funding like the last one please.

[sarcasm]Unrelatedly[/sarcasm], Mr. Carl, the package with my gran's cookies and cakes is in the mail.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This was over 7 rounds total, right?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That's...
Actually it's still workable here in Beltreno.
Holy cow I didn't plan for a roll like this. Perfect forward keikaku* :smuggo:
Translator's note: keikaku means the translator is an hack.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Most of the submissions so far have been reaaaly close in score! This is going to be interesting :suspense:

No kidding, I've checked everyone's else turn 6 trying to estimate everyone's best case scenario with the latest all-corners roll (seriously, that's such a massive tire fire) and it's going to be a nail-biter, because I spotted at least one 1-point difference with me, and the question always is: did I see the actual best configuration? :suspense:

I'm coming back to my map every now and then trying to see if I can squeeze an extra point with something really insane.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Blastinus posted:

Yeah, after looking at the format, I realized that this is intended to be a chill game where what the other players are doing is mostly not a factor in the gameplay, so I've actually been avoiding everyone else's boards on purpose and just doing what I think would be best for my board in specific. I'm interested to see how it all pans out.

Same here, I just checked the 6th turn boards a few days later after submitting my turn 7 out of curiosity.
It was not a good idea.

By the way, goddammit brain, no we're not improving our submission and there's no point in thinking about it anymore.
TIG, you got my 7th round right? :toxx: that's final no take backsies or corrections.

Edit: unless I made a rules mistake but I think you'd have told me already.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The toxx is for my sanity, not out of any kind of fair play or anything. I just added an escape clause if I made a rules error, but if the submission is legit that's it.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sir, you are insane and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter threads.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:catstare:
Are you kidding me right now? Wow.

Goontratulations to The General, gg wp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

The funny (well I guess depending on the point of view) thing is that, as a rule of thumb, you would be the first to submit your drawings each time and The General would be the last...so you've been in the lead until this morning :v:

Also Google Sheets sorting goes alphabetically (if the item used to filter is a match), so you show up first in the table - I've only realized this now. Apologies for that! Think of it like being that Oscar winner that was announced by mistake :v:

No, no, it is absolutely funny and anyone saying it's not would be lying.

Honestly I didn't even notice that I was first in list, I was too busy alternating :catstare: and laughing on getting second because somebody's else trains ran on time. I feel that's a simply perfect ending.

(16 squares railroad, Jesus)