Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock

Right you are Mike, and this putt is made all the more difficult by the notoriously tricky Shady Dunes greens, and the fact that notable space warlord Xor has set up his Pagoda of Death on the 13th and demands Earth's most powerful warriors face him in mortal combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock

Oh and the putt has leaned left, and- yes, it seems like the Phantom of Hole 8 has immediately reaped Mr. Simmons soul as punishment.

Tom these are the kinds of situations you've got to be prepared for at this level of play, he has nobody to blame but himself

Macnult

there it is Mike, just like you called it. eyes fixed on the hole, shaking his butt for the signal

wait a second Tom this isn’t any normal signal. is he?.. he must be-

goodness Mike i cannot believe my eyes but they are channeling! to those tuned in, we have never seen anything like this before

truly a spectacle for the putting world today. this is history, folks. in the past we’ve seen summoning, conjuring, auras, chakras...

even Mike’s grandmother

true, Tom! and what a ferocious spirit she is! half of this course is still doomed for eternity thanks to her

what a pistol that woman

forrrr sure

so what’s he channeling here Mike?

hard to say, looks like a portal?

you mean out of bounds?

well, Tom, not exactly. cosmic putts have been banned since the wormhole tragedy of the year 20E7VFG

ah yes, the supernova of love

something like that. however, there is a loophole with other dimensions. we can’t be certain what’s happening on the other side — there could be an entirely separate putting competition going on, therefore not going out of bounds. but hey, if the ball ends up back here in one piece then i say play on

makes sense. maybe it’s the dimension where you’re the good looking one

eaaaasy there, Tom. my grandmother might hear you

Prof. Crocodile

that took a bad bounce, but he may be able to get out of the bunker and onto the green if he can avoid the cat turds that have been slowly accumulating during the course of the international groundskeeper's strike.

Heather Papps

hello friend

now, you have to remember that this green is directly above a first nations burial mound, and if you forgo the observations of respect you're gonna get cursed. make sure to pack tobacco, sweetgrass and sage for hole 7!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Khanstant
i stand by the windmill

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Macnult posted:

there it is Mike, just like you called it. eyes fixed on the hole, shaking his butt for the signal

wait a second Tom this isn’t any normal signal. is he?.. he must be-

goodness Mike i cannot believe my eyes but they are channeling! to those tuned in, we have never seen anything like this before

truly a spectacle for the putting world today. this is history, folks. in the past we’ve seen summoning, conjuring, auras, chakras...

even Mike’s grandmother

true, Tom! and what a ferocious spirit she is! half of this course is still doomed for eternity thanks to her

what a pistol that woman

forrrr sure

so what’s he channeling here Mike?

hard to say, looks like a portal?

you mean out of bounds?

well, Tom, not exactly. cosmic putts have been banned since the wormhole tragedy of the year 20E7VFG

ah yes, the supernova of love

something like that. however, there is a loophole with other dimensions. we can’t be certain what’s happening on the other side — there could be an entirely separate putting competition going on, therefore not going out of bounds. but hey, if the ball ends up back here in one piece then i say play on

makes sense. maybe it’s the dimension where you’re the good looking one

eaaaasy there, Tom. my grandmother might hear you

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Jaguars!

Ooh, this is not good for Guiterrez, he's hit it straight into the bunker. We haven't heard anything but rumors from there lately but the consensus is that not only is Hitler still alive, but he's also really angry. Guiterrez looked to have fourth nicely in hand after the morning session but it looks like he's really going to have to work for it this afternoon.

Yinlock

lol at every post

Yinlock

Welcome back to the Windy Pines Open, where Michael Williams has just managed to solve the sphinx's 2nd riddle after a disasterous bunker shot.. If he can decipher the final clues he just might make par.

SIDS Vicious

Yinlock posted:

Welcome back to the Windy Pines Open, where Michael Williams has just managed to solve the sphinx's 2nd riddle after a disasterous bunker shot.. If he can decipher the final clues he just might make par.

lmao

Jaguars!

"Morris standing at the tee now aghast as his away drive has hooked badly past the dogleg. He has no whistle, no dog and there are no sheep anywhere in sight. There's no gate to enter the green and even if he somehow got the sheep onto the green, there's not even a fence to keep them in."

"You know Tom, it's like he didn't even come prepared for a sheepdog trial today"

Prof. Crocodile

"well mike, we're now looking at the 8th hole where bob mcpherson's day has just gotten a lot worse. he's hooked it way off the fairway, and now if he wants to make the green in 3 he's going to have to get past the anor londo archers."

google THIS

Well Mike, I didn't think F. B. was going to make that putt, but he managed to score an eagle on this crucial hole! Though it does make you wonder, why didn't the eagle help out when he was teeing up?

Yinlock

Prof. Crocodile posted:

"well mike, we're now looking at the 8th hole where bob mcpherson's day has just gotten a lot worse. he's hooked it way off the fairway, and now if he wants to make the green in 3 he's going to have to get past the anor londo archers."

Yinlock

Tom, this nomadic tribe of warriors has a millennia-old tradition of declaring an eternal blood-feud by throwing small, white stones at each-others tents. This year they appear to have set up shop in the fairway here on the 17th, which is just more pressure that Gallagher, who is still suffering from that wizard's curse from the 12th, doesn't need

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 6, 2020

google THIS

Ooh, right into the quantum bunker. He'll be able to see where the ball lies, but he'll have no idea how fast it's going.

Jaguars!

Yinlock posted:

Tom, this nomadic tribe of warriors has a millennia-old tradition of declaring an eternal blood-feud by throwing small, white stones at each-others tents. This year they appear to have set up shop in the fairway here on the 17th, which is just more pressure that Gallagher, who is still suffering from that wizard's curse from the 12th, doesn't need

Jaguars!

Guiterrez has been taking a very long time about his approach shot to the 18th, and now he appears to have given it all up for the love of a good woman. A very long term move this, offering happiness, stability and an escape from the tightrope from poverty to wealth that all golf pros must precariously negotiate, but to do it at this stage of the game is really going to do nothing for his score.

Heather Papps

hello friend

now watch this shot carefully. weir hit the gravity reversal switch off his drive, so he's gonna have to play the rest of this hole upside down, but damned if mike isn't a pro.

Heather Papps

hello friend

oooooh ouch, looks like brooke is gonna end up in the quicksand trap, and she already took a mulligan after a howling monkey stole her ball so she's gonna have to play where it lies.

Heather Papps

hello friend

*ATTENTION ALL ATTENDEES*
WE DID NOT PUT UP THE BLUE WALL
WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT'S SONG
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TRUST IT

Jaguars!

Campbell seems to be developing a nasty late game case of the yips. I guess that's not too surprising after he was run down by a foaming pack of dogs on the 3rd earlier today.

Heather Papps

hello friend

pecan

Heather Papps posted:

*ATTENTION ALL ATTENDEES*
WE DID NOT PUT UP THE BLUE WALL
WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT'S SONG
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TRUST IT

Yinlock

Jaguars! posted:

Guiterrez has been taking a very long time about his approach shot to the 18th, and now he appears to have given it all up for the love of a good woman. A very long term move this, offering happiness, stability and an escape from the tightrope from poverty to wealth that all golf pros must precariously negotiate, but to do it at this stage of the game is really going to do nothing for his score.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Jaguars! posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

super sweet best pal

Putting's been easier on the 5th ever since an active volcano formed around it but the fairway has killed many a talented golfer.

Yinlock

super sweet best pal posted:

Putting's been easier on the 5th ever since an active volcano formed around it but the fairway has killed many a talented golfer.

Hitting out of lava is always a risky proposition, Mike, doubly so given that no golfer has ever survived the process

Jaguars!

"Halsett emerges from the bushes having proven to the all who would cast doubt that he is no longer a boy, but a man. But at what cost? I'll tell you, Tom. He's now 3 strokes behind the play."

Yinlock

Jaguars! posted:

"Halsett emerges from the bushes having proven to the all who would cast doubt that he is no longer a boy, but a man. But at what cost? I'll tell you, Tom. He's now 3 strokes behind the play."

Yinlock

Is that- yes, a dome of pure darkness has engulfed the green. It seems like Garcia has called down a Shadow Putt upon Williams. If he fails to make par here, his soul will be trapped in a dimension of endless darkness for all eternity.

Mike this is the kind of poor sportsmanship you're supposed to leave behind when you enter the pro circuit.

Rags to Liches

future skeleton soldier

For now, Williams seems not to hear the keening cries of the anguished souls of those golfers who have failed before him. His composure here is a testament to how well he's played this season, but the Dark Tendrils are creeping from the Shadow Putt to obscure his vision, warping his view of the green.

Let's watch.

Yinlock

Rags to Liches posted:

For now, Williams seems not to hear the keening cries of the anguished souls of those golfers who have failed before him. His composure here is a testament to how well he's played this season, but the Dark Tendrils are creeping from the Shadow Putt to obscure his vision, warping his view of the green.

Let's watch.

And the putt has dropped! The thirsting Golf Shadowlords aren't going to like that one bit, Tom.

Too right, Mike, as Garcia appears to have been hollowed out by furious darkness, while Williams has obtained the 4th piece of the Omegaclub. While debate still rages amongst the Golf Council on if the Omegaclub- forged by God to hit a sick chip-in and cause the Big Bang- will be tournament-legal, he's nevertheless got to be feeling good about this one.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 10, 2020

Rags to Liches

future skeleton soldier

Yinlock posted:

And the putt has dropped! The thirsting Golf Shadowlords aren't going to like that one bit, Tom.

Too right, Mike, as Garcia appears to have been hollowed out by furious darkness, while Williams has obtained the 4th piece of the Omegaclub. While debate still rages amongst the Golf Council on if the Omegaclub- forged by God to hit a sick chip-in and cause the Big Bang- will be tournament-legal, he's nevertheless got to be feeling good about this one.

Indeed! While the rest of the field trudges along today's first round of this year's Quest for the Masters, Williams has found himself among the top of the leaderboard. It's going to be tough to catch him unless someone invokes a Skins Rite.

Jaguars!

Crowe approaches the 8th tee with some confidence apparent. Deservedly so after a fine performance on his last hole, with a sublime initial drive. He got past the greenkeeper with a combination of fireballs, teleportation and releasing a trained mole onto the green. However, he only has two lives left and is down to his last Plasma Blast, which he'll have to husband carefully on the back nine.

google THIS

Rash is off to a great start here in the BT Open, coming in under par on both of the first two holes and with a spectacular drive here on the 3rd. Let's see how he does with the bike section.

Heather Papps

hello friend

now pay close attention here: normally you'd have to answer the bunker goblins riddles three to get your ball back, but arnie has long held the ring of sand. and... he's displaying the ring to the goblin. just beautiful form. now listen carefu- *shrieeeeeeeek* - yup, watch that goblin toss that ball right onto the green, with no stroke penalty. just amazing.

Jaguars!

Let's see how Ells deals with the goblins now. He's prevaricating on the first riddle, seems to be asking whether he can get a pen and paper. Oh! He's thrown a bag of milk all over the goblins! Tom, I've been on the tour for nearly 40 years now and I've NEVER seen such a disgusting lack of sportsmanship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

A pall of green smoke is rising over the clubhouse now, indicating that the golf elders have performed the rites of golf jurisprudence. Katie, what's the word on the ground?

Well Mike, Ells has been cursed with a four stroke penalty. That's right, he must stand in the water feature and receive four whiplash strokes of the razor-suckered tentacles of the kraken without blubbing before he is allowed back on the tour.