Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

croup coughfield posted:

im confused. youve admitted here that more people like the bumps than dont, we've demonstrated where you were in the wrong in detail. so why are those probes standing?

I don’t think I was in the wrong. An admin told AiT not to do it again or he’d get banned. So I think one day off is a fair compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
weasel poo poo. flavius 2

copy
Jul 26, 2007

ive appreciated the thread archaeology this morning for what its worth. p fun reading/seeing old threads from yesteryear

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

i liket to use bookmarks but i also like to look at cspam for new or bumped threads, and also in particular to sort by new

I usually use bookmarks for forums I don't really check out much. Like gws or games.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!

really queer Christmas posted:

I usually use bookmarks for forums I don't really check out much. Like gws or games.

this is also how i use them

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

bookmarks are for cowards

if i wanted to remember what threads i've been posting in i would just check the leper's colony

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

copy posted:

ive appreciated the thread archaeology this morning for what its worth. p fun reading/seeing old threads from yesteryear

I appreciate the feedback; I’ll let folks keep doing it then.:hai:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
so magnanimous to let people post on an internet forum

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

[threateningly] im going to shape the culture of the forums

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
i dont think i was wrong, i just probed the wrong people for something i decided they were doing but werent.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
we probed some folks

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
they're definitely trying to figure out how to get through ait's regen to take him out if they think he becomes too powerful.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Majorian posted:

Some are having trouble picking out old threads from new ones.

modding decisions aside, this is really funny to me for some reason. I think because it conjures the image of an old-timey hapless dullard who keeps stepping on rakes, but a cspam poster and necroed threads.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its very easy to pick out old threads from new ones, simply by sorting cspam by new. this can be accomplished by clicking the "Title (Pages)" button.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

also if being unable to distinguish old and new threads is a source of distress... not good. reconsider your relationship with the forums.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

encouraging users who find bumping old threads annoying and don't want to read old threads to start using the bookmark feature should give you a medal not a probation, unless you view the bookmark feature as something that promotes mega thread culture and aids the social atomization of the forum body politic :shrug:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lobster shirt posted:

the people who reported bumped threads should be harshly punished

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also gas the trump thread

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
its so easy to just admit when you made a mistake and do your best to learn from it. for example, i was too hard on tvol when i first got made ik, and as a consequence have been more circumspect about probes for personal feelings. but majorian is terrified of giving ground to the sinister thread bumpers even when hes clearly hosed up. i cant wait to see if that happens to me when i become mod of qcs

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!

Al! posted:

also gas the trump thread

yknow, i hadnt looked in there in a long time, so last night and this morning i decided to take a peek. its honestly no worse than the glenn thread, at least from what i could see in that time frame.

gas both

copy
Jul 26, 2007

take away their chat threads.

make it sting.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
tbh while i find the trump thread unfunny and annoying there are much bigger fish to fry in cspam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

reporting stuff to the mods is some snitch rear end poo poo, the bumping was funny, posting about posting has its limits, these are all concepts its possible to hold in one mind

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also demod the milquetoast cuck margorian

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
trump thread seems like they're nice to each other? cant actually tell for sure

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!

Cuttlefush posted:

trump thread seems like they're nice to each other? cant actually tell for sure

thats part of what i dont like, obviously

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
goes without saying

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

goes without saying

well it did

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
:gas:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
its a shame az has made up his mind that ait is the devil or whatever he thinks, and that feeling has lead him to back a vindictive limpdick as a mod. dont know why ckf gets swept up in that, i assume in majorian's mind its just "those people"

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
otoh chain ckf until he changes his avi back to knuckles

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
bet that had the whole crew yukkin it up huh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gotta say from all the bumping cspam got pretty dire 2020-2021

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

also demod the milquetoast cuck margorian

Got some good news for you…

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Majorian posted:

Got some good news for you…

i got balloogan's left hand after he was executed in a mexican prison and its twitching

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!

i know you're going to take this as gloating - and sincerely, thats not how its intended - i wish you the best with future posting as a regular user.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
welcome back to the good guys

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

croup coughfield posted:

i know you're going to take this as gloating - and sincerely, thats not how its intended - i wish you the best with future posting as a regular user.

if you ever get a star you're next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you cant quit, youre fired!