Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1324393653733871618

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

is not constitutionally eligible and anyway is too busy trying to become King Elon I of Mars.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Maximo Roboto posted:

Hawley looks likes a smarmy preppy pretty boy and Cotton looks like a scowling dweeby goober, and both lack charisma
Correct. Both are dead in the water. They're Santorums. Leftist fearmongering over some Hawley/Cotton thing is loving lmao

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Xaris posted:

Correct. Both are dead in the water. They're Santorums. Leftist fearmongering over some Hawley/Cotton thing is loving lmao

Hawley is slight possibility because he is actually able to act like a human sometimes. Tom “eats a supermarket birthday cake every day” Cotton is a pod person.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Kissinger. It's hot like he's gonna die anyway, and he has the absolutely evil cred.

But also absolutely either some YouTube grifter and/or police fascist.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pajser posted:

that's looks like some sort of slow moving tragedy

From Wikipedia:

quote:

Cawthorn is the owner of SPQR Holdings, LLC, a real estate investment firm in Hendersonville. The firm was created in August 2019 and reported no income; he is its sole employee.[6] The acronym "has been embraced by skinhead gangs in Italy and by some white nationalists in the United States."[13] It is common on flags used by white supremacists, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.[13][14]
In 2017, Cawthorn posted an Instagram picture of his visit to Adolf Hitler's vacation residence Eagle's Nest, which he said had been on his "bucket list for awhile".[21][22][23] In the post, he called Hitler Führer, a German term of reverence meaning "leader"

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The in-fighting has already begun

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1324454049014521857

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
dont worry dad

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Ron DeSantis being the anointed candidate is funny mostly in the sense of imagining the Trumps transforming into a political operator family like the Clintons. Ron as a Kamala

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
love me daddy

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Biden

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

The dusty, moth ridden and only partially mummified corpse of Strom Thurmond and Mum-Ra as his VP

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

The truth is that if Biden squeaks out a win this month, it’s going to be an midterm supermajority by the GOP in 2022, possibly a constitutional convention, and then finally putting the Democrats out of their misery in 2024. It won’t really matter who specifically heads up the GOP ticket, the fervor will be there to utterly crush it.

Source: the 1000+ seats lost by the Dems under Obama/Biden, and the utterly dismal results in the House and Senate this year in what should have been a massive blue wave, combined with Biden’s intention to do nothing but brutal austerity and commit political suicide

There aren't even enough Dem Senate seats up for re-election for the Republicans to get to 67 in 2022 stupid rear end. Could you please do ten seconds of research before diarrheaing out your next doom post

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

sum posted:

There aren't even enough Dem Senate seats up for re-election for the Republicans to get to 67 in 2022 stupid rear end. Could you please do ten seconds of research before diarrheaing out your next doom post
I think he’s talking about the House of Representatives and the dozens of state level races that the dems will loose if it’s anything like what happened under Obama. I do think it’s valid to worry about what’s gonna happen when states with republican majority legislators make it illegal to vote with out three forms of ID.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sum posted:

badass. so in 2024 when trunp 2,0 curbstomps your loving delusional horseshit you can mail me a check as an apology

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Republican nominee in 2024 will be Donald John President

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Voldemort

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sum posted:

Constitutional convention is done by state legislatures and Gop needs only like two more. The democrats failed to make a dent down ballot even with historic turnout, 2022 is absolutely in play

Yudo
May 15, 2003

joe rogan/tucker

Yudo has issued a correction as of 05:34 on Nov 9, 2020

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

It can be hard to remember since it was ages ago, but the reason Trump won is because the Republican national bench is just a bunch of loving freaks no one likes.

Ted Cruz. Jeb Bush. Hawley, Cotton, whoever. All these guys are the same kind of stupid boring rear end in a top hat that everyone hates. Trump had his own charisma and fame after decades of being on TV, something that no one in the GOP has.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
it will not be trump. he will be running a third party vanity campaign on the idea that the GOP slighted him in some way

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

guy gardener

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Xaris posted:

i dont think so, hawley is a worthless nobody stuffy assed mormonite like romney but even stiffer and unlikeble. he doesnt have strong enough own da libs shitposting energy. not even close

likewise cotton is also dead in the water.

libs scared about being outflanked from the right by the likes of hawley are extremely misguided and dumb. also if you dont want to be outflanked by the rights, maybe run on improving material conditions????

tucker... idk, he has shitposting own da libs energy but also i dont think he's even going to run at all. it's entirely possible that with the fox media machine behind him he would cinch the candidacy though if he does run.

i would say trump 2024 if he manages to somehow not be dead (best genes folks) will def get the nominee again. donny jr will prob throw his hat in the ring if daddy is dead to carry on his legacy but he gives off extreme sad bigloser energy and also GOP has no strings to the trump family itself, they're glad to drop that whole loving family like a bag of rocks in the ocean. he was a convenient idiot but not needed and no reason to dredge it up. even trumpos base doesnt give a poo poo about donny jr

rick scott or ron desantorum will run in 2024. possibly rand paul

Wrongo it will be hawley

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i dunno probably some cop on a platform to lock all our asses up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJH-zUYOoc

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
oh wait that's kamala

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Don Jr and Eric

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Fluoride Jones posted:

Don Jr and Eric

no they're both pathetic and lack even an iota of the classic trump chaotic charisma

ivanka is the only viable trump, and only because of her gender

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Yeah but the Republican strategy, intentional or not, is always to go with a shittier version of the last Republican president. Hence why they ran two northeastern fancy lads with none of Bush's cowboy signifiers after he left. It was Jeb! all the way until the day of the escalator.

Fluoride Jones has issued a correction as of 07:33 on Nov 9, 2020

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Calling a constitutional convention in this climate is a direct analogue to Louis XVI calling the estates general and would go over just as well

Like the GOP wouldn't get anything out of it because the current political system would completely cease to be and would probably take every establishment figure and institution down with it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

hi liter posted:

It can be hard to remember since it was ages ago, but the reason Trump won is because the Republican national bench is just a bunch of loving freaks no one likes.

Ted Cruz. Jeb Bush. Hawley, Cotton, whoever. All these guys are the same kind of stupid boring rear end in a top hat that everyone hates. Trump had his own charisma and fame after decades of being on TV, something that no one in the GOP has.
Correct. These College Republican bow-tie wearing motherfuckers who look like some uptight Mormon Smart Kid are people nobody likes, no one in the GOP base at all. Thats why I say Cotton et al are a no go. It's not impossible, but they're even more unlikeable than Killary clinton. like at least carlson is somewhat charismatic and not too dumb but i dont think hes going to run

Judakel posted:

Wrongo it will be hawley
nah see above

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!
roboCrenshaw

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The man responsible for the tragic death of Hillary Clinton.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bill can't run again

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Xaris posted:

Correct. These College Republican bow-tie wearing motherfuckers who look like some uptight Mormon Smart Kid are people nobody likes, no one in the GOP base at all. Thats why I say Cotton et al are a no go. It's not impossible, but they're even more unlikeable than Killary clinton. like at least carlson is somewhat charismatic and not too dumb but i dont think hes going to run

nah see above

the conditions will be bad enough that it wont matter

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
trump, tucker, and i dunno i guess cruz in that order

trump really sucked the oxygen out of the room for the past four years so no one's had a chance to grab the national spotlight

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

alarumklok posted:

candace owens. dems are defenseless, their brains shatter into a thousand pieces. it will be called the electoral blitzkrieg, followed by an actual blitzkrieg of canada for their natural resources
This was my suggestion in another thread. What better way to own the libs than the Republicans electing a young conservative black woman? An entire campaign built around calling the Democrats the real racists/misogynists.

Feldegast42 posted:

Calling a constitutional convention in this climate is a direct analogue to Louis XVI calling the estates general and would go over just as well

Like the GOP wouldn't get anything out of it because the current political system would completely cease to be and would probably take every establishment figure and institution down with it
Do they realize that? Will they be punished for not doing it if possible?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The idea of Trump pulling a Grover Cleveland after things get worse under Biden is pretty hilarious.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

super sweet best pal posted:

The idea of Trump pulling a Grover Cleveland after things get worse under Biden is pretty hilarious.

If he was 10 years younger he’d almost surely go for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tommy Tuberville to stay in the rich Tommy Tuberville history of quitting before his term is up, leaving the Senate to become President