Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
if it was mitt vs. joe in 2024 my brain would break harder than i could have ever imagined from the decorum revival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

if tucker runs he wins

It’s so alarming how liberals and even some leftists are dismissing tucker as a joke candidate; a similar situation happened just 4 years ago right

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The return of republican intellectual powerhouse Paul Ryan...

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

That governor from South Dakota

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Assuming she dosen't die from covid first

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
it's going to be Mike Lindell

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

could happen. cruz is driven by one thing: an unquenchable hunger for world domination and he'd be crazy not to run in 2024. he was the runner-up in 2020 and he's popular with the GOP / evangelical christian base.

gonna call it now. see everyone in four years.

he got owned by trump though. too much cuck energy

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
joe arpio

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Kitfox88 posted:

joe arpio

im amazed everytime i remeber he's still alive

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

spacemang_spliff posted:

it's going to be Mike Lindell

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Pete Buttigieg

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Against my better judgement, I'm going to do a Silveresque breakdown of "lanes" for the various candidates in 2024:

the Donald Trump lane
It's just Donald Trump. He doesn't represent any tendency other than his own. I believe if he alive and even partially physically and mentally functional he will run again for the GOP nomination, or at least tease it for four years.

the Bonnie Prince Donnie lane
This is the lane for those who try to imitate Trump in style, manner, speech, and even appearance. These campaigns will be as policy-ambiguous as possible, ala Tulsi Gabbard. It includes first and foremost his own son, Don Jr. but perhaps also some other business people or celebrities will jump in and try their hand at being Trump. All will fail, because no one will ever be as Trump as Trump, and that will be immediately obvious.

the Heritage Hardcore
These are the supply-side old guard, raging against the dying of that light. They may try some pathetic nods to the post-Trump era, but they are first and foremost Free Market Nerds. Examples include Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Lee

Fascism with a Human Face
This group is even more deluded than the last in that they still believe the future of the Republican party is diverse, future-oriented, modern, optimistic, and positive. Nikki Haley even told a group of college students to "stop owning the libs". Good luck w/ that lol. also includes Tim Scott and Marco Rubio.

the Herrenvolk
Exemplified by Josh Hawley, and self-described "Teddy Roosevelt Republican" Ron DeSantis they see the wasteland made by capitalism and think there's a conservative solution to it, because the Democrats certainly don't have one. They might turn some heads for the policy geeks, but this is still pretty weak sauce.

the Khornate Klub
the Blood God cares not if the blood being spilled is Venezuelan or Iranian, just as long as America is doing the spilling. Our neo-neo-con lineup includes such stalwarts as Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio, but also newcomers like Tom Cotton and Mike Pompeo

Chaos Undivided: Mike Pence
Pence's chances are underrated, I think. He is indeed boring as toast, but he fits several of these categories as well as being an Evangelical darling and the former vice president, which carries establishment support. In the years of searching for the next Reagan, the Republicans nominated plenty of dullards who went on to lose, and it could be the same in the post-Trump era. With an inevitably crowded field, he could squeak out a plurality.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i actually think pence has a shot. he might not have the charisma but he has drive-by trumpo clout with the trump base with little of the baggage that brings. might just be enough to edge it out.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

dex_sda posted:

i actually think pence has a shot. he might not have the charisma but he has drive-by trumpo clout with the trump base with little of the baggage that brings. might just be enough to edge it out.

He's complete teflon in debates too.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Donald Trump / Ivanka Trump ticket 2024

TRUMP
Trump

Campaign signs, double Trump to own libs

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

dibsld trunp

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
pence runs, wins the primaries, makes trump his vp and resigns after being sworn in

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Raskolnikov38 posted:

pence runs, wins the primaries, makes trump his vp and resigns after being sworn in

I don't think pence would resign until after signing either a law or executive order "encouraging" American jews to migrate to Israel

Gotta get everything ready for the big guy

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Lawman 0 posted:

He's complete teflon in debates too.

For real I was shocked how much he cleaned up California’s top cop in that debate. Don’t underestimate this literal theocrat motherfucker

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

yellowcar posted:

it's gonna be Rick from Pawn Stars

this is it

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

It's Pence/Carlson or Pence/Haley imo. Obviously if Trump runs he sweeps.

Pence can mask the Trumpism while still being associated with Trump a la Biden with Obama, he's a smooth operator in debates, and the business and evangelical establishment love him. No Senate Republican could reasonably stand against him, and I don't think Tucker could rip the Trump rural, latino bloc away from Pence.

KaptainKrunk has issued a correction as of 05:50 on Nov 12, 2020

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Someone floated Jerry jr. in Trump thread and I think he'd probably run away with it

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Kimberly Guilfoyle. Her performance at the RNC was :discourse:

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

KaptainKrunk posted:

I don't think Tucker could rip the Trump rural, latino bloc away from Pence.

lmfao

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Aglet56 posted:

if it was mitt vs. joe in 2024 my brain would break harder than i could have ever imagined from the decorum revival

Now imagine if it was Mitt vs. Kerry

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

the Heritage Hardcore
These are the supply-side old guard, raging against the dying of that light. They may try some pathetic nods to the post-Trump era, but they are first and foremost Free Market Nerds. Examples include Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Lee

Absolutely crazy to me that the Tea Party is considered old guard now, though I get the point that voodoo economics has been part of the GOP DNA all the way back to its start.

It's interesting there isn't a lane for pure ethnonationalism/borders hawking, but I get that aspects of that is present in most of these lanes. It's just funny how the Trump and Donnie lanes are more distinguished by proximity to Trump's personality, rather than by being nativists.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
If Trump runs it’ll be interesting to see who starts to split from him and when. Look for Nikki Haley to hint around 2022 that the party needs to evolve beyond its current state (Trump).

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Larry Hogan, current Gov for Maryland. He’s been trying to posture himself as a moderate Republican. He even announced he wrote in Reagen for the election.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hy_C posted:

Larry Hogan, current Gov for Maryland. He’s been trying to posture himself as a moderate Republican. He even announced he wrote in Reagen for the election.

That might actually hurt him. I don't think Reagan himself could beat trump at this point

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Hy_C posted:

Jon Huntsman couldn't make it past New Hampshire in 2012.

John Kasich came in 4th in a 3 man race.

Bill Weld....lol

Larry Hogan is in that lane and we've all seen where it ends up

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
its trump, op

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Bernie Sanders

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
A candidate who heavily copies from the Amy Coney Barret template. A relatively young, attractive (but in a non-threatening way) mother who is extremely Christian is electoral gold.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Subvisual Haze posted:

A candidate who heavily copies from the Amy Coney Barret template. A relatively young, attractive (but in a non-threatening way) mother who is extremely Christian is electoral gold.

So Kristi Noem the governor of South Dakota?

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Subvisual Haze posted:

The secret to GOP success is not open racism and Christian theocracy, but white milfs

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

Bill Weld....lol

Joe Walsh... lmao

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
Why does this thread exist when Trump is getting a second term?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Meghan Markle should be Trump's running mate

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

A4R8 posted:

Why does this thread exist when Trump is getting a second term?

because there would still be a primary in 2024, unless you think trump is based enough to grab a third term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The Rock should never have changed his party affiliation to Democrat, he should jump into the GOP primary and sweep it.