Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
gently caress i missed the pre-order window. is there anyway to get that pre order music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Impermanent posted:

gently caress i missed the pre-order window. is there anyway to get that pre order music

Not really now, but I see a few comments in Steam discussions that those songs are going to be DLC eventually, they aren't pre-order exclusives. Although I'm not sure how reliable that source is...

What do people think of console versus PC for this? How does it control, would it be better with a mouse?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's lame you can't have two vocals ay the same time

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Empress Brosephine posted:

It's lame you can't have two vocals ay the same time

yes you can. you have 4 at a time. you'll unlock that ability after a few campaign levels

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Not really now, but I see a few comments in Steam discussions that those songs are going to be DLC eventually, they aren't pre-order exclusives. Although I'm not sure how reliable that source is...

What do people think of console versus PC for this? How does it control, would it be better with a mouse?

seems to be fine on both, from talking to people I know at harmonix it's split as for preference, but you can use a controller on PC anyway soooo

I got it on PC for the super fast load times and that I don't have to worry about my purchases 5 years down the line like I would on Switch.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaboobi posted:

yes you can. you have 4 at a time. you'll unlock that ability after a few campaign levels

That's cool. It's lame the freestyle mode is so hampered by the campaign unlocks then

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

StarkRavingMad posted:

I haven’t had too many problems with controls for the Switch so far, it’s a cursor that you can adjust the sensitivity of and the buttons are a big help. I tried a little bit of handheld mode last night before bed and it looked fine on the small screen and with headphones on it sounds really nice.

Also I think this is the first game that has options for vitiligo in the skin-tone selector, that’s pretty cool. I’m a little disappointed with the clothing options but there’s a lot of color options for the designs that are there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I know some people want all the options unlocked right away but I guess I am on the other side of the spectrum, it looks like I'm approaching the end of the campaign and I'm worried about reaching the end of the runway, I like the challenges thrown at you and I don't know if I'd be up for messing around too much completely freeform. I guess it's all about online/multiplayer? I will probably go back and try to 5-star all the levels I haven't yet at least

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know, I spent about two hours in freestyle thinking everything was unlocked except for the songs and had a blast.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah "campaign" is just a bigass tutorial really

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I feel like Track Queueing should have been unlocked a lot earlier than it was, but overall progression has felt alright.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Man there's like, an issue where hovering over a track doesn't open the beat preview and you can't use it until you unhover and rehover and it kinda fucks everything up pretty hard.

e: Seems to mostly happen when fan requests open up so you can't drop what they want which sucks even more.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does the downbeat seem off to you guys also? It doesn't seem to be in the actual beat but always half way into the next measure

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Does the downbeat seem off to you guys also? It doesn't seem to be in the actual beat but always half way into the next measure

Did you do the delay adjustment thing when you booted up the first time? If not you might just have some delay

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I think I just need to tweak it still.

This game has so many of my favorite songs in the world + meme songs its great. Unfortuantely, one of my most favorite songs of all time, Stir Fry, seems to go with nothing in this game which is a bummer.

For great lols, mix all the tracks from Jolene except vocals with the vocals for in da club at 120 bpm. Great times.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Can you customize the colors for the different discs? So, if I want vocals to be red for example. I can't seem to find it anywhere but I have to assume you can.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there seems to be a large lack of accesability options in the game unfortunately so i would like to know also. theres no way to turn off the flashing lights either which sucks

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Okay kinda glad I went with it heckoemal version. I went through the DLC songs and there’s only two I wanted.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
How's performance on Switch?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

negativeneil posted:

How's performance on Switch?
Second.
Looking for a more portable version of DropMix where I don't have to stress about losing cards :ohdear:

Also is the physical Australian release of this delayed or something? It's 10-20 cheaper over getting a digital copy but no-one has it or even knows what it is.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 11, 2020

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So far so good on switch. No complaints yet.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
In case anyone pre-ordered the VIP, I had to manually go into the store on Xbox and download each and every extra track. Not sure why they couldn't have found a better solution to that, but at least they're showing up now.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
The switch version, docked, is pretty bad. Sub 30fps. The Actual GAMEPLAY portion is a different story and seems fine but all of background stuff is pretty poor, performance wise. Menus also feel laggy but I don't know if that's just how the gamepad cursor is. Videos are choppy and have a heavy ghosting effect to them for some reason.

Portable it feels fine though.

edit: fine = 30fps at best. If you don't desire the portability of the Switch version and have another platform to play it on, you'd be better off getting it on another platform. The game has cross-play it's just one big online community if you enable that.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 11, 2020

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's no way to play multiplayer with other people for free (ala Jackbox), right? Everyone needs to own their own copy? Dropmix was an incredible toy to carry around to parties and let everyone just go at it, and Fuser not being able to give an equivalent experience during Covid times feels like a missed opportunity. Releasing right as Twitch is going through a DMCA crisis is also bad luck for them. It makes me worried about how this'll do.

It's making me reluctant to go in on this even though I was a Dropmix nut. It doesn't help that I'm a massive fan of other Dropmix-only things, like the 5th slot and the unique card art.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This game has so many of my favorite songs in the world + meme songs its great. Unfortuantely, one of my most favorite songs of all time, Stir Fry, seems to go with nothing in this game which is a bummer.

I use this song all the time, it slaps.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Fly Ricky posted:

In case anyone pre-ordered the VIP, I had to manually go into the store on Xbox and download each and every extra track. Not sure why they couldn't have found a better solution to that, but at least they're showing up now.

The better solution is to go into manage game and it’ll show all your add-ons there and you can install them all with one click.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Lastdancer posted:

The switch version, docked, is pretty bad. Sub 30fps. The Actual GAMEPLAY portion is a different story and seems fine but all of background stuff is pretty poor, performance wise. Menus also feel laggy but I don't know if that's just how the gamepad cursor is. Videos are choppy and have a heavy ghosting effect to them for some reason.

Portable it feels fine though.

edit: fine = 30fps at best. If you don't desire the portability of the Switch version and have another platform to play it on, you'd be better off getting it on another platform. The game has cross-play it's just one big online community if you enable that.

yeah the CG videos look real bad on the Switch, and the menus are a bit slow, but the game itself has only hitched a few times during actual gameplay. The portability for gameplay is real nice though, it plays just as good as on the TV.

My issues with the interface:

1: There doesn't appear to be a way to go back when you're reviewing your mix before submission. I've had to quit out every single time because there's not a "oh poo poo I need to fix something button", which is frustrating as hell when you've just got like one little thing to fix and you have to choose between submitting something with a flaw or going back and making the whole loving thing again.
2: When in the recording, the "skip backwards" button completely throws away all of your cued songs, which makes it basically impossible to put them all back if you're doing something even semi-intricate.
3: I know this probably goes against the desired casual flow of the game but I would trade all of my future children for a "go measure by measure to place poo poo perfectly" mode for contest submissions. I know I'm making my life harder by having like 8 switches in a 32 bar mix but god dammit I want it to sound good.

I think the first two are fairly fixable, especially that first one which seems like something someone should have caught in QC. The third one is probably not something that will happen, at least for a while (although if it does Fuser would basically be a music tool on par with some of the smaller tools available for hobbyists, given the number of instrument loops and effects in addition to the available songs).

edit: also it's deeply fuckin' stupid that there's no "Share to Twitter/Insta/FB/The Larger Interwebs" button and that the Switch's capture button doesn't work.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 11, 2020

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Kaboobi posted:

The better solution is to go into manage game and it’ll show all your add-ons there and you can install them all with one click.

I did that and literally nothing showed up.

edit: I was perplexed as to why I didn't have anything available, and only figured out via reddit to go into the store and download them individually. Apparently it's not happening to everyone.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 11, 2020

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

edit: also it's deeply fuckin' stupid that there's no "Share to Twitter/Insta/FB/The Larger Interwebs" button and that the Switch's capture button doesn't work.
Oh heck really? That was the super neat thing from Dropmix. Is it like that for all platforms?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Croccers posted:

Oh heck really? That was the super neat thing from Dropmix. Is it like that for all platforms?

no the PS4 seems to be sharing just fine

also I started making a list of songs I really really want in this game and it's just all of them. all of the songs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The sharing pipeline for mixes is pretty smooth, but as pointed out, the actual interface is way too finicky, having to play things out in real time instead of just maintaining a static timeline to edit is real weird

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1326372476935303168

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I meant to play the tutorial bit and head to sleep and I accidentally did an hour-long freestyle oops. Damnit Harmonix, what is this, college again?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has their ebeen any word on future dlc?

This game has a gross lack of songs before the 80s. Why is there no disco in it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

supposedly weekly, starting next week I assume

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What? There's (some) disco in the initially unlocked songs. Some.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like what I don't see any

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Hot Stuff" is disco isn't it? It's classified as a Dance track

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait wtf I don't have hot stuff

I have a weird glitch where songs dissappear and reappear not sure what it is. Like that Megan Trainor song constantly goes in and out of existence. I think I just need to reinstall the game

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Did you buy the $100 version? You may need to spend $100 for disco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I did not spend $100 and it wasn't one of the pre-order tracks either, it should be a core thing ?

There are songs that unlock from campaign progress/leveling but afaik those are only the Harmonix Originals