Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought the 100 one I think it's just a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

doesnt appear to be any way to re-download the preorder tracks on ps5 since they havent been separately added to the store?

wait it wasnt available when i was editing a crate but i went to the synth pop mix and mr brightside was auto filled..

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 13, 2020

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i know harmonix being incompetant is sort of a thing, but how do you advertise pre-order DLC and then not have it be available once the game is released :lol:

still waiting for mr brightside

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
I'm trying really hard to enjoy this but it just seems broken or I'm complete poo poo and failing the first stages of the campaign.

Drop two blue discs. Done! Oh nothing registers.
Eject stuff at random losing points, drop two more blue discs, fine!

Play two discs from the 80s, done! Oh, it's not registering and I've failed the stage because the crowd score hasn't increased.

Am I missing something obvious?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you have to ignore how it sounds and just constantly drop things on the downbeat and then when you unlock it you have to drop them on the perfect beat or whatever the gently caress its called. the game portion of this is bad

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah the campaign was an alright tutorial but the mechanics they reward/punish you for are sometimes directly against what I think a fun dj set would be, even in the limitations of the game.

That said, once you know the things and go to freestyle you ain't gotta worry about the crowd and can just vibe and drop things whenever so you can do cool things without being punished.

I need to jump in to multiplayer this weekend, hopefully it's cool vibes of people just liking music and finding fun ways to slap things together.

e: Gating the default song list behind leveling also kinda sucks. I assume MP stuff gives decent xp? I have 9 hours in the game, am level 7 I think, so I've been able to buy like 6 songs because I mostly 3-star campaign things and have reached the point where the fan request bug is preventing me from finishing the last levels.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

i know harmonix being incompetant is sort of a thing, but how do you advertise pre-order DLC and then not have it be available once the game is released :lol:

still waiting for mr brightside
i think this is sony’s fault. worked fine on ps4 but the stupid new ps5 store does not give you anywhere to download dlc entitlements that aren’t separately listed for sale

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The fact that I'm five or so levels in and they haven't introduced the pickup drops formally is killing me. Having played in freestyle I found them and they make your mixes sound actually good as opposed to how the game teaches you to make them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

mr_jolly posted:

I'm trying really hard to enjoy this but it just seems broken or I'm complete poo poo and failing the first stages of the campaign.

Drop two blue discs. Done! Oh nothing registers.
Eject stuff at random losing points, drop two more blue discs, fine!

Play two discs from the 80s, done! Oh, it's not registering and I've failed the stage because the crowd score hasn't increased.

Am I missing something obvious?

FWIW, I'm not like 5 starring everything at this point, but I seem to be doing things like dropping the discs they ask for or ejecting discs on the down beat with no issues most of the time. Is it possible you aren't calibrated right?

I'm still pretty early in the game. Interface wise dropping multiple of the same instrument track on the down beat seems to be the most challenging to do well since the UI for that isn't fantastic.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, I'm not like 5 starring everything at this point, but I seem to be doing things like dropping the discs they ask for or ejecting discs on the down beat with no issues most of the time. Is it possible you aren't calibrated right?

I'm still pretty early in the game. Interface wise dropping multiple of the same instrument track on the down beat seems to be the most challenging to do well since the UI for that isn't fantastic.

I'll give calibration another go tomorrow and see if that helps, i don't want to give up on it as when it works it's really good but i just seem to have trouble when it wants multiple things and doesn't seem to register that I've done them so i end up ejecting stuff or putting stuff on at random until it registers but by then I'm about to fail.

It's more likely that it's not the game but my reflexes not being what they used to be but unless I'm missing something it's not giving feedback like I've missed a downbeat or anything so i don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Pleads posted:

Yeah the campaign was an alright tutorial but the mechanics they reward/punish you for are sometimes directly against what I think a fun dj set would be, even in the limitations of the game.

That said, once you know the things and go to freestyle you ain't gotta worry about the crowd and can just vibe and drop things whenever so you can do cool things without being punished.

I need to jump in to multiplayer this weekend, hopefully it's cool vibes of people just liking music and finding fun ways to slap things together.

e: Gating the default song list behind leveling also kinda sucks. I assume MP stuff gives decent xp? I have 9 hours in the game, am level 7 I think, so I've been able to buy like 6 songs because I mostly 3-star campaign things and have reached the point where the fan request bug is preventing me from finishing the last levels.

What's the bug?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

mr_jolly posted:

I'll give calibration another go tomorrow and see if that helps, i don't want to give up on it as when it works it's really good but i just seem to have trouble when it wants multiple things and doesn't seem to register that I've done them so i end up ejecting stuff or putting stuff on at random until it registers but by then I'm about to fail.

It's more likely that it's not the game but my reflexes not being what they used to be but unless I'm missing something it's not giving feedback like I've missed a downbeat or anything so i don't know what I'm doing wrong!

You could try recording a clip if you are still having problems and maybe someone here will catch a problem from watching it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Chaotic Flame posted:

What's the bug?

When there's a fan request active, you'll just be randomly locked out of selecting discs sometimes

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't thijnk Mr brightside is showing up for anyone. I'm on xbox

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it worked fine on ps4, and it got auto-added to my crate earlier, but i cant select it or any of the other preorder songs. very curious

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Harmonic is saying you have to re-download the game

How can this company get dlc so wro g still

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have Mr. Brightside on PC. I also bought it after the release date lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i found it! you have to go to the game tile and select ‘manage game content’ and it has the three preorder tracks listed and you can click to install them

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have Mr. Brightside on PC. I also bought it after the release date lol

Same, but at the time Steam offered a normal and pre-release version so I just bought the pre-release (which was available immediately).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I can guarantee that Mr. Brightside is available on the Switch because it and Lips Like Sugar were the two vocals tracks I used for the amazing submission I made for the Synth Pop contest

I would love to show everyone in this thread but, you know, *motions at Switch's lack of sharing*. I could take a picture of the instructions I wrote out so I could perform it correctly...

Empress Brosephine posted:

Harmonic is saying you have to re-download the game

How can this company get dlc so wro g still

yeah you'd think that after literally an entire decade of regular DLC releases (aside from the jump to Bone/PS4 where they stopped for a while) Harmonix would be able to make an in-game store that works. I wouldn't be surprised if there were Switch issues because Nintendo's e-shop experience is spotty but man how do you gently caress it up on PC/PS4?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does the Switch version not make a shareable video to post to Twitter or something

You could use the built-in post to Twitter/FB I suppose

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I uninstalled and reinstalled 9n Xbox, still nothing sigh.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

I can guarantee that Mr. Brightside is available on the Switch because it and Lips Like Sugar were the two vocals tracks I used for the amazing submission I made for the Synth Pop contest

I would love to show everyone in this thread but, you know, *motions at Switch's lack of sharing*. I could take a picture of the instructions I wrote out so I could perform it correctly...

yeah you'd think that after literally an entire decade of regular DLC releases (aside from the jump to Bone/PS4 where they stopped for a while) Harmonix would be able to make an in-game store that works. I wouldn't be surprised if there were Switch issues because Nintendo's e-shop experience is spotty but man how do you gently caress it up on PC/PS4?

Well, you could share your FUSERname which is like your switch name plus a number, discord style. it's there in your profile in the upper right. I'd love to hear your mixes!

Mine's Lastdancer#8896 but I only have one mix and I suspect it got flagged for sharing because well YOU CANT JUST PUT BOBBY BROWN AND WHITNEY HOUSTON IN THE GAME AND THEN NOT EXPECT ME TO MIX THEM TOGETHER LIKE A TWELEVE YEAR OLD c'mon Harmonix.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 14, 2020

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I’ve definitely had numerous instances of dropping an instrument or song requested and it just won’t register. Have had to quit out to menu.

Mr. Brightside was one of the VIP pre-orders? Well poo poo it’s still not sorted on Xbox. Really love the tools but the gamification of it rather blows with unlocks.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Mr. Brightside was just a pre-order incentive for either version.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i found it! you have to go to the game tile and select ‘manage game content’ and it has the three preorder tracks listed and you can click to install them

^Check what Vacancy said if you pre-ordered but don't have it available.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah they're still not showing up for me doing that too. Bummer.

I do still have that glitch where songs will randomly dissappear and show up.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is that even in freestyle? I think in the campaign it does that to force your hand in limited creativity. Or it's just a weird bug.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Official Fuser Twitch had a stream of Shaq doing a DJ set tonight. I hope it was stealth previewing what should be the first weekly DLC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6kQ0v1PQ8

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
It’s region-blocked for me. What were the new tunes?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think theres like six hours left on the first event plz feel free to search for EmceeShoeshine and like my
mix and if it lets me I’ll follow back and like yours?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh you can use the riser gimmick to do a longer mix i think

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think theres like six hours left on the first event plz feel free to search for EmceeShoeshine and like my
mix and if it lets me I’ll follow back and like yours?

Voted as ComradeSolar!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Voted you back although my vote counter(?) didn’t increase so who even knows

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

give me a eurodance pack harmonix please I'm begging you

even if it's just Weekend! or The Riddle or Vengabus

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been doing some co-op freestyle with a friend of mine and he keeps playing the vocals from Symphony of Destruction and I'm pretty well convinced that sounds terrible no matter what you do with it. Co-op freestyle is a lot of fun but I wish they'd let you customize private sets to have more time or at least stop making us ready up after each of us go.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That was one of the many tracks I looked at and thought a smarter man than me will have to figure out how to use it. I have no idea how any single part of that one will fit with the rest of the catalog.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

That was one of the many tracks I looked at and thought a smarter man than me will have to figure out how to use it. I have no idea how any single part of that one will fit with the rest of the catalog.

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1328071413085786112

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Voting on mixes is really fun. Did I miss being able to vote last week?

I can tell this is where the meat of the “game” aspect of this is gonna be. Does it just use my steam name as an in game username? If so feel free to follow me @ Hagrid Potter. Threw up a quick mix in the last 20 minutes of submissions but it sucks.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

My username is Nick#6833

I sort of wish I knew that it would just take my Switch username and make that my Fuser name because I would have selected something easier to search and also not just my first name

Stan Taylor posted:

Voting on mixes is really fun. Did I miss being able to vote last week?

I can tell this is where the meat of the “game” aspect of this is gonna be. Does it just use my steam name as an in game username? If so feel free to follow me @ Hagrid Potter. Threw up a quick mix in the last 20 minutes of submissions but it sucks.

I found you on there! It's also a good idea to search for HMX in the name field and find and follow the devs who are there (there are some people who are not devs who have HMX in their name too but it's easy to spot the devs because they're the ones with lots of followers and good mixes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My name is currently FuserFan#7054 , because I had my twitch url set as my Steam name when I first started the game. And it just gave me the most generic loving name. And idk if there's a way to fix that. But yeah this dumb game is fun.