Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I enjoy the campaign :shobon:

About to 5 star all of the levels, just a few in the last stage

You are mental :(

Anyone want to swap Fuser ID's? We could check out each others saved mixes (can't export on my PS4). Get some views and hearts. I got 3 followers playing coop but no views, very sad :cry:

KiwillianPS#7927 is me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I was all excited to use Adore You in the Old/New submission challenge but despite the fact that you can’t go anywhere without hearing it or Watermelon Sugar this year it’s not eligible because it’s not from the 2020s. Ah well gave me an excuse to play with Kings and Queens, I think my submission is fun.

Kiwillian posted:

Anyone want to swap Fuser ID's? We could check out each others saved mixes (can't export on my PS4). Get some views and hearts. I got 3 followers playing coop but no views, very sad :cry:

KiwillianPS#7927 is me.

Followed you!

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

Followed you!

What is you in-game name so I can return the favour?

edit: nick? i got a bunch of randos from playing co-op :)

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 21, 2020

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm following this thread closely. Not ready to buy yet but I'm listening to every single mix you post.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Holy poo poo! The Freestyle Co-Op in this game is actually pretty loving cool, even with random pubbies. Seriously.

Just view a match and if they seem cool, jump in when you can. Holy crap, this is so much fun :)

(I have voice chat off, so maybe that helps? They keep coming back for more though).

Edit: also, it just keeps going and going and going...

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 21, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kiwillian posted:

You are mental :(

KiwillianPS#7927 is me.

:) Just three more levels.

Followed you!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Kiwillian posted:

Holy poo poo! The Freestyle Co-Op in this game is actually pretty loving cool, even with random pubbies. Seriously.

This is a hot tip, thanks. I would have never even tried it.

As much as I hate the campaign, I personally kind of appreciate them slow dripping songs because it gives me time to actually listen to those I’d otherwise ignore. But it is 100% dumb as hell they don’t just give you the option to open everything from the start.

Also, Zedd & Griff – “Inside Out” is fire and matches nearly everything. I’d never heard it and only bought it because I want all the songs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Groove is in the Heart sample includes "Horton Hears a Who", GOTY

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:) Just three more levels.

Followed you!

What is your tag? I'll follow back :)

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Groove is in the Heart sample includes "Horton Hears a Who", GOTY

"Can I Kick It?" has Walk On The Wild SIde. I think people got DMCA'd from that haha :)

edit: Also, I just leveled from lvl 20 to 24 spazzing out in the the co-op for a few hours, it's great. (I have voice muted, so YMMV)

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 21, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ComradeSolar#1311

Oh man my game just crashed as I was saving my Past and Future Mix, I was really digging it too :(

Need to recreate it before I forget lol, I wish you could save rough cuts

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy poo poo the XP for voting on challenges is absolutely absurd compared to what you get for the loving campaign. Jesus christ.

gently caress.

e: Sorry, to prevent anyone else stressing over the campaign for the song unlocks: Just listening and voting on the weekly challenges gives like 400xp per song and is far preferable to trying to slam out lovely mixes in the campaign to hit the star reward requirements.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 21, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol I think my use of effects was causing the crashes, it was already glitching in terms of using effects when I would keep rewinding and redoing them, just decided to bang it out without most of them so i didn't miss the deadline

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1330090042958733314

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kiwillian posted:

Just view a match and if they seem cool, jump in when you can. Holy crap, this is so much fun :)

(I have voice chat off, so maybe that helps? They keep coming back for more though).

Yeah it's great just going back and forth with pubbies in co-op, I have a friend who picked this up and we sat in a session for an hour going back and forth the other day. I only wish they let you take more turns before it went back to the lobby. When it's just two people in the set it's over way too fast.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

explosivo posted:

Yeah it's great just going back and forth with pubbies in co-op, I have a friend who picked this up and we sat in a session for an hour going back and forth the other day. I only wish they let you take more turns before it went back to the lobby. When it's just two people in the set it's over way too fast.

The lobby bit is pretty short, especially if you have 4 people. At least it doesn't dump you to menu, plus the winning song just keeps going haha. Then you just go back in. Also, you get XP.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I came up with the brilliant idea of listening to the Fuser official Spotify playlist. Now I can hear some of these songs and it will be more obvious what goes with what. So far I’ve just been doing the campaign and autofilling my list because I don’t have a strategy or anything, just kinda wingin it. The biggest barrier has been being unfamiliar with the song library. I am looking forward to the day when I can actually pull off cool poo poo on purpose instead of accidentally. I don’t have anything to post yet unfortunately. I think you can follow me if you search for Solid Snakes Bandana, not sure what that accomplishes exactly but I’m following explosivo too

So far I can’t tell wtf you’re supposed to doing with the custom instruments, I’ve just been clicking totally randomly on those

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 21, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh if you have Giant Bomb Premium they have had a few streams recently messing around with Fuser that have been fun to watch and have had some good ideas -- gonna need to build the Regulate / In da Club / Mud on the Tires mix from last night's lol

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still wish there were a way to fix your in game name, because I got stuck with FuserFan#7054 because I had my twitch url set as my steam name at the time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh if you have Giant Bomb Premium they have had a few streams recently messing around with Fuser that have been fun to watch and have had some good ideas -- gonna need to build the Regulate / In da Club / Mud on the Tires mix from last night's lol

Made this on a whim because I couldn't stop thinking that there actually is a country song about buying a truck...

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1330290787221975041

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Now that's a fine mix

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Nothing special, no neat tricks or anything, I just set out with the goal of combining 4 unrelated songs until it sounded good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXMWHH08fk

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Nothing special, no neat tricks or anything, I just set out with the goal of combining 4 unrelated songs until it sounded good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXMWHH08fk

This is great!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I am feeling the vibe, went in-game to like it lol

Also the results for the Synth Pop competition, I'm not sure what it means that my submission has more likes than the "most upvoted mixes" but didn't get top 50% votes lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

:toot:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I ended up with 108 votes for last week's event which got me into the top 50%. And that was week 1 so after re-listening to my submission I think my newer stuff is much much better. Next week's event is "Grand Reveal - Make your own epic entrance theme to get the crowd pumped" with no actual track restrictions so I'm curious to see if people submit mixes that actually sound like entrance themes.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Those numbers aren't promising, I hope this game isn't DOA already. This game deserves more.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bear in mind that's without goon intervention, and just hoping people randomly see AND like your mix. I got 130 votes and that also put me in top 50%

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

got top 50 woo. most of the random mixes they give you to vote on are p rough imo

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
My title should be "Alien Rope Burn#9509", just dropped follows for folks in the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqkGKXe8ps4

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

How do you see your votes? All I see is likes and views on my submission.

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

How do I get a green bass track instead of a purple one?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Stage Beans posted:

How do I get a green bass track instead of a purple one?
Edit: Nevermind, I am a dumb.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 24, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The colors of the tracks match the buttons of the platform you're on. If you're on PlayStation it will have DualShock button colors. The PC version uses the Xbox button colors

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

comes up on purple here on switch.. I promise I can see green in other people’s videos lol

e:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The colors of the tracks match the buttons of the platform you're on. If you're on PlayStation it will have DualShock button colors. The PC version uses the Xbox button colors

figures, thanks pals

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It’s also worth mentioning that voting gets you the most exp out of anything in the game I think. I’m sure if you wanted to you could probably automate the process, were you so inclined

But yeah as I get better I find myself getting more elitist about what I vote for. If it’s just a basic rear end mix (like the one I posted) then I pass on it. Charlie’s recent post is a great example of a high quality mix

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

This week's DLC:

Maps / Maroon 5
Man of the Year / ScHoolboy Q
Whoomp! (There It Is) / Tag Team

Streetwear (Premium Look Pack) - Hat, shirt, pants, shoes

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Just bought the I have more money than sense version. I never buy special editions of anything. Does that include the backstage thing that entitles you to the additional DLC between now and December or do you have to buy that separately?

Looking forward to this game. It better not die. I miss that Harmonix magic.

Love what y’all are posting. Keep it up and when I understand how this works I’m pumped to share.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Separately, unfortunately. However I, like you, crave that Harmonix magic. I haven't played a proper one of these since Rock Band.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

if you don't care about the cosmetics, getting the songs piecemeal is cheaper than the full season pass thing

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Continuing to ruin music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbaUOrL1DIs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

That's godawful, good job.