Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ummm, what.... insanely awesome. I'm glad you pulled this out into a new thread, I'd have completed missed it otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Interesting, what are the piston sizes on them?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

mekilljoydammit posted:

These ones are 41/44mm; there's a 25.5/29mm version, and PNs for left and right leading or trailing for both piston configs. They're solely for 1.25" wide rotors and are about Wilwood Superlite size. Not so obvious neat feature is that they use PFC's fancy insulated piston noses - two piece piston with a polyimide insulator between them to slow heat transfer into the brake fluid.

Now that is interesting, do they also share the same mounting configuration as the Superlite?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That is beautiful.

I really like your collar idea for aligning the tube notcher.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Is ABS in the cards? If so integrating the ability to bolt a MR sensor to your front knuckle would get you into a MK60E5 real easy and cheap down the road. Rear sensors for them can be traditional rings, front requiring MR is the annoying part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ah, gotcha, that is a shame. :) I saw your bearings had the tone ring integrated so I was curious. MK60E5 uses MR to determine wheel turn direction.