Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Agreed the numbers are useless while pushing it but can be handy.

Does aem support a graphical predictive lap indicator? Something like iRacing where you're doing better off that corner makes a green bar and worse red?

Been years since I setup any digital dash stuff so I'm sure it's improved a lot since then.

Otherwise looks solid to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Just leave enough room for a k20 and I'm in.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

How accurate do you think it is or could be with enough fiddling?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Cool, keep us posted. Even if it's fairly rough it seems it would be really helpful for say engine/trans packaging in the chassis.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Makes sense. I guess the question is will you need enough panels that the extra work upfront pays off down the road.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Nice! Starting with basic frame stuff?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I wish I had enough garage for a frame table. Looking good so far.

Got some kind of datum baked in to measure from?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Yeah that makes sense, and very much intereted in how you'll do it. What I'm working on now is a best path to track car based on time, budget, and skill, but I'd love to make something that's a truly dedicated race car in the future.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Wtf is a diamond lapidary wheel? Quick google seems to point at gem cutting.

On the gas lens front I bought a cheeeeaaap pyrex kit off Amazon and holy poo poo that works really well. See through cups are amazing for tight corner cage work.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I'll have to try the wheel since having a grooved out dedicated wheel sucks.

https://www.amazon.com/RX-WELD-28pc...rex+tig&sr=8-10

The pyrex stuff I got was something like this. Was from Rx weld but I can't find the actual kit I ordered. It's way better than $25 has any right to be but not perfect.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

It's been a while, any updates?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Time for projects, money for projects, energy for projects. Pick 2.

Congrats on the job.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Isn't it way lighter per foot used vs regular steel? Local guy that runs a drag shop keeps trying to talk me into doing chromoly cages and I keep shooting him down for lack of experience and heat treat capabilities.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

mekilljoydammit posted:

Only if you go thinner wall; density is for all practical purposes identical. Some drag racing rule books (at one time? IDK) allowed thinner wall cages in 4130 vs mild steel so that might be where they're coming from.

Yep that's it. Digging through the NHRA rulebook it's almost 1/2 the wall thickness. NASA is 1:1. I assume NASA is cribbing the SCCA notes.

I've only done one NHRA roll bar and it was years ago so very rusty on their rules.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Very cool.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Clearance is clearance.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Weird, but cool. Should be fairly cheap too since civic parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Clearance is clearance.