Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

This seems like a good thread to resurrect and also ask for some help.

In a few weeks I'm going to get into teaching the text of the Constitution, which is going to mean talking about how elections work and the 1st Amendment right to protest, which is going to inevitably mean talking about January 6 and why Joe Biden did not in fact steal the election like a bunch of the kids have been loving parroting since the first day of school because of their idiot chud parents. Does anyone have any favorite articles or timelines of events discussing Nov. through Jan. of last year they could share with me that I can use as resources to prepare for that? Preferably with a minimum of technical poo poo/a layman bent since I'm going to be teaching middle schoolers?

So much of that whole nightmare is honestly still a blur for me, and because of a Covid flareup taking us back to Virtual after winter break for three weeks I never actually had to directly address the event much in its aftermath. By the time they came back the kids had all emotionally moved on from something they weren't really old enough to comprehend, and I was already way behind on standards anyway so I couldn't afford to take a bunch of time to discuss it. Frankly I was such an emotional wreck trying to teach through Covid unvaccinated for half the year and the School Board constantly trying to capitulate to anti-mask anti-science conspiracy gently caress parents that I didn't want to observe things too closely and just kind of basked in Biden's victory. Even on Jan 6 I found the whole thing funny at first, as my posting history on the day would show. But now I'm going to have to deal with it, especially since I have so many kids that consistently and vocally crack wise about Biden stealing it. One of my favorite and brightest students showed me how she'd blacked out Biden's name in her List Of Presidents when she got her planner. I can't afford not to address it this time, and even if I wanted to there's no way I wouldn't have to tackle them asking about it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

James Garfield posted:

I haven't looked at it, but Idaho has a series of videos about how elections work and since it's Idaho I assume they're meant to respond to Republican fraud claims. Maybe there's something useful in there (or your state has the same thing)?

fwiw Idaho didn't sign onto the Texas lawsuit last year

Very nice, thanks. The Voter Fraud Is A Myth thing from the OP is also a great resource. What I most need now is specific info about the failed post-Election lawsuits, Stop the Steal and Kraken stuff and the leadup to the Jan 6 Protests so I can show exactly how Joe Biden did NOT steal the election.