Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

queeb posted:

hey guys i havent played since shadowkeep season 1, is this going to be good

We certainly hope so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Pyronic posted:

Oof I have like 3 days to go pop all them eyeballs. Anyone gonna be on late tonight (say 11Eastern?)

Me and friend are finishing ours. Gonna be in both discords.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

actual question - one I unfortunately reckon I know the answer to, but nevertheless:

Last Wish is hugely memorable to me as games go. Are they changing or adding any ability to find folks to do raids with ingame, especially (where difficulty allows) on a pick-up basis?

(I basically haven't played since Black Armory, 'cos the treadmill wasn't fun enough anymore, so I gather I've got a lot to catch up on)

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I want to rag on the OP for not including links to the fanartists, but when I tried to find the original source of the class-umbrella-piece, it looks like the artist took it down? I'll include another piece they did, but please do not look at the rest of their twitter account at work, or if you don't want to see smut.

https://twitter.com/oji_harem/status/1305479932118577152/photo/1

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

stasis powers are a horrible idea for a fps

nobody like to lose control of his character, not matter how short is that time

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

behold, my old lore post, maybe I'll do one for the chilly fallen and pyramids. I'd also like to find my explanation of vault of glass from the very first d1 thread for when that ocmes back

One problem with that: Vex are not robots, they are electric soup.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Speaking of the Certain Dick did they do anything with Uldren respawning as a guardian yet

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Tei posted:

stasis powers are a horrible idea for a fps

nobody like to lose control of his character, not matter how short is that time

losing control of your character has already been raid, strike, and tether mechanics.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Voted 5 for the inclusion of Smooth Drifter in the OP. Definitely looking forward to grabbing BLight, but I gotta wait for payday so i'll be a couple days behind the rest of you :v:

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
New thread can’t wait to shoot aliens with you all.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

kurona_bright posted:

I want to rag on the OP for not including links to the fanartists, but when I tried to find the original source of the class-umbrella-piece, it looks like the artist took it down? I'll include another piece they did, but please do not look at the rest of their twitter account at work, or if you don't want to see smut.

https://twitter.com/oji_harem/status/1305479932118577152/photo/1

Yeah, the mix of NSFW and SFW art is why I didn't link their twitter.

If there is stuff uncredited and you want me to credit it in the OP, lemme know. I'm not trying to steal art or anything.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of the Certain Dick did they do anything with Uldren respawning as a guardian yet

To quote Luke Smith, "We are using all the pieces of the buffalo".

Yes, yes they are.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I'm quite excited to go on the cold planet and do what I did last year on the moon and fly around listening to an album on repeat and just hang out doing space wizard BS. I also really enjoy drawing these space nerds!

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1324460268680859650
https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1323763683391086594
https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1319721294804418561

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RocketRaygun posted:

If there is stuff uncredited and you want me to credit it in the OP, lemme know. I'm not trying to steal art or anything.

Please put MegaMilk shaxx in the op

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I wrote some lore for another game and they hired Byf to explain it and I bet he got paid way more to explain it than I did to write it :mad:

(the sad thing is that having Byf explain it is probably far more valuable to the game's marketing than having me write anything)

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

RocketRaygun posted:

The image you used for Hunter Knife Wizard, with the arc staff and power of traveler and anime, comes from this artist: https://twitter.com/elesirart

https://twitter.com/ElesirArt/status/1141712263621095425?s=20

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

General Battuta posted:

Read my more lore. My mlore

come play m'lore

General Battuta posted:

I wrote some lore for another game and they hired Byf to explain it and I bet he got paid way more to explain it than I did to write it :mad:

(the sad thing is that having Byf explain it is probably far more valuable to the game's marketing than having me write anything)

Honestly as long as someone is spoonfeeding him the info it's probably okay but big ol' :yikes: if they are letting him interpret too.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

General Battuta posted:

lmao. Godfall?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

General Battuta posted:

This is some bullshit and I hate it. Byf delenda est.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 6, 2020

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Well, if you join us on discord we can pay you in shitposting about your writing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
How many confirmed ways of Freezing a Dude have we gotten? Excluding the Supers because they'll presumably also kill you.

I'm assuming abilities will work the same way in Crucible as they do in PvE so it's going to be odd.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If there's anything people in pvp games love, it's losing control of their character. It's gonna be a hilarious shitshow for months until they figure out a way to balance it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

If there's anything people in pvp games love, it's losing control of their character. It's gonna be a hilarious shitshow for months until they figure out a way to balance it.

Yeah my initial thought before we got promotional material was that a PvE freeze would be a PvP Slow, but we know you can straight up ice a sucka. Getting frozen for even 1 single second is a Death so Freezing needs to be balanced the way any other one hit kill weapon or ability is.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Can’t help but notice the new OP is basically just a worse version of the console OP.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Can't help but notice that your posts are basically just a worse version of my morning poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Guys please we all have incredible shits there's no need to pull them out of the toilet to compare

Do you think that the Exo Baddies in DSC will just have vex fanatic AI or that they will be cool and new

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I dunno but the internet has already fixated on their asses and started drawing fan art so if there is new AI involved surely they will fight in the manner of wombats

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 6, 2020

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do you think that the Exo Baddies in DSC will just have vex fanatic AI or that they will be cool and new

I swear in one of the early early youtube previews you could see what looked like Exo's dodging behind cover.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Psycho Landlord posted:

surely they will fight in the manner of wombats

and we're back to comparing Shits, jeez

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

and we're back to comparing Shits, jeez

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/nov/04/wombats-deadly-bums-how-they-use-their-skull-crushing-rumps-to-fight-play-and-flirt

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah my initial thought before we got promotional material was that a PvE freeze would be a PvP Slow, but we know you can straight up ice a sucka. Getting frozen for even 1 single second is a Death so Freezing needs to be balanced the way any other one hit kill weapon or ability is.

So.. you get two freeze a bitch and they die every time you spawn?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I knew you were flirting with me.

That rear end don’t lie

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gonna miss Menagerie and Reckoning, if only for the memes

https://i.imgur.com/vD5SI7r.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/bscl0GS.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Xma02ME.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/G7qZVdt.mp4

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Kingnothing posted:

I knew you were flirting with me.

That rear end don’t lie

gently caress, found out

Also I too will miss reckoning but mainly because it was Devastator's one niche

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Psycho Landlord posted:

I too will miss Retribution but mainly because it was Devastator's one niche

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Yeah, we don't need a console vs pc flame war, and we don't need comparisons of people's to bowl movements. Both of you simmer down.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Let's talk about lore instead

There's been an ARG and it's a doozy with the lore coming out of it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I heard the new raid boss looks directly at the camera and calls you by your gamertag??

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

SgtSteel91 posted:

The raid secret forum on Reddit has been exploding the past week. Some crazy poo poo indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SgtSteel91 posted:

how do i learn about this?