Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Sorry for the reddit link, but this is really the best dumping ground of information: https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/jom9ry/beyond_light_arg_analyze_site_puzzle_lets_solve/

Basically, the Collectors Edition came with a book that had a puzzle in it. The puzzle was solved to lead to a website where codes were inputted, returning a gif that flashed from yellow to white in different intervals. The intervals were mapped and some ARG magic happened and they found that this mapped to a sequence of 1s and 0s, leading to text. The text was more lore, and HOLY poo poo it's good lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The Vex were always my favorite

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RocketRaygun posted:

Sorry for the reddit link, but this is really the best dumping ground of information: https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/jom9ry/beyond_light_arg_analyze_site_puzzle_lets_solve/

Basically, the Collectors Edition came with a book that had a puzzle in it. The puzzle was solved to lead to a website where codes were inputted, returning a gif that flashed from yellow to white in different intervals. The intervals were mapped and some ARG magic happened and they found that this mapped to a sequence of 1s and 0s, leading to text. The text was more lore, and HOLY poo poo it's good lore.

reddit is fine, dont get why goons get all upset by it's existence

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Reddit is actually quite bad. The system of DownDoots and UpBacons leads to terrible content and even worse layouts

They are a big source of processing power for getting through ARGs and puzzles and poo poo tho

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Literally haven't played this since the Warmind expansion but gently caress it I want back in. I miss hanging around in orbit and killing aliens for poo poo tier loot.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

You've got a lot to catch up on! Forsaken was very good and Skeep, while not as good, had some monumental systems improvements that have made the game far better and more interesting to seek out loot in.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Also Beyond Light is really, really Destiny 3 at its core. It's a level playing field and the best time in the game's history to jump on board. Tons of the new content/Bungie Effort that went into this expansion is dedicated to brand new or long absent players.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

reddit is fine, dont get why goons get all upset by it's existence

In the early-mid 2010s they had to be publicly shamed into deleting some extremely terrible subreddits; I vaguely remember goons having some hand in it.

On topic, what sort of prep work are people doing this weekend? And what's the best thing to do with the material from the disappearing planets?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

ponzicar posted:

On topic, what sort of prep work are people doing this weekend? And what's the best thing to do with the material from the disappearing planets?

I want to get the MIDA catalyst to finish off all of my catas, but outside of that, I'm doing nothing to prepare. All cross-season prep methods have been made worthless or harmful.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i turned all my DCV planet mats into about 4k legendary shards and about 50 enhancement cores. Then I cleaned out my inventory.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah def turn in your mats for the locations that are getting vaulted - big influx of shards and cores right there if you need it. Also if for whatever reason you have not grabbed Traveler's Chosen, the exotic sidearm from Zavala's quest, do so - you don't need the current season pass to get it.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 7, 2020

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's not Destiny 3 until we get a new tower, that's the rule. That's how it works. Sequels get new social areas.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I loved when May 2015's Destiny 2 gave us the Reef and September 2016 brought Destiny 3's Iron Temple

Whatcha guys doing with Calus tokens? They're not on the list of stuff to be removed but it certainly seems like they should be.

Save ~125 of each Planetary Material since vaulted planets will still be used for upgrade modules, prisms and golfballs next season and you might really need one on the day that they're going for Phaseglass and Sim Seeds or something.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also don't forget DIM will likely break for a few days, so get your poo poo on your main character just in case

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Vaulted materials are being removed from banshee's rotation. They'll be dumpable for glimmer at the spider and removed in S13. Dump them now for shards or upgrade modules.

Also, I wrote this for someone in discord who asked what to do before the season ends. Given you have less than 5 days, the list of things you can reasonably do is extremely small:

0) Get (and hold onto) the exotic cypher from Mars.
1) Traveler's Chosen quest (evacuation, from Zavala)
2) Ruinous Effigy and Catalyst
3) Get to level 35 on the seasonal track for guillotine
4) Rat King from Titan, Sleeper/PLance from Mars
5) Telesto Catalyst from Prestige Eater

Raid exotics look extremely easy to get in BL... just raid anything to get the material to buy them. Y2 AP stuff (black armory, drifter, menage) is probably impossible to get, you're stuck on using cyphers for that stuff. Pinnacles aren't worth getting anymore.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 7, 2020

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I will stress that if you have not purchased season of arrivals, please do not do so for a weekend and one day.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
going back to console cos the pc version sucks with all the cheaters and broken clan support

so long suckers

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RocketRaygun posted:

Vaulted materials are being removed from banshee's rotation. They'll be dumpable for glimmer at the spider and removed in S13. Dump them now for shards or upgrade modules.

Vaulted Materials were mentioned as remaining in use but not earnable in next season (12) and would be dumpable for glimmer at Spider in Season 13, btw. Not a big deal but worth hanging on to a few for one last season.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Ah, i was off by a season. Ok, yeah, hang onto things for a little bit but still... they are going away, so I would suggest getting rid of them sooner rather than later. You just don't have a deadline 5 days from now.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I haven't actually played for a couple months now (because that would require playing a video game that isn't Hades, and that is really hard). Is it possible to do the full Traveler's Chosen quest in time? How long would it take?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

OzFactor posted:

I haven't actually played for a couple months now (because that would require playing a video game that isn't Hades, and that is really hard). Is it possible to do the full Traveler's Chosen quest in time? How long would it take?

Maybe 4 hours if you went real slow?

Git it! Get after it!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

It's extremely quick. I had it done in an hour knowing where everything spawns that I needed to kill/grab/do. It's probably 2 hours without.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

RocketRaygun posted:

Ah, i was off by a season. Ok, yeah, hang onto things for a little bit but still... they are going away, so I would suggest getting rid of them sooner rather than later. You just don't have a deadline 5 days from now.

what deadlines do i have besides the planets being locked in a safe?

while i'm asking, there's no particular reason to preorder beyond light, is there?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

what deadlines do i have besides the planets being locked in a safe?

Leviathan's also going away too.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

If you want easy access to the Stranger's Rifle and its cat I guess?

It's not the seasonal weapon its an actual pre-order bonus, if you care.

TacoHavoc
Dec 31, 2007
It's taco-y and havoc-y...at the same time!
What's the optimal vault clearing strategy?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Push him off the ledge!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

TacoHavoc posted:

What's the optimal vault clearing strategy?

Rebind your "Use" key to left mouse click, and don't stop clicking!

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
trying to handle all these vex memes

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The vault page says they'll be changing Gambit, is there any word on how?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

yeah, it's becoming a faster version of gambit prime.

TacoHavoc
Dec 31, 2007
It's taco-y and havoc-y...at the same time!

el B posted:

Rebind your "Use" key to left mouse click, and don't stop clicking!

I'm so scared

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

RocketRaygun posted:

was that the single-round variant? i seem to remember liking that a lot more

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

Yeah, we don't need a console vs pc flame war, and we don't need comparisons of people's to bowl movements. Both of you simmer down.

But but but I play on PC.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

was that the single-round variant? i seem to remember liking that a lot more

Yes. It's basically Prime but without the roles and armors, and some slightly tweaked mechanics. The other notable thing that's changing is the replacement of Taken Captains with Taken Phalanxes as medium blockers.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Vaulted Materials were mentioned as remaining in use but not earnable in next season (12) and would be dumpable for glimmer at Spider in Season 13, btw. Not a big deal but worth hanging on to a few for one last season.
The exotic archive mentions a planetary material cost so I'd keep a few around for those if anyone's missing out on vaulted exotics

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whatcha guys doing with Calus tokens? They're not on the list of stuff to be removed but it certainly seems like they should be.

Save ~125 of each Planetary Material since vaulted planets will still be used for upgrade modules, prisms and golfballs next season and you might really need one on the day that they're going for Phaseglass and Sim Seeds or something.
The Calus bots are also being vaulted IIRC.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 7, 2020

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Scyantific posted:

The exotic archive mentions a planetary material cost so I'd keep a few around for those if anyone's missing out on vaulted exotics

They have said that all removed planet's materials are being depreciated. They will not be useful except glimmer from Spider, the better trade is to get shards+gunsmith parts

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Apprentice Dick posted:

They have said that all removed planet's materials are being depreciated. They will not be useful except glimmer from Spider, the better trade is to get shards+gunsmith parts

Yeah Bungie will 100% introduce new planet mats that looks exactly the same but with a slightly different name.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apprentice Dick posted:

They'll deprecate in Season 13, they said that they can still be used in season 12, which is probably what they're planned on in the first place.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RocketRaygun posted:

So just one round then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

yep. One round, easier enemies, slower invade cycle. There is a twab on it but it's like from 2 months ago and I don't wanna go digging.