Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Whenever I visit my brother stationed in Georgia, I have to sing this when I cross the border.

Also featured in my favorite scene from Gone with the Wind (narrowly edging out "What use are cannons to gentlemen?")- the black carpet bagger singing this as he rides past the defeated soldiers after the intermission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Burnin' Sherman's is loving gold.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Unibrow posted:

I drafted up gifs with him at the spots you specified, and I just wasn't feeling it. At the end does seem a bit more sincere, and I gave him a few extra frames.

You're a goddamn artist.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Great work!

I wish we could put something like “New Location at Marlago” but that would probably be cumbersome and get a potential call from some g-men.

I wish we could work Mar-a-Lago Delenda Est in but it doesn't really fit the theme.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Just like when they got to Columbia, Sherman's army kept perfecting their art right to the very end.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Woofer posted:

NSA wizard is adding us all to another list.

A list of winners and patriots. Too bad Trump isn't eligible for that list. :colbert:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
It works perfect with the text below my av, thanks mcnally

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Well, I guess I needed something to spike my blood pressure today. Guess my ancestors deserved that death march.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

RFC2324 posted:

there was also his genocide of native americans, but against most of the union general staff

I see it as celebrating a good thing, which I can do while also acknowledging his failures :shrug:

Same here. He probably wouldn't have cared to meet me but I can respect what he did for for the union against the confederacy.

More importantly, his spectre hangs over south carolina and georgia to this day, and I don't want them to forget that.

Thanks McNally :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

orange juche posted:

Sherman had to get on to his soldiers more than once re heated and bent rails because they weren't making them right. He directed that the rails be twisted from end to end by two soldiers so that the rails look like screws and couldn't be reused, but often the soldiers took a shortcut and simply heated the rails and bent them around trees, which also earned them the nickname of "sherman's neckties".

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, but campfires can.