Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Do it again Uncle Billy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I vote for the new one for sure

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

As a Civil War history nerd, I can’t state enough how wonderful it is, to see so many people who love Sherman like I do.

Oh for anyone interested in SimSherman, Grand Tactician Civil War is in Early Access. It’s very deep, both individual battles and strategic warfare...also very early access, but the dev actually is constantly working on it and it’s not a from Kickstarter it came.

https://store.steampowered.com:/app/654890

I don't know about the infantry branch but armor branch is definitely full of Union fanboys and the first Sherman memes I saw after election day came from a few fellow armor officers from my old unit.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

warsow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjOG5gboFU

Put this on every page. Or embed it in GIP.

Always have to listen to this when I come across it.

The coolest thing a family member discovered looking up our ancestry is that one of our ancestors was a confederate deserter that was discharged from the Union Army at the end of the war. I'll have to see if I can find it again and see if it specifies which army he was with. Dudes definitely the most badass in my family tree but sucks him and his descendants stuck around in the South afterward.

edit: he was from Tennessee so I think he probably stayed in the western theatre.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 13, 2020