Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Here we go, you might not know who John Fetterman is, but he is probably the best politician other than Bernie (he was the only candidate in 2018 in PA to endorse Bernie)

Who is he?

Oh god he looks like lurch, well let me fill you in on what he did before becoming LT Gov of PA

Harvard Educated.

quote:

After living in Braddock for four years, attracted by what he called the town's "malignant beauty", Fetterman ran against the incumbent mayor in 2005 and won by a single vote. As the part-time mayor, Fetterman earned $110.22 a month in 2007. His full-time job, directing the Out-Of-School-Youth program, paid around $30,000 annually.

He won this election by telling kids that he help to get back on the right track to vote.

Show me another mayor that would do this:

quote:

Fetterman's commitment to the community of Braddock is shown with various tattoos. On his left arm are the numbers 15104 - Braddock's ZIP Code, and on the right, the dates of five murders that occurred in the town since he was elected mayor.

quote:

Following his election, Fetterman initiated youth and art programs, created a community center, and has tried to initiate development of the town's mostly ruined buildings and poor economy. With family money, Fetterman purchased the town's First Presbyterian Church before demolition for $50,000, living in the basement for several months.

He's not officially running for Senate yet, but he will

https://twitter.com/giselefetterman/status/1325053097471856640

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1324473077707776009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKIeamPi2Y

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

dude fuckin owns

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
:bisonyes:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
this guy sounds loving awesome

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Der Meister posted:

dude fuckin owns

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
gently caress yes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I knew of him in his mayor days and had no idea he was the lt gov of pa. That rules

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Der Meister posted:

dude fuckin owns

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tweet at him and tell him to run

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Der Meister posted:

dude fuckin owns

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Der Meister posted:

dude fuckin owns

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Der Meister posted:

dude fuckin owns

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I am ready to ride shiny and chrome for him

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
Senate 2022
Presidential Ticket 2028

Lets make it happen!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

would gladly vote for this absolute unit if i lived in philly

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
John Fetterman is a very good dude.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Der Meister posted:

dude fuckin owns

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I wanna move to PA so I can vote for him!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

straight out of central casting lol. beast

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Buddykins posted:

this guy sounds loving awesome

yeah he is

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I assume she talks just like Mona Lisa in My Cousin Vinny.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hope he runs as more bloodthirsty and cut-throat than bernie

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

hope he runs as more bloodthirsty and cut-throat than bernie

his twitter icon was 'legal week for PA' for like a month

so yeah, he's more bernie than bernie

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ground floor for my future big and strong prez

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

We need more leftists politicians who look like they could snap alt right weirdos in half like spaghetti noodles.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

etalian posted:

We need more leftists politicians who look like they could snap alt right weirdos in half like spaghetti noodles.

:hmmyes:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1324840283062759425

his wife has really good taste in clothes.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

my mom once did an improv show fundraiser for John. he was very nice and funny and I got to meet him. that’s my story thank you

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
whew. that is one large man. it's about time we had a large adult senator

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i have been to his houise in braddock

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

ur in my world now posted:

whew. that is one large man. it's about time we had a large adult senator

a modern day LBJ (but not into racism or imperialism)

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

etalian posted:

he's also Extremely Online; tweets don't embed right for me so I might not have to link both of these but he is a cool dude who voluntarily left a chance at lucrative jobs to instead try to save a dead-rear end town and he is cool and good. anyway,

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZackBornstein/status/1324464284907106304

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1324473077707776009

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
and Plinkey is absolutely correct that he changed his avatar to "LEGAL WEED FOR PA" for a long time, for anyone who doesn't constantly follow his twitterings

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
He’s wasted as lt. governor

I wanna fetterman v don jr for senate so he can give him a swirlie during the debate

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

He’s wasted as lt. governor

I wanna fetterman v don jr for senate so he can give him a swirlie during the debate

i feel like him just existing has kept wolf from being the full succ elemental you would expect from the former mayor of york. gave him some spine so we got redistricting and septa projects

i wonder if fetterman has gotten shapiro really high. he looks like a huge nerd so i imagine he just would have gotten completely wasted from it

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

John is cool

but the Dems are going to eaten alive everywhere in 22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i feel like him just existing has kept wolf from being the full succ elemental you would expect from the former mayor of york. gave him some spine so we got redistricting and septa projects

i wonder if fetterman has gotten shapiro really high. he looks like a huge nerd so i imagine he just would have gotten completely wasted from it

Wolf was never mayor of York, he's from York but this is his first elected office. He owned (still owns?) a kitchen cabinet company. And don't forget Fetterman is new, for his first term we had lt. governor mike stack who i dont actually know much about other then him and his wife are assholes.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

John is cool

but the Dems are going to eaten alive everywhere in 22

Yes probably, BUT

Shapiro, who is very popular and very succ, is almost surely going to make run at governor and Fetterman for senate means that there will be something on the ballot for everyone and that combination is probably the best chance PA has to not get crushed in 2022: Revenge of the Chuds