Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

In Australia cheap cask wine drunk from a plastic cup is pretty standard behaviour for whatever our equivalent of a frat boy is. People at house parties used to judge me as being somehow fancy for drinking Jameson instead of cask wine. Not that there aren't fancy wines here, but wine is not fancy in and of itself.

If everyone was drinking wine and it was either boxed wine or some kind of jungle juice punch made with cheap wine, it would be fine. it's mainly the juxtaposition of being the only guy with a clear cup compared to everyone else holding the classic red solo cup. They could be drinking wine too, we don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Part of the reason why I find America so confusing is that it is so similar to Australia in most ways, but that just makes the differences feel somehow even more alien than they do with other countries. There's a sort of uncanny valley effect where something like this feels so much more wrong than anything that, idk, lets say French politics could ever produce.

we are each others' stupid hillbilly cousins

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Imagine if Scooby-Dum saw Scooby-Doo coming and was like "oh jesus, I gotta deal with this dumb motherfucker again". That's America and Australia.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

he doesn't even have to fuckin drink it, just put a can of chud-rear end yeungling in his hand and take the pic, done

I'll do you one better: just have the wine in the same kind of red solo cup that everyone else is in the picture is drinking out of!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There is not a single human being who is pro-choice and is going to vote for Oz because Fetterman slurs his words a little. It's a frankly insane narrative.

i'll take that bet, there's at least one fuckin weirdo who this makes a difference for. americans are insane.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I think you're confusing why someone might be reticent to vote for this guy. "Slurring his words" and having to use a CC machine may be a symptom of cognitive decline or impairment following a stroke. It's not the actual fact that he's slurring his words, it's the fact that he may not have all his mental abilities.

What you're doing is watching the "good morning, Sunday morning" video and saying that it'd be silly not to vote for Pelosi just because she "mis-spoke in an interview." Or you're watching the Joe Biden videos and saying he has a stutter. You're trying to highlight the symptoms, diminish the actual medical issue going on, and criticize people worried about the medical issue by saying they'd have to be insane to worry about the symptoms.

no actually what I'M doing is saying that at least one person, one american, who is both pro-choice and would rather vote for Dr. Oz because Fetterman slurs his words a little. because we are an insane country and 1/3 of the people who vote decide who they're gonna vote for within 12 hours of the election

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

It's not crazy to not want to vote for him because he might have serious cognitive issues. Framing it as "not voting for him because he slurs his words" is what the vote blue losers say about Biden and Pelosi.

okay

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nichael posted:

I don't know that this is true. "Moderate" Democrats are insane.

no no no man trust me there's a guy here who's not gonna like this lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

Also extremely funny to see cspam posters arguing that the senate is so corrupt and dysfunctional it doesn't matter, vote Fetterman! might as well go ahead and vote Feinstein and Bloomberg and Schulz, nothing matters right? Embrace the succ.

i don't get to vote in the race because I don't live in PA. I think if he gets elected Fetterman will be a bog standard shitdem senator who looks/sounds mildly more like an actual person than like Chris Coons.

and I don't think the stroke thing seems that bad, as a guy who has had several relatives have strokes and seen how bad the damage from one can be. It seems like he's relatively ok and not nearly as bad as Feinstein. that being said, I truly do not give a poo poo about who you vote for, write-in the Philly Fanatic if you're in PA.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i don't understand why people are incapable of reading a statement like that and not immediately jumping to "oh so we should all just vote for hillary because nothing will ever get better huh?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
We should make this the general DC brain damage thread

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
hoo boy is that bad combo of takes lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

he's always sucked rear end! people only ever liked him because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIw8dyroOq4

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Jesus is that what the back of his neck looks like

that's all the brain that got liquefied just sort of pooling in the back there

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
boy, everything sure does suck, huh? we can't even have one big, vaguely progressive guy who looks like he should sell wallet chains become a senator without his brain exploding and it coming out that he tried to citizens arrest a black guy using a shotgun and having to basically renounce all the good stuff he believes and promise to hug and kiss barrels of oil. maybe electoral politics in America just loving sucks poo poo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

I mean yes US electoral politics are bad but him beating the tee vee snake oil salesman would be a good thing full stop. no need to overthink it

how dare you accuse me of thinking

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
my original point was just that it sucks that fetterman turned out to be kinda lovely, no need to overthink it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Fetterman would be a reliable vote for legal weed in the senate which already makes him better then many other dems

idk why people have to nitpick this -

Wamsutta posted:

Fetterman turned out to be a generic lib except gigantic and now his brains are scrambled, u hate to see it

it's really not that hard to figure out why someone would be disappointed lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i want to drain that hump on the back of his neck and see what sweet nectar hides inside

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Who is this Cia girl I hear so much about and why does everyone think she's secretly posting here?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

how can i put all jokes aside when discussing a clown car, sir?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
president racism ogre

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that said, how funny would it be if Trump copied Fetterman’s “it’s okay to talk about being depressed!” pivot

It's actually not okay to mock Trump's fast food consumption, he does that to cope with his OCD

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

yeah a big ol bump on Fetterman's noggin

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

hope this mf got another blood clot hanging around up there

bouncing around his cavernous skull like a DVD player screensaver

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Honky Mao posted:

Remember when this guy was braindead for six months

https://twitter.com/CnsprtrlRprt/status/1744101702213533834

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
we may disagree on politics, but john fetterman is a good man; i have given him 3 gold pieces to carry a tree trunk that i felled back to my village on many occasions

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
imagine blowing it with a person so far out of your league they are out of your entire Sport because you couldn't stop be so enthusiastic about genocide

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Fetterman has been reportedly wearing an extra two to three layers of zip-up hoodie since the divorce

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zokari posted:

c-spam sure knows how to pick 'em

tbf this is like one of three disappointing endings you get when you support any political candidate

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you got ending B... your candidate turned out to be a right wing freak once they got a small modicum of power.

try again for ending A... your candidate slowly capitulated under the weight of the system and became a cog in the machine.
or ending C... your candidate died mysteriously shortly after threatening to use their power in any way.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
john fetterman is not an epic ogre, as evidenced from the fact that all he can do is wave a flag from the roof of his home when he should obviously be throwing barrels at the protestors below

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Which goon was responsible for foisting this genocidal gently caress on us again?

it was my fault. i'm sorry. i shouldn't have retrieved those freshly buried bodies and reanimated them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
mfw i read ur posts and think of a thoughtful response

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

that's his head OP

swish

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sick joke to steal and repost without the context of someone setting it up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mobile Infantry made me the man I am today

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Top Ukrainian scientists are working on a Fettermech

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

yea at the very least Oz wouldn't have stood on his roof wearing an Israeli flag as a cape pretending to be a superhero for Zionism. Fetterman is so loving lame lmao

okay saying it like this, maybe the stroke did more brain damage than we thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Excellent reading of the room sir please keep this poo poo up