Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

He’s wasted as lt. governor

I wanna fetterman v don jr for senate so he can give him a swirlie during the debate

i feel like him just existing has kept wolf from being the full succ elemental you would expect from the former mayor of york. gave him some spine so we got redistricting and septa projects

i wonder if fetterman has gotten shapiro really high. he looks like a huge nerd so i imagine he just would have gotten completely wasted from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Wolf was never mayor of York, he's from York but this is his first elected office. He owned (still owns?) a kitchen cabinet company. And don't forget Fetterman is new, for his first term we had lt. governor mike stack who i dont actually know much about other then him and his wife are assholes.

Yes probably, BUT

Shapiro, who is very popular and very succ, is almost surely going to make run at governor and Fetterman for senate means that there will be something on the ballot for everyone and that combination is probably the best chance PA has to not get crushed in 2022: Revenge of the Chuds

huh idk why i thought he was mayor. i think i saw people complaining about the york pd when he was running and just assumed.

lol that the pa dems were so devastated during the corbett years that we had to run some rando against the least liked man in the state

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lol that joe drve out all the “well i hate trepm but im tired of the dems spending all our money” and electing in gops to treasurer and auditor

i have no idea if those positions actually do anything other than get inevitably arrested for corruption though

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

etalian posted:

Yeah I’m sure dc lanyards would like this type of candidate

who the gently caress else they gonna run? tom kenney? fettermans probably the most powerful dem in pa because he doesnt have any real responsibilities rn

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the state gop is currently trying to boot fetterman out of the senate so that they dont have to seat a dem senator that wont affect who controls the chamber because it make our big wet boy in dc sad

so now fettermans all over the news again

his senate race is gonna be a hoot

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

zegermans posted:

he doesn't look threatening he looks like a big fat guy that you just walk away from for 10 feet before they fall over from diabetic shock

shut the gently caress up zegermans

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Good soup! posted:

wawa bring back the fuckin deli counter you fucks

:hmmyes:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

are there any good non chud pa centric political news? itd be nice to have some sources on whats going on in the state other than John fettermans twitter

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

look we mean it when we call him a goon

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

The question isn’t is he better then pat toomey, it’s is he gonna be better then the other dems tripping over themselves for the nomination for that seat. That’s yet tbd

looking at the layout of the pa dem party

probably

i imagine his competitors will be ghouls like nutter or maybe even kenny. i imagine shapiro and wolf have already let him know they ain’t running and shapiro will go for gov

who knows tho. maybe well get some good smaller local pols

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

im glad the delco da is good. the pics of the sad delco gop election night party in springfield in 2018 were great.

achillesforever6 posted:

Sheetz is better because it's honestly for what it is; though now that I'm living in Pittsburgh proper I actually like Giant Eagle Get Goes more (Sheetz is too racist to want to have gas stations in the city; which is insane how much business they could do if they opened one up in like Oakland)

wawa was like this for a while then their brand new center city location became by far their most profitable store so they relented and opened a bunch more.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lol kenny gave a huge portion philly covid vaccine supply and millions of dollars to a bunch of college students and they ran off with it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

he better figure out his wawa stance soon otherwise hes gonna lose delco

which is insane since hes super delco

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fetterman has cleared the establishment lane and now we can see if his “chasing random joggers with a shotgun” stance is enough to break rural pa out of their trump haze

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Nothus posted:

Did he jump the line over some other, more well-connected candidate who thinks it's their turn? Because if so, the media will bury him with that story.

him, the governor, and the ag pretty much are running the show and the ag is likely going for gov

the only thing who can stop him is a good gop challenger and they all have massive brainworm problems after last year

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

We have our first Republican contender in the race.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/politics/election/joe-gale-2022-pennsylvania-governor-race-20210216.html%3foutputType=amp

30 year old chud Sean Gale fresh off his brothers nonexistent coat tails (who is running for governor)

For those of you not from MontCo, Joe gale is the minority county commissioner who won his seat by being extra chuddy and gaming the dumbass way we elect county commissioners. Sean Gale is his younger brother whose never held elective office and failed miserably in his run for county commissioner. Both the gale brothers live with their parents.

If there’s anyone that deserves a swirlie from John Fetterman it’s these assholes but i can’t imagine Sean Gale getting anywhere close to the nomination.

Joe Gale has a little chud cred in SEPA so he might put up respectable numbers in his bid for the nomination but I wouldn’t bet on it

💯 this dude locks his doors the entire time hes in norristown going to the county building

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

That quote is the perfect window into the urban pa/rural pa divide

Grab the shotgun vs Whatever that happens all the time

constant gunfire being the bind that ties all pennamites together

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Norristown Cheese Pervert for US Senate 2022

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

so is this just the pennsylvania dem thread thats a pretty specific niche but eh i got tweets for it so why not

i mean the pa gop is essentially "who is the most garbage small business owner we can scrounge up" right now

mods should rename this thread to pa politics

new yorks not bettern than us. pa can have a thread too.

giants suck. rangers suck. go birds.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

now that nj weed has broken the cracks are beginning in pa.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Brian Fitzpatrick seems like the best republican candidate to win a statewide race next year. He’s got a track of record of over performing in The suburbs. Can’t think of anyone else they would field and right now the only declared candidates are the Uber chud Gale brothers.

true. i dont think he could survive a gop primary though

i look forward to not voting for him in the dem gov primary.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lol kenyatta beat milton street, john streets crazy hot dog slinging brother, for his current seat by 92%

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

i feel like theres a lot of context im missing here

move closer to your world my friend

move closer to your woooorld

(john street was mayor of philly in the aughts. his brother is a perennial gop candidate because no one wants to run as a republican for philly city positions. hes eccentric. he used to sell hot dogs.)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

A new challenger has entered the ring!

Democrat Dr. Val Arkoosh, chair of the Montgomery County Commissioners has jumped into the senate race.

She is....meh, a very run of the mill suburban democrat. She's got the 2nd most name recognition behind Fetterman.

Also a couple new losers on the gop side. Jeff Bartos, failed lt governor candidate and Kathy Barnette, failed congressional candidate.

I have a special dislike for Kathy Barnette because I live in the 4th district that she ran for (and lost by like 30 points) and her campaign was basically the Covid spreading tour at the height of the pandemic going to peoples backyards and houses and cramming as many people into a small space that would come listen to her ramble on about "I'm a black woman AND a republican! I shouldn't exist but i do!"

Still, I think this is a winnable race for the GOP but not by any of the losers who've currently declared

lmao that the 2/3s of the montco commission is running. Norristown's not that bad. You got Franzones, you can get a giant bowl of bimbibap and a massive amount of booze at august moon, already you're way ahead of the food wasteland they will encounter in DC!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Philly DA race getting wild

"GOP DA CAndidate” posted:

In short, the best way to start with this is the Medical Examiner's report stating that her BAC was .45 and the cause of death was alcohol intoxication. But because she was found in my tub, everyone, including myself, assumed she drowned. So many empty vodka bottles were found, it looked like there was a party in my house, but inspection of the security video of people entering and leaving showed only her.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

people keep asking questions clearly answered by my “i did not kill my girlfriend” section of my official campaign site

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

gently caress bill perdito.

krasner blew cop boy out of the water

we are probably going to give our chugislature power over emergency declarations but also ban racial discrimination so whose to say if pa is good or bad

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

it passed because it was a primary that no one showed up to vote. only 150k ballots were cast in philly. 75k ballots were cast in lancaster and york county each and 1 and 2 passed by huge margins there.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

aw now we are back down to only 2/3 of the montco commission

also the statehouse used their newfound powers to cancel the emergency order, which means to go liquor is now banned. this is what happens when you dont VOTE

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i mean you pretty much have it in philly the same way we have tax free booze (or will in a few months)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

this poo poo is why im mad fetterman isn't going for gov. shapiro is a nerd who won't just start openly ignoring the legislature. PA is fundamentally broken on that side and nothing will happen unless someone pushes it to an actual crisis or everything between berks county and pittsburgh is consumed by a black hole

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Billy penn had an article about how he cleared the way to running after getting in spats with fetterman as if it wasn't them just drawing out of a hat which one of them would go for the senate and which for the governor

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Wolf's introduced a consent bill and tucker mentioned it so who is ready for some discourse from peeps who think JoPa did nothing wrong

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

thekeeshman posted:

I mean, the fact that no one in my solid blue city had any Hillary signs up, while everywhere outside the city was a solid wall of Trump signs, made me very uneasy before the 2016 election. I know the lanyards who ran Hillary's campaign had all sorts of smarter-than-thou dogmas about how yard signs weren't important, but signaling tribal identity and convincing people that the cool kids are all on board is important in campaigns.

Hillary's strategy seemed to be convincing people that she was the sure thing, and sometimes I think she achieved her goal too well, to the point where lots of people figured they didn't need to show up to vote.

in pa at least they all showed up and just didnt vote for hillary or mcginty but the other statewide offices went to the dems

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yea and then the dems lost them in 2020 lol
Shapiro must have been pissed cause his margin of victory was way lower then he would have liked and he only won by a few points to a complete nobody

bAlAnCe

All those chester county horse owners who didn't vote for trump or hillary gladly pulled the lever for biden, whom they probably all knew in person

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Nichael posted:

Kenyatta was a very vocal Biden primary supporter.

kenyatta is someone from the fight song video made into flesh

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

does pennsylvania hate jersey

lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i live in the inner burbs and the light from philly is enough to walk around in those cowards will be fine

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Maed posted:

the correct answer is sheetz btw

wawa was better when they were just a deli but its only just fine now.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

it takes a special kind of big brain take to look at Fetterman and Lamb and come to that conclusion

as a resident of Montgomery County, let me say this about Val Arkoosh

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!

a lot of my friends used to work for the montco DA and the stories about "gifts" there just makes me assume that everyone in the montco government is just insanely corrupt but no one cares because who gives a poo poo about montco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Did he kill the perp in the end? How did that story end?

the local news showed up and interviewed the guy, still in his jogging clothes, and he was like "whew yeah, that big dude's kinda weird"