Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

hopeandjoy posted:

What colonist bar mod do you use?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729908976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Are you planning to do recaps or more explanation in your videos? I tried to follow along with one of your streams, but I haven't played Rimworld, and I couldn't really follow what you were doing.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
gently caress you Jazz, I just blew 20 bucks on this stupid expansion and I hold you personally responsible, furthermore

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Eh, the expansion is worth $20. I've put so many hours in to Rimworld, I'm pretty OK with paying Tynan for it.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

Are you planning to do recaps or more explanation in your videos? I tried to follow along with one of your streams, but I haven't played Rimworld, and I couldn't really follow what you were doing.

Yes, unfortunately the last two days have been very busy after work. I may end up moving the stream to Saturday so that I can do the editing and recaps on Sundays without much interruption.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Sincerely apologize for the lack of the updates.

I finally got my timelapse renders & video renders exporting directly to my nas. I'll have all the new characters & the first highlights done for Saturday, with a stream on Sunday. I may end up moving the stream to Saturday evening since it's difficult for me to get the content out during the week, which doesn't seem fair!

In the mean time, have an updated timelapse of the base.

https://i.imgur.com/4bHjGXP.mp4

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

New character cards! The upcoming stream will be the last on Sundays, and we'll be switching to Saturday evenings. Likely starting at 6pm and going til 10pm, as long as that is convenient for everyone! I do have the episode from last week partially edited and want to get that up soon.

:siren: New Goal :siren:

We need pet great white sharks, losing out on the one last week has made me determined to get one at some point in the future. As always, twitch integration will be kept on, but vomit rain has been disabled for now.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Having a shootmans skill of ten alongside yens for construction and animals feels oddly fitting.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

dragonshardz posted:

Having a shootmans skill of ten alongside yens for construction and animals feels oddly fitting.

You died, and I'm sorry. :smith:

Also, next stream will be 7pm EST on Saturdays. I'm probably going to do a stream Friday night but that will be strictly base planning and priority management & probably be very boring. I'll get the highlight reels up for the last two weeks ASAP as well!

blackcat12951
Oct 23, 2012

HELLCAT BESTCAT

Doctor Rope
You should be able to use the resurrect spell on shardz, can't you?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

So, I managed to accidentally blow up the cache drive on my server, so I have ZERO remaining of the edited clips. I do still have the source material.

I'm going to update the OP & set up action reports from here forward via a template to make it easier. Videos may or may not come when my motivation isn't totally destroyed from losing hours of editing.

Thanks all! See you at 7pm.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Saw the banner ad. I have 1,400 hours in this game but haven't played since the expack because :effort:

Communist and Asexual if new recruits are needed. May my posting be in my favor. :shrek:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Long-term Goals:

[ ] Invite the Stellarch to our colony
      [ ] Kill the Stellarch
    [ ] Clean, renewable energy
    [ ] Great white shark(s) as pets
      [ ] Shark pit
    [ ] Maple & Oak survive
    [ ] Colony hits 100 years in age
    [ ] All alive forum-based characters join the Colony
    [ ] 3rd generation colonists exist
    [ ] Anti-Matter Power Generation
      [ ] Railguns
    [ ] Anti-Air Defenses

Short-term Goals:

[ ] Food independence
      [ ] Hydroponics
    [ ] Fortify mountain base
    [ ] Power needs met
    [ ] Maple hits a Chronomancy level high enough to unlock recall
    [ ] Hospital
    [ ] Unlock terraforming
    [ ] Increase research speed
    [ ] Private bathrooms
    [ ] Resurrect Shardz

SA Player Status:

Everyone is currently alive besides Shardz[ (placeholder)

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rezzing my gay rear end is at the bottom of the short-term goals list...but it is bolded so I'm assuming that's currently your priority.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

dragonshardz posted:

Rezzing my gay rear end is at the bottom of the short-term goals list...but it is bolded so I'm assuming that's currently your priority.

The lists are ascending not descending.

e: so, yes.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

We'll have to reschedule. My machine still isn't working properly.

8/mb write speeds OOF.

I'll get an update ASAP.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

have you tried turning it off and then back on again

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

It might be a virus. You should install McAfee virus scanner! There is currently special cyber savings on a two year plan!

Here is a link to Mcafee!

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 29, 2020

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Gawain The Blind posted:

It might be a virus. You should install McAfee virus scanner! There is currently special cyber savings on a two year plan!

Here is a link to Mcafee!

I don't know what else I expected when I clicked that. :laffo:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

McAfee is :catdrugs: personified.

edit: OH poo poo IT'S ALEX JONES

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Rickroll?

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I'm just trying to be helpful since I am an expert at computer machines.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Are there VODs somewhere to catch up with?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Aww, really? It's bad enough I'm impotent, but you made me rail thin?? 2/10.

But really though, crafting and intellectual? Probably not bad. I assume I'll be doing research all the time, and making statues or whatever when I'm not doing that. Just please, train up that shooting or I'm liable to shoot my own useless dick off in the next raid.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

Aww, really? It's bad enough I'm impotent, but you made me rail thin?? 2/10.

But really though, crafting and intellectual? Probably not bad. I assume I'll be doing research all the time, and making statues or whatever when I'm not doing that. Just please, train up that shooting or I'm liable to shoot my own useless dick off in the next raid.

Crafting/Int was a bad mix last I checked unless you were also a doctor, since I think there was a handful of high-level medicine recipes that needed all three.

The problem is the tasks for Research and Crafting and mutually exclusive: you want your high Int always researching and your high crafting always making stuff. It's Art that does the statues. If I was playing you, I'd have you mining/researching. With mining the higher priority, since you have double flames there. Crypto miner? No, now you're a coal miner.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Warmachine posted:

Crafting/Int was a bad mix last I checked unless you were also a doctor, since I think there was a handful of high-level medicine recipes that needed all three.

The problem is the tasks for Research and Crafting and mutually exclusive: you want your high Int always researching and your high crafting always making stuff. It's Art that does the statues. If I was playing you, I'd have you mining/researching. With mining the higher priority, since you have double flames there. Crypto miner? No, now you're a coal miner.

Crafting + Intellectual is pretty good for the magic-based mods Jazz has installed. Enchanting and alchemy require a healthy amount of both skills.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

GruntMountain posted:

Crafting + Intellectual is pretty good for the magic-based mods Jazz has installed. Enchanting and alchemy require a healthy amount of both skills.

Ah, there you go. Never played any of the magic-based mods myself--I was always doing cybernetic, robotic, and gene-splicing stuff!

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

VM issue seems to be fixed and stable. Let there be RimWorld, tonight.

:ohdear:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

DragonShardz, I'm afraid you're dead forever, beyond me forcing a pawn to become you.

Shardz, I'm going to make a pawn pretend to be you :rms:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

DragonShardz, I'm afraid you're dead forever, beyond me forcing a pawn to become you.

Shardz, I'm going to make a pawn pretend to be you :rms:

:(

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Runtime GC works as a mod, meaning I can keep the game going at a high frame rate and 4x speed for enjoyable viewing without a single day taking hours. We found out at the end of the stream as I installed the fork of it on a lark. Tomorrow I'll get a schedule up for streaming going forward since the pace can now be a bit better & get all of the people who have asked added as pawns.

We did meet Super Saiyan God Blue Vegeta tonight:

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
But he ded now

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Long-term Goals:

[ ] Invite the Stellarch to our colony
      [ ] Kill the Stellarch
    [x] Clean, renewable energy
    [ ] Great white shark(s) as pets
      [ ] Shark pit
    [ ] Maple & Oak survive
    [ ] Colony hits 100 years in age
    [ ] All alive forum-based characters join the Colony
    [ ] 3rd generation colonists exist
    [ ] Anti-Matter Power Generation
      [ ] Railguns
    [ ] Anti-Air Defenses

Short-term Goals:

[ ] Food independence
      [ ] Hydroponics
    [ ] Fortify mountain base
    [ ] Power needs met
    [ ] Maple hits a Chronomancy level high enough to unlock recall
    [ ] Hospital
    [ ] Unlock terraforming
    [ ] Increase research speed
    [ ] Private bathrooms
    [ ] Resurrect Shardz

Imperial Titles:
    Maple - Yeoman
    Oak - Yeoman

SA Player Status:

Dragonshardz - Deceased
Teaspoon - Escaped
Ashnjack - Kidnapped
Deadmeat5150 - Colonist
Lebravelittletoaster - Colonist
Silentsnack - Colonist

Aseculus - Prisoner

Start of Episode

Colonists:

Ashnjack
B'yleth
Deadmeat5150
Hoffman
Jin
Reed
Silentsnack
Lebravelittletoaster
Skullywag
Tsao

Prisoners:

Galga
Goat
Brizo
Teaspoon

End of Episode

Colonists
Maple
Oak
B'yleth

Silentsnack - Questing (Not Available)
Lebravelittletoaster - Questing (Not Available)
Skullywag - Questing (Not Available)
Tsao - Questing (Not Available)
Deadmeat - Questing (Not Available)
Hoffman - Questing (Not Available)

Prisoners:
Mai
Goat
Aseculus

Ep. 5 Synopsis:

On last nights Episode:

We fought off a giant force of insects that had managed to invade the right side of the map. During the battle one of big cats was grievously injured, although they would pull through with the combined strength of Oak's tending and heal buffs from B'yleth, Ashnjack & Maple. Although Oak had to consistently tend to the cat for almost 8 hours of in-game time.

Praetor Basilos Chadyles of The Imperium of God asked us to send him some people to help explore a swamp! We happily obliged earning Oak her Yeoman title, while sending: Deadmeat, Bravelittletoaster, Silentsnacks, Tsao, Hoffman & Skullywag. They haven't been seen since.

We then captured Teaspoon who had been trapped in our base for almost two weeks, making the Imperium hostile immediately. :ohdear: Then, the slaughter happened. We murdered all of our animals, donkeys, cows, huskies, puppies, chickens. All of them, in preparation of the upcoming winter. We also slaughtered many of the local animal populations.

We captured Mai, a wondering traveler with the Butasjaor Union. This, of course, upset the Union almost immediately making both the remaining members of the group & the Union at large hostile. We killed off the rest of the group and took Mai as a prisoner, with the intention of recruiting her into the colony later. She's important as she is good at mining, construction, & is magically gifted. I'm thinking she could turn into our necromancer.

In the final hour, the seemingly peaceful episode would come to a crashing halt. Jenson, a wanderer happened across our colony, he decided to join. Allowing him in & not immediately banishing him took a bit of deliberation, but ultimately we allowed him to stay. This, in hindsight was a surprisingly good thing. Shortly after Jenson arrived, or perhaps, because Jenson arrived; a dark green cloud came over the colony. Large globs of vomit fell from the sky as everything was covered in a slimey bile-like residue. As lightning struck, the god's had something much worse in store for us.

Jenson became our go-to man for a bit, cleaning and hauling with a fervor. At some point, while Oak was working diligently on our geothermal power plant, she collapsed due to blood rot. B'yleth quickly ran to the location, expending the remaining bit of her mana to cast a resurrection spell. Although Oak would be returned to life, she would be weakened for some time to come. Oak's death caused Anna, her trusted companion, to become maddened, attacking colonists in a plight of rage and sorrow. Taking out Galga, Jin, Vasily & almost B'yleth before she could reach Oak.

In the ensuing chaos, Mai would be downed. Maple would take the sword to Anna, stopping her from killing B'yleth & returning her to her cosy bed. With B'yleth and Oak now out of commission due to the toll of the resurrection spell, our only mobile colonists would be Jenson, Ashnjack & Maple. Both big cats would also be resting from injuries, leaving us very exposed to potential threats.

A tornado would rip through the woods to the north, clearing out a lot of trees & corpses from the forest floor. While to the south, the entirety of our future wood supply burned to a crisp, leaving the a bulwark of singed mutilated tree husks & no real protection.

Reed our former cook, would finally succumb to her long battle with blood rot, parasitic mechanoids, & plague. Honestly, she probably suffered long enough. Mai & Goat would be moved into the base proper and our former prison barracks turned into a future barn as we hoped the higher class lifestyle of a colonist would encourage Mai & Goat to join us. They were also released from their labor requirements until they join the colony.

Teaspoon, would eventually make a run for it. Jenson would be captured by competing raids in the dark of night. One of mechanoids to the North, one of Imperials to the east, and a group of tribesman from the South. However we would rescue a man named Boyd from a pod crash & captured Aesculus from a passing convoy, although he would immediately catch the plague.

Goat would later attack, kill & devour Boyd. Leaving his headless corpse in the hallway to her bedroom, as a warning to other colonists.

Astryl fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 6, 2020

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Goat would later attack, kill & devour Boyd. Leaving his headless corpse in the hallway to her bedroom, as a warning to other colonists.

drat :black101:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Another session today because we missed last weeks, let's make up some progress.

Future streams TDB, but I'm thinking Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday, but shorter (2-3 hour?)

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
That is entirely too many :honk:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Everyone has been added, the reunion trait has been given to all SA pawns to increase the chance of them showing up. It will also give us rescue quests to save SA posters (from themselves).

Oh, and congratulations to ashnjack who has become everyone’s father so I can continually scrub dead pawns and keep the game going at a good pace.

Stream tonight at 7pm EST.

Astryl fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 10, 2020

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I can't wait to see my traits!

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Everyone has been added, the reunion trait has been given to all SA pawns to increase the chance of them showing up. It will also give us rescue quests to save SA posters (from themselves).

Oh, and congratulations to ashnjack who has become everyone’s father so I can continually scrub dead pawns and keep the game going at a good pace.

Stream tonight at 7pm EST.

... Hold on!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Good stream, After Action Report coming up tomorrow.

Game is going to start progressing pretty aggressively. I'll also be sure to do a bit more explanation in the next stream like I did at the end of the episode as I know a lot of you are not fully aware of why I'm doing certain things.

Next episode (Saturday at 7pm EST) we will be working on getting our cult set up!

Please post your great cult name ideas for our lovely groverhaus colony.