Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Loadbearers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

The Loadbearers.
The Esoteric Order of Loadbearers.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I suggest the noble cult name of The Pullumkin.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Quoting in case anyone missed it on the last page:

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Good stream, After Action Report coming up tomorrow.

Game is going to start progressing pretty aggressively. I'll also be sure to do a bit more explanation in the next stream like I did at the end of the episode as I know a lot of you are not fully aware of why I'm doing certain things.

Next episode (Saturday at 7pm EST) we will be working on getting our cult set up!

Please post your great cult name ideas for our lovely groverhaus colony.

The Sphincter of Wordless Obscenities

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RC Bandit posted:

:hmmyes:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Our Little Sisters of Shark Maifus

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

RC Bandit posted:

This is p good.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

RC Bandit posted:

This gets my vote too.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The Harem Heroes

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
The Order of SharAAAAHHHHHH MY LEGS!

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Long-term Goals:

[ ] Invite the Stellarch to our colony
      [ ] Kill the Stellarch
    [x] Clean, renewable energy
    [ ] Great white shark(s) as pets
      [ ] Shark pit
    [ ] Maple & Oak survive
    [ ] Colony hits 100 years in age
    [ ] All alive forum-based characters join the Colony
    [ ] 3rd generation colonists exist
    [ ] Anti-Matter Power Generation
      [ ] Railguns
    [ ] Anti-Air Defenses
    [ ] Wireless power
    [ ] Full bionics

Short-term Goals:

[ ] Food independence
      [ ] Hydroponics
    [ ] Fortify mountain base
    [x] Power needs met
    [ ] Maple hits a Chronomancy level high enough to unlock recall
    [ ] Hospital
    [ ] Unlock terraforming
    [x] Increase research speed
    [ ] Private bathrooms
    [ ] Resurrect Shardz

Imperial Titles:
    Maple - Yeoman
    Oak - Yeoman

Start of Episode

Colony Leaders:
B'yleth

Colonists:

Oak
Maple
B'yleth
Tsao
Silentsnacks
Trot
Ashnjack
Skullywag
Murray
Bravelittletoaster
Deadmeat

Prisoners:

Goat
Aesculus
Tiispoon
Smarty/Mai

End of Episode

Colonists
Oak
Maple
B'yleth
Tsao
Silentsnacks
Trot
Ashnjack
Skullywag
Murray
Bravelittletoaster
Deadmeat
Tiispoon
Yevgeny
Captn Splendid

Prisoners:

Teaspoon
Aesculus
Goat
Smarty/Mai

SA Player Status:

Dragonshardz - Deceased
Teaspoon -
Ashnjack - Colonist
Deadmeat5150 - Colonist
Lebravelittletoaster - Colonist
Silentsnack - Colonist
Captain Splendid - Colonist
SpaceGeneral - Colonist

Aseculus - Prisoner

Ep. 6 Synopsis:

BUGS!

Started the episode at a slow pace, with two military aid convoys attacking an infestation to the north of groverhaus. We stayed barricaded inside our mountain, watching as the insects slaughtered all of our allies, and surely devouring their brains to gain their knowledge. It was a massacre, three different groups of humans (as traders had shown up later) were all mercilessly slaughtered by the intelligent bug species.

Once the remnants of the bugs had been dealt with, and the dead bodies of our former compatriots looted (THANKS FOR THE STUFF) we turned towards increasing the size of the base at long last. ((I am an idiot and used the plan feature instead of the mining commands and spent three episodes mad about priorities because I didn't understand why they weren't mining.))

A sudden influx of animals accustom to human interaction; a lovely group of huskies, some hermit crabs, and others. Suddenly our small colony was bustling with life. Unfortunately for the animals, it wasn't the kind of life we wanted in our colony. We herded a specific group of animals (cows, yaks, pigs) to a barn hastily built within the valley before slaughtering the remaining animals and anymore animals that showed up throughout the episode.

Seriously, this is too many ducks.

We spent the entirety of this episode slaughtering animals. :wtc:

A freak weather incident caused globs of vomit to fall from the sky once again, much to the dismay of everyone involved. As our poor housekeeper cats attempted to clean up after the fury of twitch chat to no avail.

Another infestation would later plague the base, forcing us to perform our first real test of the entry way choke point and put our pawns at risk. With Oak, Maple & Tsao keeping the bugs on the far side of the bridge, Deadmeat Trot, Skullywag supplying covering fire & B'yleth healing we would eventually push the bugs back before destroying them. However, they did manage to destroy our advanced geothermal power plant. Minutes after the fighting ended, a group of travelers would arrive to give us help and support. Though we appreciated the gesture, we would have appreciated the framerate more.

WE YIELD TO NO BUG

We would eventually be hemmed into the base once more, this time by dinosaurs. As of this minute, these crazed, long-necked herbivores stand ever vigilant, waiting for a taste of human flesh. :black101:

Ashnjack we need to have a talk...

Astryl fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 13, 2020

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Was trying to figure out why Androids Expanded breaks my load order so that the UI bugs out whenever I click on a fabrication bench (found a workaround: the bench can only be used outdoors) and might have accidentally discovered what was causing your Music Manager issue: it could have something to do with the fact that Dubs Performance Monitor config has a "disable music manager" option?

You didn't by any chance just go down the list clicking every button, right? :ghost:

edit to correct: somehow it was Craftable Artifacts that borked the fabrication bench. Took way too long to debug but that's just the price of failing to notice I had ~350 mods active.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 13, 2020

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

You're already locking me in a small room because of my degenerate, (as soon as I can get the points) cannibalistic, hendonistic ways. What more do you want from me?

Edit: I now eat people :)

ashnjack fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 13, 2020

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Need to start cranking my druid magic til I can regrow limbs

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Meanwhile, I'll just...hang out and rot?

Jazz, I expect you to make me a shrine in lieu of resurrecting my gay rear end.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

dragonshardz posted:

Meanwhile, I'll just...hang out and rot?

Jazz, I expect you to make me a shrine in lieu of resurrecting my gay rear end.

Your body is in a mass grave, if I get a necromancer I can bring you back. :black101:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Your body is in a mass grave, if I get a necromancer I can bring you back. :black101:

Exhume me and put my in a properly decorated tomb. :girlbert:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

dragonshardz posted:

Exhume me and put my in a properly decorated tomb. :girlbert:

A grave for a lich, with a research bench and a coffin for you to sleep in.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

A grave for a lich, with a research bench and a coffin for you to sleep in.

Acceptable.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Did a BUNCH off screen, and possibly got rimthreaded working, though it seems a bit buggy yet. Hopefully I can get it evened out and we can up around 300-500TPS for the streams!

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

I’m insane and if I get rim threaded working tomorrow night I’m going to do a 12 hour stream Saturday because I have three day work weeks for the next two weeks!

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Rimthreaded works, playing around with it last night. Averaging 250 TPS even with 15 colonists.

2pm-2am? If I can manage it :rms:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Inbred colonists? Starting to sound like a commune. Next we will get an actual shark and start making sacrifices!

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

BombermanX posted:

Inbred colonists? Starting to sound like a commune. Next we will get an actual shark and start making sacrifices!

I still haven't managed to get a pet shark to start down this path. :smith:

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

If you made the Animal events cheaper you’d get one,,, eventually .

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
After three or four hundred ducks.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Due to my own amazing inability to play this game, half the characters are dead, and the other half are starving to death and bedridden.

I'm sorry. :ohdear:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Due to my own amazing inability to play this game, half the characters are dead, and the other half are starving to death and bedridden.

I'm sorry. :ohdear:

I mean, you're missing the "and one is master of all the war crimes" to round out the Rimwolrd trifecta. Seems you've got a perfect hang of this game.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

StealthArcher posted:

I mean, you're missing the "and one is master of all the war crimes" to round out the Rimwolrd trifecta. Seems you've got a perfect hang of this game.

Luckily (or unluckily) I have you all saved as characters now and there are hijinks afoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Not quite enough vomit, war crimes, and absurd mental breaks, but you're pretty on-track for understanding how to play the game.

When you have a manhunting pack of squirrels threatening to tear you limb from limb if you open the wrong door, people are digging up corpses and dumping them on the kitchen table because they've been inside too long, and you're evaluating meals consumed by prisoners against medical experience gain potential via loss of morals then you will have mastered the game.