Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

2, and that's probably too high.

Crumbskull posted:

I'm decided that near term human extinction has been garaunteed op.

Nah, just modern civilization's collapse. The species survived Toba and it'll survive this. Just not civilization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Marx Was A Lib posted:

I saw somewhere this morning, maybe in the capitalism thread, there's a group already trying to push prop 22 in...MN I think?

Horrifying, and I'm just waiting to start seeing the relevant ads here in Florida for its eventual attempt at it.

Which will succeed by an absolute landslide, because loving Florida. gently caress.

I saw an ad for such an effort in IL, unsure if that's what you're thinking of

of course we can only expect it to be pushed nationwide, so the distinction of whether it was IL or MN is academic at most

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

doesn't Harris have a sister in law or cousin or something literally on Uber's board who pushed for 22 to begin with?

brother-in-law tony west is uber's general counsel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_West_(attorney)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1326253530903154689

Never mind, I change my answer to 1. Which is still probably too high.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

every day that fucker looks more and more like holden bloodfeast

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll be honest, all the NoJoes wailing that it's the end of the world Biden won and Trump didn't is making me more excited and hopeful for the new few years.

The senate isn't though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I super love to see how my distaste for a rapist and his constant making GBS threads on my desire for a modern health care system, and worry over how his trans-oppressing VP and her hive may affect my sister, are actually just sublimations of my desire to see Trump win. Eat my entire rear end, man.

Fister Roboto posted:

One thing I'm optimistic for with Biden is the disappearance of "wow, this archconservative ghoul called Trump a doodoo head (because he's doing fascism wrong), what a hero, welcome to the #resistance" kind of idiocy. Hopefully.

And just in general, Trump's removal might actually cause some people to realize that he's just a symptom of the disease. Over the last four years, a lot of people (myself included) finally opened their eyes to the massive problems in American society. But Trump made it so easy for everyone to blame those problems on him and only him. Maybe under Biden, people will see that's not the case.

I'd like this to be the case, and there will certainly be a few more people cracking and pinging. But even putting aside lovely Democrats, the Biden orbit's already chattering about people like Kasich, Meg Whitman, Charlie Baker, and Jeff loving Flake getting cabinet spots. Plus the signaling about how not only Sanders but also Warren may get shut out of the administration, though granted it's pretty funny to think that Warren might get nothing in return for shanking Sanders. Does optimism at some point morph into willful delusion?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Majorian posted:

Same with you; why do you think people are being hopelessly optimistic?

I mean, I ain't him, but, you know, *gestures broadly at everything Biden has said in the past year*

Pick posted:

As for climate though,

I like all these, so if he can do them that's really cool. Trump would do none of these.

Biden won't do any of these either. Pantry's gonna be bare, Pick, the campaign told us themselves. Don't delude yourself.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kalit posted:

Yea, something about hindsight 20/20 and Biden might have less bloodlust than Obama. I know, look at Biden's history doesn't fill us with hope. Which is why I'm holding out hope that the original involvement was Obama's decision (or Biden realized it was a huge mistake). At a minimum, Biden has been outspoken about this issue multiple times in the past year.

It'll be nice if you end up right, but smart money isn't betting on it. This is the guy who used his position as chair of the Senate's foreign relations committee to go full steam ahead on killing a million Iraqis based on lies. (note that he has since claimed he never thought Saddam had WMDs, which, um)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

But did you see how smooth he was when he said that republicans would definitely work with him? Absolutely lissencephalous!