Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Like a 5. Today is day one of pushing Biden as far left as possible and being as critical of his administration as necessary. With a Biden administration we're fighting to gain new ground, not protecting the ground we already have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Marx Was A Lib posted:

How?

Your negotiating chip was your vote, and you gave it go him.

Are you asking how I can push Biden to the left?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Majorian posted:

Without the Deus ex Machina of COVID he would have gotten flattened.

Without the influence of Klaartu, Demon Lord of the 9th circle, Donald Trump never would've survived past age of 15, therefore.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

I'm suggesting that unfalsifiable counterfactuals are not particularly useful. There is no difference in saying "Biden only won because of COVID" and "Donald Trump only exists because of his parents having sex and him surviving childhood". It doesn't matter. Donald Trump was born and Joe Biden did win, and the reason for Biden's win is far more complex than "just COVID" - but even if it was "just COVID", things are path dependent, so... who cares?

Also I think its fair to judge people by their track record of previous predictions. I am happy to own up to my wrong predictions - that this would be a much less close election and that Biden would win Florida for example.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

We also now have evidence that COVID helped Trump - both because it helped activate a segment of the population for him (QAnon) and because people liked that they got a check for him and judge the economy by "how much money I have in my hand and who gave it to me" and not unemployment numbers.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Sublimer posted:

In reality I’m at about a 3 or a 4. But on social media, I’ve decided to act as obnoxiously about Biden as Trump’s supporters do for him. Just being a real rear end in a top hat about it. So I’m definitely a 10 there. I’m posting/tweeting stuff like “The Trump Train has been DERAILED. No more Merry Christmas. You’re RIDIN’ with BIDEN now! Better get used to Happy Holidays.” Or “No matter what he’s YOUR president and you need to support him for the good of our country!” Also, “Whether your candidate won or lost, we should all be proud that a RECORD number of Americans came out to vote!”

This post rules. Good for you. Time to update my Facebook page and text my relatives.

(This is not sarcastic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

I think the idea of "holding them accountable" is a larger proxy for "what does progressive activism look outside of voting in general elections?". I think that is a very worthy question that has quite a few answers. Most of us here want the same things - even down to particular policies - and I would hope people would be engaged in advocating for those things even between elections.