Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
10/10 excited. I loving hate the poo poo out of trump and every single day I wake up and he's not president I'm going to smile and cry a little bit. But more than that, it's a big deal to have an administration is not going to be removing animals from the endangered species act, understand the global warming is real, and will not deport Dreamers. I am by my nature an extremely cynical person, but it brings genuine warmth to my heart to think that some of these people can stay here where they belong.

E: obviously talking about the dreamers with that last sentence, not wolves

Pick fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Biden's official stance is a global warming is real, and the Biden plan was consistent with that stance. Fracking is absolutely negotiable, because if that is necessary to win, that is much better than the Trump plan which was to light the West Coast on fire (I live here :(!)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Biden's stance was no more federal permits to do fracking in areas where the federal government has control, but tbh it's not even clear he could "ban fracking" outside of that. He said this a number of times.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shere posted:

There's a fair bit of difference between trying and being unable to ban fracking, and emphatically talking it up as a thing that will continue to exist as we barrel towards our first Blue Ocean Event.

I respect someone who understands constitionality, especially a president! Same with the mask mandate, when he was always careful to clarify that a mandate from the office of the executive had to be constitutional.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
As for climate though,

quote:

The 10 executive actions Biden has said he will take on his first day as president to combat the crisis and reduce emissions are:

Require limits on methane pollution for oil and gas operations.
Use the federal government procurement system to work towards 100% clean energy and zero-emissions vehicles.
Ensure US government buildings and facilities are more efficient and climate-ready.
Implement the already-existing Clean Air Act, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation by developing new fuel economy standards to ensure all new sales for light- and medium-duty vehicles will be electrified, and annual improvements for heavy duty vehicles.
Double down on liquid fuels like advanced biofuels and make agriculture a key part of the solution to the climate crisis.
Reduce emissions and cut consumer costs through new standards for appliance and building efficiency.
Require federal permit decisions to consider effects of greenhouse gas emissions and climate change, and ensure every federal infrastructure investment reduces climate pollution.
Require public companies to disclose climate risks and greenhouse gas emissions in their operations and supply chains.
Protect biodiversity, slow extinction rates and conserve 30% of America's lands and waters by 2030.
Permanently protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, establish national parks and monuments, ban new oil and gas permits on public lands and waters, modify royalties to account for climate costs and creating programs to enhance reforestation and develop renewable energy on federal lands and waters to double offshore wind by 2030.

I like all these, so if he can do them that's really cool. Trump would do none of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

so you don't really care much about the actual results and impact of things? shrugging and letting hundreds of millions of people die is totally respectful because it's constitutional?

The president is supposed to follow the constitution and that does matter, I didn't like it when Trump did things the constitution says the president can't do. :(