Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Roluth posted:

Eh, 5. I 100% appreciate Trump being out, but I'm bit wary of the Democrats settling back into complacence again. I'll give Biden one chance to propose a decent first 100 days, even without the Senate. If he legitimately does that $50k student debt forgiveness from that rumor going around, I'd be more positive about him.

The bloodbath that took place down ballot will prevent any complacency.

If the polls held up and the Democrats were looking at 52 seats in the Senate, Schumer probably doesn’t have the sudden desire to cancel student debt through Executive Order. The Democrats know they need to get results, whether it’s Executive Orders, or bills passed in the House that they can blame McConnell for 24/7. Have a whole bunch of carrots dangling in front of the electorate in 2022 that are awaiting a Democratic senate, and then hopefully win the Senate, and then use that to set up for 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU