Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm loving relieved. Biden isn't even close to my ideal candidate but I'll happily accept him as a breathing space.

Yeah I love when my breathing space is more crushing austerity that I can't survive. It rules. Really breathing easily as my material conditions don't change at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Would you rather have four more years of Donald Trump? Because that was the choice.

I'll take a slowly tightening noose around my neck over a bullet to the brain. You might be able to wriggle out of one of them.

The noose has been tightening for years, and Joe helped tie the knot.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

And rate it a 10/10 experience, apparently. Congrats on having low standards?

High fiving the guy who helped tie the knot as the trap door opens.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

None of you have any loving idea.

I'm disabled, trans, and poor, I'm pretty sure none of that started in the last four years. I'm incredibly aware of how precarious my life has been since the first Obama term.

Joe Biden was an architect of the Iraq war, Joe Biden is the reason you can't discharge student loans in bankruptcy, Joe Biden was the vice president of the united states and negotiating with Republicans above and beyond the conessions Dems had already made, Joe Biden thinks we should just tell cops to shoot for the leg. The problems existed before 2020, and Joe Biden either helped create them or has no plan for fixing any of them.

Dumper Humper fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 8, 2020

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Call Your Grandma posted:

honestly if you're life doesn't become beautifully uplifting the day Biden sits in the Oval Office you really need to stop thinking about your own privilege and focus on all the less fortunate that Joe and our First Black Woman President are going to better.

The massive privilege of being poor in America in 2020.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Glass of Milk posted:

5-7, depending on two main things:

A. Biden's patience with Republican intransigence. I don't think he's as loving stubborn as Obama was with his dedication to bipartisanship, so once the Republicans show their true colors, he will be okay with proceeding alone.

B. The makeup of the Senate to help support him in (A).

Harry Reid had to bar him from negotiating with republicans because he was compromising even beyond what dems had already agreed to.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Glass of Milk posted:

This was, what, 2012? I think the world has changed since then.

Joe "Republicans are good people" Biden, Joe "republicans are being floated for cabinet spots" Biden, is not going to stand up to them, you simp.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sarcastro posted:

The question of how this logic leads to anything other than accelerationism arises. (edit: once a Biden is the general candidate, I mean; certainly in primaries I agree that this matters)

Voting for candidates who are further and further right because the other guy is worse is accelerationism

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

10/10 excited. I loving hate the poo poo out of trump and every single day I wake up and he's not president I'm going to smile and cry a little bit. But more than that, it's a big deal to have an administration is not going to be removing animals from the endangered species act, understand the global warming is real, and will not deport Dreamers. I am by my nature an extremely cynical person, but it brings genuine warmth to my heart to think that some of these people can stay here where they belong.

E: obviously talking about the dreamers with that last sentence, not wolves

Notice how none of these things address the material conditions of millions of americans, because Biden wont do poo poo to actually make anyone's lives better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

LinYutang posted:

Same here. It's clear from the 2020 results that Joe Biden was precisely the correct candidate for the moment and the Democratic Party picked wisely.

I can't get treatment for medical issues without going into crippling debt and Joe Biden is not changing that in any way.