Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Artificial Kid posted:

This “it’s always the most perilous election ever, we are always told we have to just vote for the democrat” narrative got a lot of play here during this campaign, but I don’t think it’s true. I don’t remember it being that way with McCain or Romney. It wasn’t even that way with Dubya’s first term, only after 9/11 and his response was he truly demonised. Before that he was treated more as a sign of America’s stupidity than America’s evil.

I’m sure the next republican candidates will benefit to a frightening degree from a sense of normality and decorum relative to Trump, and people may get their wish that Biden or Harris not be elected because they’re “just another Democrat” and “both sides are the same”.

how old are you? people absolutely said that in 2008 and 2012

"Barack Obama, 2008' posted:

"This is certainly the most important election in my lifetime — not just because I'm running."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72KhiU96YXM

etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Anyway to answer the question: 0

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

how can you fix any of the real problems in america without impacting the wealthy? it’s already pareto efficient

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ruzihm posted:

I'm probably at a 1, but our buddy kissinger seems to be about a 5. Good for him :kiddo:
https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1326374110688145409?s=19

i hope henry kissinger dies. the best day is today, and the second best day is tomorrow. my excitement for his death is a solid 10

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pick posted:

I respect someone who understands constitionality, especially a president! Same with the mask mandate, when he was always careful to clarify that a mandate from the office of the executive had to be constitutional.

so you don't really care much about the actual results and impact of things? shrugging and letting hundreds of millions of people die is totally respectful because it's constitutional?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Insanite posted:

This is spot on. Biden's plan is essentially a moderate one from a couple of decades ago, when "global warming" was preferred to "climate change."

It's pretty lacking for the 2020s, though.

a moderate stance from a couple decades ago is very likely a stance that leads to the collapse of modern civilization and hundreds of millions or billions of deaths

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ok i'll write that down as a "yes" in my goons.xlsx then

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it would be helpful to explain why you are so excited about this policy reversal. how can we engage with you on the topic without you presenting an actual argument?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Nucleic Acids posted:

Nah it really isn’t if you actually think anything needs to be done about climate change.

hey buddy are you seriously saying there’s no difference between 9 degrees and 10 degrees of warming by 2100?