Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
THE APA VS. THE YOUNG BUCKS
the posters of 10 years ago were correct, apa is better
I REFUSE TO VOTE. THIS MATCH MUST HAPPEN AGAIN IN THE NEXT TOURNAMENT
the posters of 10 years ago were wrong. Go Bucks!
View Results

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Red Dragon/undisputed era
Mustache mountain
War machine/Viking Raiders
Timeslitters
GOD
Zeus and Bodygad
Harper/Rowan
New Day
DIY
American Alpha
Ciclope & Meido Extremo
PCO & Brody King
Rascalz
Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas
Violence is Forever
MAO and Speedball Bailey
Sanity
Ringkampf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
The original tournament features a dire lack of American Males American Males American Males American Males American Males American Males

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

KungFu Grip posted:

MAO and Speedball Bailey

I also vote for them and they should be known by their tag team name The Moonlight Express

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

THE BAR!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

man people really dont like ftr here

but also add roppongi vice just for their entrance theme

Procrastinator fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 10, 2020

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

How do you guys think I should implement SUPER GENERATION ARMY - which had like like three different viable Misawa teams. I figure most would just assume Misawa/Kobashi but hey. Do we also want Misawa/Kawada? Misawa/Akiyama? I dunno.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Misawa/Kobashi, with Kawada being represented by Holy Demon Army

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

OH, get The North in here too. And maybe South Wales Subculture? Aussie Open, Brookes & Fletcher... Not sure to what degree longevity should count.

HulkaMatt posted:

How do you guys think I should implement SUPER GENERATION ARMY - which had like like three different viable Misawa teams. I figure most would just assume Misawa/Kobashi but hey. Do we also want Misawa/Kawada? Misawa/Akiyama? I dunno.

well apparently there were multiple crossover entries last time, but if you want to pick one, probably pick the one with the most accolades?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ftr are good

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Bucks will win but god only five to ten years ago this would've been a rather interesting debate with the Briscoe Brothers but they burned every bridge in the universe. Honestly before the Bucks it was the Briscoe's that showed how far you can get as a pure tag team, and of course they are purely homophobic scumbag rednecks so yeah.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lid posted:

The Bucks will win but god only five to ten years ago this would've been a rather interesting debate with the Briscoe Brothers but they burned every bridge in the universe. Honestly before the Bucks it was the Briscoe's that showed how far you can get as a pure tag team, and of course they are purely homophobic scumbag rednecks so yeah.

I always thought the Briscoe's were boring as gently caress. I would be the only person booing then and ODB at the shows I went to when they were in ROH.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like both of their singles work better than their tag work

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Put Utami/Tall Saya in the tournament you cowards.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Procrastinator posted:

but also add roppongi vice just for their entrance theme

Going by this metric we should have GoD twice, once for their old sex music and again for their current banger

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kid Lykos and Chris Brookes CCK
IIconics
Boss Hug Connection
Kabuki Warriors

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 10, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Ftr are good

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

which pair from the shield was the best tag team? i assume reigns & rollins?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Procrastinator posted:

yeah they had awesome chemistry. loved their matches against the rhodes brothers

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

The young bucks fear Pencil Army

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Procrastinator posted:

i would just leave THE SHIELD as is and people could vote whatever combo. The Misawa Faction just had me asking because 4 different combinations of it won 5 "Tag team of the year" awards in the 90's for the Observer.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I haven't been paying much attention to wrestling in America for a while what ever happened to the Briscoes? Retired, sex pests or aggro chuds?

HulkaMatt posted:

i would just leave THE SHIELD as is and people could vote whatever combo.

next tournament best stable

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

weekly font posted:

I haven't been paying much attention to wrestling in America for a while what ever happened to the Briscoes? Retired, sex pests or aggro chuds?

They're homophobic as gently caress.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

HulkaMatt posted:

i would just leave THE SHIELD as is and people could vote whatever combo. The Misawa Faction just had me asking because 4 different combinations of it won 5 "Tag team of the year" awards in the 90's for the Observer.

i'd personally rather the tournament stick to specific pairs of people, but I guess if we're counting different gimmicks as different teams (would SSB and Stu + Evil Uno Of The Dark Order be different entries?), that's also a fair option.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I would like to vote for the Kings of Wrestling at least once.

Throw the American Wolves in too.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Power Windows posted:

Put Utami/Tall Saya in the tournament you cowards.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Procrastinator posted:

i'd personally rather the tournament stick to specific pairs of people

I mean I would also but I also don't think listing something like the Freebirds/New Day/Shield on its own will make much of a difference. Maybe I'm wrong?

Now i'm also thinking of Generation Next - which I imagine most will think of Aries/Strong but Strong/Evans had a great dynamic as a team also. But maybe don't need to split it into 2 teams. Hmmmm. . .

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

They are still in ROH on relatively big deals.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

weekly font posted:

No need for a tournament, it's Suzuki-gun

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

No need for a tournament, it's Itoh Respect Army

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

you're right, i do deserve it.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

first maki itoh and chris brookes must win this tournament

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Street Profits
Grizzled Young Vets
Roppongi 3K
SANADA/EVIL
SCU
Kenny/Hangman
Imperium
Breezango

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kevin steen and akira tozawa.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Actually have the tournament with no AEW teams. Then the winner gets the 16th seed in the all-AEW Tag Team Tournament. Yes I know AEW doesn't have 16 even if you take Dark Teams into effect. Leave me alone I'm sad. Not really. I mean a little but who isn't.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Actually have the tournament with no AEW teams. Then the winner gets the 16th seed in the all-AEW Tag Team Tournament. Yes I know AEW doesn't have 16 even if you take Dark Teams into effect. Leave me alone I'm sad. Not really. I mean a little but who isn't.

jurassic express
uno and grayson
beaver boys
scu
ftr
the hybrid 2
private party
janela & kiss
the young bucks
natural nightmares
best friends
proud and powerful
lucha brothers
the butcher and the blade
the gunn club
project chaos

and this isnt counting common pairings such as mjf/wardlow or kip/miro or starks/cage etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So ok then. We have a 128 team play-in and a 16 team tournament. Good job.