Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
THE APA VS. THE YOUNG BUCKS
the posters of 10 years ago were correct, apa is better
I REFUSE TO VOTE. THIS MATCH MUST HAPPEN AGAIN IN THE NEXT TOURNAMENT
the posters of 10 years ago were wrong. Go Bucks!
View Results

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cerebral Bore posted:

I noticed that Crush Gals lost in the very first round and audibly went all what the gently caress?

Yeah people tend to not know a lot about Japanese women's wrestling from 30 years ago. And they went up against Benoit and Malenko. Who were a very good tag team of excellent wrestlers even if one of them was a murderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

We need to have this tournament again so The Bucks can win it this time.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

They were a full on regular tag team for like 3 months.

Still enough to beat what amounted to a trivia question to a bunch of the voter base. I mean even if you were watching Joshi then you probably weren't seeing them.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

They're two of 3 people in AEW who can pull out 5* matches. Kenny being the 3rd. As amazing as I find AEW's roster I'm having trouble seeing any other combos that would result in 5 snowflakes.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

brian posted:

ah yes the universally agreed upon star system for matches

Meltzer is a lovely journalist but his star ratings are the standardized metric of match ratings among wrestlenerds.
Also I forgot about BF/PnP street fight being 5*. Which I still find a little surprising.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Actually have the tournament with no AEW teams. Then the winner gets the 16th seed in the all-AEW Tag Team Tournament. Yes I know AEW doesn't have 16 even if you take Dark Teams into effect. Leave me alone I'm sad. Not really. I mean a little but who isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So ok then. We have a 128 team play-in and a 16 team tournament. Good job.