Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
THE APA VS. THE YOUNG BUCKS
the posters of 10 years ago were correct, apa is better
I REFUSE TO VOTE. THIS MATCH MUST HAPPEN AGAIN IN THE NEXT TOURNAMENT
the posters of 10 years ago were wrong. Go Bucks!
View Results

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Scandalous that the Holy Demon Army got knocked out in the third round. It's an even greater tragedy than Akira Taue getting snubbed by Rarity in the GOAT thread.

A lots changed in 10 years, especially the far greater exposure to non-American wrestling. I'd certainly vote for Strong Bj or Violent Giants over more than half of the entrants on that list, plus SSB (now Uno and Stu in AEW) and Steen/Generic would definitely end up higher in the bracket nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Bucks might make my top 25, maybe top 50. I'd have to put some thought into it but they're far from my favourite

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If the first tournament was run in 2007, then FIST at that time (Icarus/Gran Akuma) was far inferior to it's best lineup (Gargano/Chuckie T), this should be corrected on a rematch

Seconding the teams GWB said and also:
Momo No Seishun (Daisuke Harada and Atsushi Kotoge)
Meiyu Tag (Hirooki Goto/Katsuyori Shibata)
Swords of Essex (Paul Robinson/Will Ospreay)
Future Shock (Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Procrastinator posted:

but also add roppongi vice just for their entrance theme

Going by this metric we should have GoD twice, once for their old sex music and again for their current banger

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

weekly font posted:

next tournament best stable

No need for a tournament, it's Suzuki-gun