Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
THE APA VS. THE YOUNG BUCKS
the posters of 10 years ago were correct, apa is better
I REFUSE TO VOTE. THIS MATCH MUST HAPPEN AGAIN IN THE NEXT TOURNAMENT
the posters of 10 years ago were wrong. Go Bucks!
View Results

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

1st of all: jfc 10 years

2nd: should we do this again? 10 more years of tag teams. 10 more years of opinions here changing. 10 more years of new posters joining. 10 more years of me learning the proper way to seed a tournament. 10 more years of hulkamatt still using the same bracket layout in ms paint from a forum pokemon d/p/p tournament.

It honestly surprised me how few people from the last thread were banned in the 1st round, but over 1/3 of them aren't active anymore. Also I have no idea why I'm even suggesting making more work for myself right now but I guess this is an interest check???

or we can just lol at some of the choices here I dunno.

anyway hop in this wrestlehut time capsule

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

When I was checking to see who was still active in the last thread you were the first person I didn't even need to check cav. Also quite a few teams in this wouldn't even be listed in the next one. I think.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

the young bucks are not my all time favorite team though edward mass

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Let's also not pretend that Wrestlehut in October of 2010 watched much puro at all

MassRafTer posted:

They were a full on regular tag team for like 3 months.

I genuinely don't remember how the list came to be which is why I kinda wanna just redo the whole thing.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 8, 2020

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I would appreciate recommendations for teams that aren't incredibly obvious and also teams from the last several years as my watching hasn't exactly been consistent.

I also still know next to nothing outside of US/JP wrestling so I won't know any actual lucha teams.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

How do you guys think I should implement SUPER GENERATION ARMY - which had like like three different viable Misawa teams. I figure most would just assume Misawa/Kobashi but hey. Do we also want Misawa/Kawada? Misawa/Akiyama? I dunno.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Procrastinator posted:

which pair from the shield was the best tag team? i assume reigns & rollins?

i would just leave THE SHIELD as is and people could vote whatever combo. The Misawa Faction just had me asking because 4 different combinations of it won 5 "Tag team of the year" awards in the 90's for the Observer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Procrastinator posted:

i'd personally rather the tournament stick to specific pairs of people

I mean I would also but I also don't think listing something like the Freebirds/New Day/Shield on its own will make much of a difference. Maybe I'm wrong?

Now i'm also thinking of Generation Next - which I imagine most will think of Aries/Strong but Strong/Evans had a great dynamic as a team also. But maybe don't need to split it into 2 teams. Hmmmm. . .