Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Goons Are Garlic posted:

let's see if I can make this happen without breaking the website.

It was nice posting with you all while it lasted

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious

oh my god yes dippy

Goons Are Gifts

So, the magic buttons have been pushed, while we wait and see if this worked out or if I have to bother the technical elves running this ship, let's take a look at the history and forum lore behind those two new smileys!

Let's start with , created by Manifisto two years ago in February 2018.
It originally came out of a very important, naturally goldmined thread by Macnult with a title very similar to the smiley itself, check it out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848280&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
It refers to an important and very byob stone named Dippy "The Dipster" Dippy, seen here:

and his brothers, the Dipping family:

He also had a side business in a microsoft endeavor:

As with all goldmined threads in BYOB, I highly recommend checking it out! It's great.

Next on the list is the hot sauce! Created by itry, who I think made like 50 smileys in this particular donation drive alone and deserves all the credit in the world for it. As far as I can see Prof Crocodile made a huge donation and wondered if we could have a hot sauce smiley and itry just went ahead and made it! I'm not sure it has a deeper lore than being a :dadjoke:, I don't think so, but please correct me if it does, I need to update my forum lore library with it.

I also think the first smileys have made it through the portal and are now online and working! Look at that, it all worked out, incredible. :dippy: :hotsauce:

Thank you for this first round, the next one will commence in a few days from now, so stay tuned and come back when it's time for the great BYOB SMILIE LOTTERY why is smiley mispelled by the way is that *camera shuts down*

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
This thread is :hotsauce:

Manifisto

:dippy::dippy::dippy::dippy::dippy:

*cries tears of relief and joy*

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

Rarity posted:

It was nice posting with you all while it lasted

Well, today is Tuesday

e: :dippy: :hotsauce:

itry

:hotsauce: is in fact a glimpse into the assembly line of the Capsaicin Army, forever in battle with the forces of Baron Butter Faux Lipwig.

Edit: Is it just me or does :dippy: look like Quark from DS9? :v:

itry fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 10, 2020

Prof. Crocodile

itry posted:

:hotsauce: is in fact a glimpse into the assembly line of the Capsaicin Army, forever in battle with the forces of Baron Butter Faux Lipwig.

Edit: Is it just me or does :dippy: look like Quark from DS9? :v:

technically it is quark that looks like dippy, but I take your point.

biosterous

fixed at long last

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
a success story 2 years in the making

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Goons Are Gifts

It's very byob to fix a thing after two years imo :dippy:

Ass-penny

:hotsauce:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
here is my :hotsauce: story: my cousin had covid this past week, and lost her sense of taste. so she ordered hot wings with the 3 hottest sauces available from a nearby restaurant to push the limits of her inability to taste. she said they didn't taste spicy at all

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

more falafel please

forums poster

hell yeah :hotsauce:

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

FutonForensic

:five: for :dippy:

Prof. Crocodile

*intro music comes in as hosts and contestants make very obviously fake small talk*

Welcome back everyone! BYOB's Amazing Smiley Lottery is off to a great start, with Chewbecca unlocking the coveted hot sauce smiley, and More Falafel Please uncovering fan-favorite Dippy. Hot sauce and falafels? Is it lunchtime yet, Prof. Crocodile?

Actually, I think it is.

Well that makes sense, because I'm hungry. Hungry for more smilies, that is!

You set me up for that awful joke, you monster! How do I make the 'mods' smiley in real life?

The answer to that question will have to wait, because it's time for round 2! Same rules as last time! I am thinking of a number between 0 and 100, and each of the two closest guesses will get to choose a smiley. This round of guessing will stop at Midnight UTC (5PM EST)! Probably! And the clock starts... now!

Ass-penny

Staying on 77.

C'mon daddy needs a new pair of shoes smilies.

Trying

420 mod 69= 6

Ass-penny

:captainpop:

Manifisto

38 because it's special

:nice:

Heather Papps

hello friend

1!!!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
2!

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

FluffieDuckie

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

biosterous

ooh i get to take 37 this time, this time i get to make the dick sucking joke

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

pecan

3! :twisted:

Bingo Bango

57! :hotsauce:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

gently caress :negative:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
29 I assume I can play again, if not pretend I edited and it says 666 :evilbuddy:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

pseudorandom

18! :eng101:

itry

StupidSexyMothman

sb hermit

uh, 69 mod 420 = 69, I guess

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

Jinh

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
:f5:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

88, as in two racecars doing sick figure eights and high giving every time they pass already taken. 80 as in a car doing loops around the figure 8 car I guess?

biosterous posted:

ooh i get to take 37 this time, this time i get to make the dick sucking joke

:unsmith:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Prof. Crocodile

*Intro music blares*

Welcome back everyone to Round 2 of the BYOB Smiley Lottery! Without further ado, let's reveal the number that I have chosen, and kept in absolute secrecy until this very moment! And I have chosen... the number 2!

Heh. Heh heh.

What's so funny? I am a moderator on the internet's premier comedy subforum—an expert on all the funny numbers—and I can assure you that there is nothing funny about the number 2. In fact, I've been keeping that number two in my head for the past 24 hours, and holding in that number 2 was quite painful!

Hahahahahahahaha!

Useless. Absolutely useless. But let's not waste any more time. Our first winner is Rarity!

Our second winner is... well this is interesting... Both Heather Papps and forum newcomer pecan were within spitting distance of the number 2.

HAHA! HAHA! HAHAHAHA!

I have stop hiring the 420 people. Anyway, as a tiebreaker, I am going to give this one to Heather Papps, either because he guessed first chronologically or because he came closest without going over, which is normal game show protocol, according to the manual. Rarity and Heather Papps, make your selections of the 21 smilies remaining! Which smiley would you like to uncover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pecan

this is highway robbery