Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tristesse posted:

I just watched this series and it was a wild ride. One thought that kept occurring to me is I wonder if this was either created by the same person or inspired by the "How-to Basic" series of videos on youtube, which get really surreal. An example- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8y3SSmz4sg

Oh man, I unsubscribed a long while back because it got a little too predictable with screaming + eggs chaos after like a year but this one proved they still got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

our long nightmare is nearly at an end
https://twitter.com/howtojohnwilson/status/1458479566201233410

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

There will be so much good COVID footage. Any idea how many episodes?
Edit: looks like 6 again.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 12, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks for the heads up. Stoked!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Holy poo poo , How to Improve your Memory was a wild loving ride. Glad I found out about this show when I did.

Oh wait nevermind I got to the How to Cover your Furniture.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 17, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The finale hit the two of us rather hard, like flashbacks to when the city first descended into hell last March. I'm beyond happy there's a second season.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

Holy poo poo , How to Improve your Memory was a wild loving ride. Glad I found out about this show when I did.

Oh wait nevermind I got to the How to Cover your Furniture.

lol

How to Cover Your Furniture is like a Lynch film or something

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The finale hit the two of us rather hard, like flashbacks to when the city first descended into hell last March. I'm beyond happy there's a second season.

This and the Borat sequel that came out last year had a similar effect on me.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I believe the new episode is tonight!

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
New episode was last night and it was amazing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh man this is a good premiere

started losing it at that 18 year old real estate agent and haven’t stopped yet

e: the facial expression buildings were also amazing

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Lost it when the ventriloquist brought out the last dummy and you can her John going "oh no....no we're good....you really don't have to....i think i have everything i need...."

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Those two homeowners letting us know they were never masters of anyone was great.

I liked the beginning of the quick eviction guy interview where he's talking and you can see a corner of a bed in the next room and I'm thinking "wait, does he live here too" and then it just keeps going.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I was afraid I was going to have to explain second life to my wife but fortunately the sex dungeon shots did that for me. Definitely a big moment of "who the gently caress is playing second life, let alone paying that much" for me.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Good first premiere , I lost it at the end though when the guy brought out the obviously racist puppet.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 28, 2021

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Why does second life, a game from 2003, always seem like it runs at 5 fps no matter what footage I see of it?

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

wa27 posted:

Why does second life, a game from 2003, always seem like it runs at 5 fps no matter what footage I see of it?

Because the players never upgrade their computers instead spending money on land in game

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The footage of the naked guy with a moosehead was loving gold.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The flying landlord was the best. I had no idea Second Life was still around, but a boring guy in a suit flying around to sex clubs and Zumba groups seems like a good encapsulation of it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I was surprised that 2nd life is around as well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I loved the gross basement landlord that just loses his poo poo for no reason.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Here's an interview with John Wilson, with some light spoilers for upcoming plot points in the new season: https://slate.com/culture/2021/11/how-to-with-john-wilson-interview-season-two-hbo.html

According to the interview, the next episode has a bit about John's college acapella group and how they attended a conference sponsored by the NXIVM cult. I think you can see our man at the 20 second mark of this video: https://youtu.be/amLPa8I1KU0?t=20. I found a Reddit thread detailing the whole ordeal, I'm hoping this is the bit we'll learn some more about.

Here's some bonus college John Wilson I found: https://youtu.be/XVoV9hiVWSs?t=81

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Just saw the newest episode. Absolutely incredible. The street being used as a syria stand-in. The cum tiles. The broker trying to sell a shitbox with a tub in the kitchen. The 18 year old broker. The expensive house with a weird oval motif. The evac guy who seems to be at a desk in his office, then we pull back and see it's a room inside the guy's small apartment. The second life guy with a lovely computer and no mousepad despite ostensibly making a lot of money. Those bizarre dinning room chairs in the ventriloquist's house.

I actually did know that second life was still a thing since I saw this video about people who work at an expensive brothel in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR94zlsHFdc

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There was so much good stuff going on in the episode I was sort of overwhelmed with what to post about it but yeah all of that stuff was great. The part where his block was converted into Syria for a TV show was so good.

Also I don't know why I was surprised that he lived in illegally converted warehouse art collective for a decade, but I was. He's totally every dude I have ever known that lives in one of those though lol.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

There was so much good stuff going on in the episode I was sort of overwhelmed with what to post about it

I felt the same way. Talk about coming back strong.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You can get a glimpse of him living in those lofts in this very excellent video: https://vimeo.com/57254558 (which I think covers the Madam Secretary bit too). I have more than a couple friends live there and it was certainly part of "the full Bushwick experience", up to and including seeing the awful landlords.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao I literally had to cover the screen when that dude was eating that old ration aaahhhhhhh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the NXIVM stuff :stare:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this is one of the most :psyduck: episodes of the whole show so far and it’s completely amazing

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

That made me so uncomfortable on so many levels.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I can't wait for a year from now when we're describing this show to people and relenting that the NXIVM episode and Bang episode were in the same half an hour.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

oops all cults

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

theflyingexecutive posted:

I can't wait for a year from now when we're describing this show to people and relenting that the NXIVM episode and Bang episode were in the same half an hour.

And the old ration guy. Really just a shotgun blast of wild stuff.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Everything with the very not Steve1989MREinfo guy is incredible. The pokemon poster. The Slimfast story.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Fartington Butts posted:

Everything with the very not Steve1989MREinfo guy is incredible. The pokemon poster. The Slimfast story.

the katana collection during the slimfast story

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Do I need to start drinking bang?

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Noise Machine posted:

Do I need to start drinking bang?

As someone who's lived most of the last 10 years subsisting on Monster energy drinks - Bang gives me palpitations.

So knock yourself out

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

him walking into that creepy party was some of the most uncomfortable ive been in a long time

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think anything can beat the glimpses of the foreskin tugger guy's family in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think anything can beat the glimpses of the foreskin tugger guy's family in the background.

:agreed:

"Anyone else in the house want a grapefruit-flavored seltzer..?"
*quick pan over to daughter sitting in living room, staring off into the distance, not acknowledging Mr Tugger*

That and the scene earlier in that same episode where the older lady says something in gibberish about the chair being covered for 37 years and the camera captures the hapless expression of her husband was gold.

e: https://streamable.com/sz4cse