Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hirsute posted:

The part with the prepper's wife talking about how she would miss seeing the outside world and her husband's response cracked me up so hard I had to pause for a minute

lmao this was just perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The most incredible part is that he's been screwed over by NXIVM twice

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The most incredible part is that he's been screwed over by NXIVM twice

The cat turds coming back to bite him from a previous season was great, too.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
The self cleaning toilet was amazing, but also was him cracking up when asking that lady if he could come with her to burning man, like he knew how ridiculous it was to ask and the fact that she agreed made it so much better.

Aphex- fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 30, 2023

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Why do cat turds clog up the toilet, anyway? I'd assume that turds are turds and of course they'd go in the toilet

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

OldSenileGuy posted:

Why do cat turds clog up the toilet, anyway? I'd assume that turds are turds and of course they'd go in the toilet

I'm pretty sure it's the litter attaching to the pipes and expanding due to moisture then drying. . It probably forms something like concrete over time.

Sameish reason that you're not supposed to out a lot of coffee grounds or dough down the sink.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

People have successfully potty trained cats to stand on toilet seats and poop and pee in human toilets. Plenty videos of it on YouTube showing it. As previously stated the problem has nothing to do with the poop

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 31, 2023

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
lol at burning man having licensing rules. Release the burn cut!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I’m bummed we will never see the burning man footage

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the weirdos in this episode. A really good one.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

John freaking out at the flamethrower was awesome. It was so much bigger than he expected.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Death penalty for that one couple

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Escobarbarian posted:

Holy poo poo the weirdos in this episode. A really good one.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Death penalty for that one couple

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I’m sure it’s been said multiple times already, nothing else I can think of simultaneously makes me want to visit NYC and avoid it completely as this show does

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Man I hope that Burning Man couple's kid doesn't turn out like them lol

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The subtitles refer to that one guy as "Cannon Man"

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
This season's central theme seems to be "New York is hell". There's no toilets, poop everywhere, and you're subject to a constant cacophony of Godfather horns. (After today's episode, I feel the urge to rewatch Safe.)

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
This show makes it seem like every person that lives in New York is completely insane about one topic. Just batty as hell obsessed about something crazy, like how many rats you see in the park every week

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I want to know how they find people for the in-home interviews. Recently rewatched the one where the guy thinks he's the reincarnation of John Adams and that his wife is the reincarnation of John Adams' son.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
I love this show. It's pure chaos.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

This show makes me miss NYC dearly. It is an incredibly accurate portrayal of the city.

Olanphonia posted:

This show makes it seem like every person that lives in New York is completely insane about one topic. Just batty as hell obsessed about something crazy, like how many rats you see in the park every week

Not every person, but when you have 8 million people in that tight of a space, you get a lot more weirdo's.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I want to know more about the woman who dated a serial killer. Is she a liar, a terrible judge of character, something else? Who knows!?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I want to know more about the woman who dated a serial killer. Is she a liar, a terrible judge of character, something else? Who knows!?

She's either delusional or making poo poo up (or both).

Frankly the weirdest person in this episode is Bert from West Virginia if that other woman is to be believed. A friendship-ending argument over whether or not you can drink Roundup is amazing.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have actually met some of the weirdos who drink Roundup. I still don't know why it's a thing.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The sequence of dropping the storm grate on the guy was my favorite bit

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

“I felt very proud”

Haha hooooooly poo poo that’s not the direction I assumed that was going.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

This show continues to be a masterclass of how to plot a thru line.

I can't think of a show that delivers such a consistent "where is this going" while also completely paying off the initial bits as this one.

This might be the last season of this show, but can't wait for whatever Jon Wilson hits up next.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

So I watched the scaffolding episode a couple of years ago and for whatever reason never continued the show. I finally revisited it last week and I binged the whole thing (until the current episode).

I can't believe I slept on this. Absolutely amazing, and I'm sad it's not more popular - though I guess it got renewed so I can't complain. Like it even more than Nathan For You or The Rehearsal.

Also, re: the last ep, I was so pissed when I saw he lost whatever it was to loving John Oliver. I can only imagine it was an award for the Most Animal Jokes.

EDIT: Also, that bit where he said his landlord moved to Florida or something and it showed a different person than Mama made me go.. loving what.

Also, the fact that he always said "Hey Mama" with the exact same intonation, even seasons later, was hilarious. Like other people said this show is so dense I legitimately thought each episode is an hour until I checked.

kiminewt fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 12, 2023

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

EL BROMANCE posted:

“I felt very proud”

Haha hooooooly poo poo that’s not the direction I assumed that was going.
Oh my gooooood this show is so good!

Also there was an interview with John on The Guardian a few days ago

quote:

“I have a few balls in the air,” he says. “I have a few ideas. But yeah, just out of pure superstition, I don’t really want to reveal anything.”

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I busted out laughing at the "keep growing" Photoshop scene.

kiminewt posted:

EDIT: Also, that bit where he said his landlord moved to Florida or something and it showed a different person than Mama made me go.. loving what.

Yeah, same. I assumed he was loving with us to see if we even remembered what she looked like or something.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 12, 2023

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

OK which little traveled subforum did gooning emerge from? It's not coupons, I know that much.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Pumpkin growers the most well adjusted people on the show so far

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That episode made me wish I lived in the pumpkin town

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, same. I assumed he was loving with us to see if we even remembered what she looked like or something.

Mandela effect

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Every episode of this show is a strange and preposterous tour de force. I love it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Looking at the pumpkin on the truck and he's like "Ever seen that movie Sorcerer?" was incredible. This show is unbelievable and I tell everybody to watch it, even though its a hard sell because the reality of the show is pretty hard to explain.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I feel like he has to acknowledge his 2nd unit crew at some point. So far they've been maintaining kayfabe that all footage is shot by John Wilson himself within the show.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

The loving superimposed abs on the pumpkin.

gently caress.

Launched me in to orbit. That may be my favourite episode yet for the wild god drat tonal swings alone.

masterpine fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 13, 2023

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

fez_machine posted:

I feel like he has to acknowledge his 2nd unit crew at some point. So far they've been maintaining kayfabe that all footage is shot by John Wilson himself within the show.

Probably saving it for the series finale. "How To Come Clean" or some poo poo like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
The last five minutes :cry: I wasn't ready for that.