Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Oh man that episode has me feeling some kind of way. What a strange, sad, beautiful coming out story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

KPC_Mammon posted:

I didn't post this earlier because I thought I'd be told I was reading too much into things (lol) but yeah, it's this. I can't help but feel like he's awkwardly hiding behind the camera watching everyone else because he's never let himself be who he really is.

It's definitely a coming-out story but the John Wilson in this show is still a character, not an unvarnished or unexaggerated glimpse at the real Wilson. We don't know what the real Wilson's private romantic life is like; even if this is a mass media coming-out that doesn't mean the real Wilson has been suffering in the closet for 30 years.