Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
With Bernie and the Squad all voting for the CARES ACT, I have little faith in progressives successfully infiltrating the Democratic Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

icantfindaname posted:

I do think that one of the biggest outcomes of the Biden admin will be the collapse of this sort of "progressive" position. Even if they win both Georgia races, even as the entire theory of Biden and Chuck Schumer as politicians is that they're ideal for precisely this situation, where cajoling one or three moderate Senators is the most important task, the Democrats won't deliver jack poo poo. If you're Paul Krugman or the American Prospect or Vox or whatever you can only go on insisting that the Democrats are secret progressives, no really, for so long before you can't do it with a straight face anymore. I think the facade will collapse before Biden's term is done. The smart ones like Yglesias are already doing a neo-neocon turn and fleeing the ship. Kamala will end up running in 2024 on a basically anti-left platform and will be stomped by Marco Rubio.

Also, special mention to Warren and her people, who've been humiliated and clowned to a degree I don't think even the most bearish observers a year ago would have predicted

Would I be stupid to think that there could actually be a third party that will actually make waves in ten years time?