Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Making perfect the enemy of the good is saying "Will breaking up the banks end racism?"'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

It's the catchphrase of a poster who's used it three times.

Sucrose posted:

I feel like a major problem with the left is that once you go far enough left all energy for forward movement gets sucked away by people like this assuring you that trying to make things better is hopeless because Capitalism itself isn't being destroyed.

And Capitalism itself is never going to be destroyed, because a better system to replace it doesn't actually exist in the real world.
"Republics were tried and failed, there isn't a better system than monarchy." is a take we've all heard before, but imagine being stupid enough to believe it lol.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Sucrose posted:

You are the epitome of what’s wrong with the far-left. One out of our two parties is currently infested with Nazis, but yes, it’s liberals who are the real threat to humanity.

I would have settled for social democracy before I realized that it wasn't on the menu. I have my price, it is what you claim to want, and you are a liar.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 21, 2020