Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

HootTheOwl posted:

Didn't the ACA provide blunting of rising insurance prices for the first time in ten years?

HootTheOwl posted:

Your chart shows two red bars of roughly equal height between 10 and 11, suggesting "yup" (for employer insurance).

It also shows red bars of roughly equal height for 07, 08 and 09 so your thesis of it being the only time it blunted the rise in ten years is... questionable. What blunted it in those years? It wasn't the ACA.

As far as slowing the growth of health care costs the ACA was a total failure. I'd be interested in more data and more recent data but I'm phone posting right now, I'll try to pull some more when I get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU